Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Probation?

how long does it last?

and is there anyway to get off it early?

i wanted to ask these questions after the infraction i recieved but then my send messages ability has vanished

Originally posted by elevation INC View Post
    how long does it last?

i wanted to ask these questions after the infraction i recieved but then my send messages ability has vanished
    This maybe should be put into Feedback.

How long? Until they expire. I don't think there's a set time frame.

Not sure if you can get off early. Sometimes, a poster can talk to a mod if they think an IP was unfairly given. BUT, do it privately. Use the Contact Us thing at the bottom of each page.

And, a suggestion? State your case, but don't argue. That will only get you into further trouble.
    Administrator

#Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month

#LupusAwarenessMonth

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

Originally posted by Peanut View Post
      This maybe should be put into Feedback.

How long? Until they expire. I don't think there's a set time frame.

Not sure if you can get off early. Sometimes, a poster can talk to a mod if they think an IP was unfairly given. BUT, do it privately. Use the Contact Us thing at the bottom of each page.

And, a suggestion? State your case, but don't argue. That will only get you into further trouble.
      i would delet and move it to feedback but i lost those priviliges as well....

I actually thought i posted this in feedback and couldnt figure out where it went......

Comment

Your probationary status is tied to the infraction, as Peanut said. When the infraction expires, so will the points.

When the points are gone you'll be back to normal status.

Without getting into too much detail about the issue, you're certainly always welcome to use the Contact Us form, but I think that in this case it's unlikely to result in a removal of the points.

I'm not saying that to be mean, but rather to let you know the reality of the situation. I'd hate to see you get frustrated with the process while trying to get something reduced or removed when it isn't likely to happen.

You are welcome to exercise that option, however, and we encourage you to do so if you feel there's been an error.

Comment

how long does it last?

Just a quick word of advice from someone that has done plenty of dumb stuff and amassed many infractions...........they go away so it is best to let it alone and do the time.

It will expire unless you get yourself suspended or banned for not letting it be. It is what it is. Poking it with a stick just makes it worse.
          sigpic

I adopt andrewmlb.

Comment

One question I have about probation. I have 2 infractions right now. One is for 50 points and another is for 5 points. The 50 pointer expires next Thursday, the 5 pointer expires on January 3rd. I know they overlap right now.

Will I get all or some of my privileges back on Thursday or will I have to wait until January 3rd? I didn't know if different levels offer restrictions or not. Like a 5 pointer you get some features as opposed to the 50 pointer where you lose everything except posting. I just really want to feel like a complete member around here! Lesson learned!

Any help is greatly appreciated and CP will be awarded once I get it back.

Adopted Posters - Broncoholic MS, thatkidhunt, Al Wilson 4 Mayor, Thors Hammer, McSmashie, CanDB, Peanut, BroncoManiac_69, MightyHorse, CHARGER$, Chillez, EddieMac
            Married Megan Joy on August 18th, 2013
            Proud Daddy of Jeremiah James born February 24, 2011

Adopt-A-Bronco 2013 - Champ Bailey
            Yankees, Rockies, Nuggets, Avalanche, CU Buffs
            I still miss you Jake Plummer!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Broncoholic JS View Post
              One question I have about probation. I have 2 infractions right now. One is for 50 points and another is for 5 points. The 50 pointer expires next Thursday, the 5 pointer expires on January 3rd. I know they overlap right now.

Will I get all or some of my privileges back on Thursday or will I have to wait until January 3rd? I didn't know if different levels offer restrictions or not. Like a 5 pointer you get some features as opposed to the 50 pointer where you lose everything except posting. I just really want to feel like a complete member around here! Lesson learned!

Any help is greatly appreciated and CP will be awarded once I get it back.
              You would get it back on Thursday

Comment

Originally posted by CinnaMunMun View Post
                You would get it back on Thursday
                I get all my privileges back on Thursday? VERY NICE!!

Adopted Posters - Broncoholic MS, thatkidhunt, Al Wilson 4 Mayor, Thors Hammer, McSmashie, CanDB, Peanut, BroncoManiac_69, MightyHorse, CHARGER$, Chillez, EddieMac
                Married Megan Joy on August 18th, 2013
                Proud Daddy of Jeremiah James born February 24, 2011

Adopt-A-Bronco 2013 - Champ Bailey
                Yankees, Rockies, Nuggets, Avalanche, CU Buffs
                I still miss you Jake Plummer!

sigpic

Comment

how long does it last?

Hang tough bud.......I sure felt weird when I was on probation. I certainly didn't like the rules (which have been discussed in this section before), like not beng able to edit or send pms or give out CPs. There are reasons, because it prevents certain types of posters from taking additional personal shots at others......but that doesn't sound like you (nor did it apply to me).

Be cool....look forward to your full return.....keep posting, because you are 100% CP worthy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                    Hang tough bud.......I sure felt weird when I was on probation. I certainly didn't like the rules (which have been discussed in this section before), like not beng able to edit or send pms or give out CPs. There are reasons, because it prevents certain types of posters from taking additional personal shots at others......but that doesn't sound like you (nor did it apply to me).

Be cool....look forward to your full return.....keep posting, because you are 100% CP worthy!!!!
                    Can............on probation!

Inconceivable!
                    sigpic

I adopt andrewmlb.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncoholic JS View Post
                      I get all my privileges back on Thursday? VERY NICE!!
                      Yeh, 55 points aint so bad. Ive managed to rack up 225 since my invasion of the boards.

There is a life after infractions. Just be smart and dont keep racking them up like me. Trust me, it is much better to play nice.

Besides, you are much much much more likely to be heard and listened to if you are posting the right way.
                      sigpic

I adopt andrewmlb.

Comment

Originally posted by Alastor View Post
                        Your probationary status is tied to the infraction, as Peanut said. When the infraction expires, so will the points.

When the points are gone you'll be back to normal status.

Without getting into too much detail about the issue, you're certainly always welcome to use the Contact Us form, but I think that in this case it's unlikely to result in a removal of the points.

I'm not saying that to be mean, but rather to let you know the reality of the situation. I'd hate to see you get frustrated with the process while trying to get something reduced or removed when it isn't likely to happen.

You are welcome to exercise that option, however, and we encourage you to do so if you feel there's been an error.

meh its no biggy, my sarcasm probally irked someone that day or something, just curious because in 2 years i never had it happen and only had like 30 infraction points so i was suprised....kinda felt blindsided, but i violated the COC so it aint no biggy to me just curious how it worked thats all....

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post

thanks man, CP your way when i get reinstated...lol

Comment

Consider one sent.
                            Thanks, Reid!
                            sigpic
                            Click on my sig to read JetRazor's and my story. Or PM me with any questions.

Comment

Just remember bud....you are an elite poster in my books......when I sort through threads (and I am too busy to read many of the posts), if I see your name I read. You definitely know your stuff!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X