Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our Private Messages

What does this mean?

You have 0 confirmed and 9 unconfirmed private message receipts.

My PM box was almost full so I had to go do some deleting. I've noticed that before but never really thought much of it.

But when I click on it, it says I don't have privileges to open or view that page.

Just curious what unconfirmed receipts means.
    :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

When you send a private message, depending on the board settings, you can opt to have a receipt attached.

That means that when the person reads it the system will let you know it's been read.

We shut that feature off a while ago except for moderators and infractions, however, because it's kind of intrusive to mandate that a message be read unless it directly pertains to site rules.

Comment

So that means 9 PM's were not read back in the day?

I wanna know who they are. Lemme at'em.

How long has this feature been off? That has been like years methinks.
      :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoManiac_69 View Post
        So that means 9 PM's were not read back in the day?
        Not always. At the time the option was enabled, the option to "deny" a message receipt was also in place.

That means the sender had the ability to say no to sending a receipt back. They may have read it and just denied the receipt.

How long has this feature been off? That has been like years methinks.
        Not sure exactly. I think your estimate may be about right though.

Comment

Originally posted by Alastor View Post
          Not always. At the time the option was enabled, the option to "deny" a message receipt was also in place.

That means the sender had the ability to say no to sending a receipt back. They may have read it and just denied the receipt.

Not sure exactly. I think your estimate may be about right though.
          I used to require receipts all the time...don't really remember when I stopped, must have been when it shut off...If I had to guess, maybe when the boards were redone in 07?
          Administrator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RunYouOver View Post
            I used to require receipts all the time...don't really remember when I stopped, must have been when it shut off...If I had to guess, maybe when the boards were redone in 07?
            Probably. That'd fit the time frame. I dunno for sure. My memory is a bit hazy on it all. It's all a big blur.

Comment

Working...
            X