Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TRUEBRONCOFAN24
    replied
    I like your idea TX, but chances are people would completely ignore it. That's just the way people are on all forums.

You see people posting stuff on video games and other teams in the GD every day and sometimes they even mention in the post that they know it shouldn't be in GD. It's actually pretty amusing.

Leave a comment:

• Peerless
    replied
    Originally posted by Jay3 View Post
    The problem is all these bandwagon, johnnie-come-lately fans because of Tebow.
    Hmmmm....

Leave a comment:

• Jay3
    replied
    The problem is all these bandwagon, johnnie-come-lately fans because of Tebow.

Leave a comment:

• Jay3
    replied
    Hopefully the problem will subside as time passes -- the weekend after he was drafted just finished, and he was a quarterback drafted in the first round (which doesn't happen all the time).

Leave a comment:

• bronx_2003
    replied
    Originally posted by Alastor View Post
    We understand your view on it, Bronx.

Usually things return to normal fairly quickly. This probably won't be an exception. Like I said elsewhere, this is nothing compared to Shanahan's firing, McDaniels' hiring, Cutler, Marshall, or half the other things that took place last season. We don't expect this to be a major fiasco for the community.

By tomorrow things should pretty much be back to normal. Evidence from today suggests it's already pretty much back to normal.

We appreciate your understanding and patience, even if you disagreed on the method.
    I understand why you had to do it and you all do an incredible job here

I guess I wasn't overjoyed when my thread was closed LOL but its all good

Leave a comment:

• Alastor
    replied
    We understand your view on it, Bronx.

Usually things return to normal fairly quickly. This probably won't be an exception. Like I said elsewhere, this is nothing compared to Shanahan's firing, McDaniels' hiring, Cutler, Marshall, or half the other things that took place last season. We don't expect this to be a major fiasco for the community.

By tomorrow things should pretty much be back to normal. Evidence from today suggests it's already pretty much back to normal.

We appreciate your understanding and patience, even if you disagreed on the method.

Leave a comment:

• bronx_2003
    replied
    I don't think the whole page would be cluttered with Tebow threads and ppl are only posting about him because its an interesting topic at the moment that we like to discuss.

I have seen about 3 or 4 Tebow threads that are discussing different things that would be interesting, I don't really agree with locking them

Leave a comment:

• Alastor
    replied
    A) Chances that people would use it are about nil. Those that would use it are the ones that are going to use one of the existing topics anyway, so it doesn't do any good for them because they're already considerate. Those that aren't looking at the stickies aren't going to look at other people's threads either, so they're going to make their own regardless.

Stickies only get the attention of people whose attention doesn't need to be gotten.

B) We have a lot of redundant topics. If I search up Jamie Dukes right now, I bet I get at least ten threads from the last 48 hours. Kyle Orton, McDaniels, Bowlen, Dum, and so on would all be similar cases. If we have all of them stickied, there's no room for new topics.

Really, truly, the best solution is for people to just try to encourage other users to use existing topics, and to report highly redundant threads so the mods can clean them up.

The reason we're locking them and leaving them public is so that others see them. If in about 30 minutes or so they're still in the way, report them and I'll come take them out of the public list so they're not in the way.

Leave a comment:

• BroncosTX77
    started a topic Tim Tebow Sticky Thread?

Tim Tebow Sticky Thread?

Why not create a Tim Tebow Sticky thread on GD so front page isnt cluttered with all his locked topics?

As Alastor pointed out, you can't create his own Forum, but you can Definitely create his own thread and monitor it better.

Just a thought, it will keep all those new Tebow fans coming back and the site will maintain its hit rate.

:salute!:
Working...
X