Light blue on lighter blue readability

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Light blue on lighter blue readability

I think there should be more contrast between the type and the background, for example; White background with black letters is way easier to read then Black type on Dark dark dark blue back ground. These are not my perfered colors but, only serve as an example!!!!
    I hate the Defenseless Receiver rule and the fines. Posted since '07. 2011 rule addition :nono: backhand a fool!

Brighter orange

Thicker type

readability needs an upgrade get to work.......lol.........kidding kidding

just suggestions
    I hate the Defenseless Receiver rule and the fines. Posted since '07. 2011 rule addition :nono: backhand a fool!

Comment

Unfortunately, I'm not certain what you're referring to.

Are you talking about the font and background colors on the site here? By default, it's black text on a white background in any text field for exactly the reasons you mentioned.

Can you clarify what the issue you're having is? Screen shots help.

Comment

Originally posted by Alastor View Post
        Unfortunately, I'm not certain what you're referring to.

Are you talking about the font and background colors on the site here? By default, it's black text on a white background in any text field for exactly the reasons you mentioned.

Can you clarify what the issue you're having is? Screen shots help.
        It's possible, I am going slightly color blind as the males in my family have had such issue. We have relativly good, pure blood, genetics and I am very blessed in most regards. I think a lot of males have color blindness issues.

Sure I like to share my thoughts and when repling the black and white is wonderful yet bland and lifeless. The Boards page and threads page are Light light light orange on white and the words just don't...pop. If you can pick up what I am putting down.

Even worse is reading the post inside of a thread Light blue words on lighter blue background just dont ...pop.. and become tough to read......color is great just more pop or contrast would be nice...gotta go now ask again if uncertain.....no time to spell check

Comment

Ok think I have figured out how to explain it!

Google...color wheel... Been a long long[/B][/COLOR] long time since I have seen one but it will help.

Example; Light red, thin type, on say a pink background; The colors are right next to each other on the color wheel; No contrast for definition or ....pop.

How about light red, thin type, on a yellow back ground now we are talking. Well those are not our colors. How about DARK blue thicker type on a say light orange background.....those colors are opposites and have "contrast"......

Thin type that is a medium blue on a light blue background gets a bit strenuous on the eyes...as in opening a thread and reading a post(like you are doing right now). The colors of medium blue on light blue....those colors would be next to each other on the color wheel and the contrast is very very very very minimum.

The extreme example is black on white. Those colors represent the max of contrast.....Black on white.....what mentally handicapped slow thinker would market a black and white page....not to mention those colors have nothing to do with the Broncos.

When it comes to posting something yes it is black and white. Most of my time though is spent reading a post, in a thread, in a board.

Geez, that is about as simple as I can make it. I hope that helped.

(when you quote some one it is in a box...the box is white the words are the same thin medium blue...contrast) White Background is dull...so IDK maybe a few people could clock in and think of COLORS that pertain to us that have ...contrast

On the threads page inside of a board the orange type on blue has contrast and is very easy on the eyes....... It is striped light blue background, off white background, Blue, Off white, etc..

The orange on blue has contrast, the orange on off white, has little contrast but is slightly harder to read.

Mostly though it is the Medium light blue very thin type on a light blue background that seems to be unfavorable to my eyes( what you are reading right now).... the background is light blue and the Type is thin and a medium blue...very hard on the eyes as the is no contrast

Maybe just barely thicker text.....you still want to be able to bold it....I hope this is a foundation to begin a thinking process
          Last edited by marcus_miller; 02-20-2011, 09:43 AM.

Comment

You're a very interesting person.

In your initial post, you never mentioned what exactly you wanted the stark contrasts to apply to, so we wanted some clarity on that.

Stark contrast in text colors are great for some sites, but not for all.

Your opinion on what you'd like to see is something we're aware a small portion of the community desires. I'd recommend downloading and installing Google Chrome so that you can customize the appearance of the web site to suit your needs.

Comment

Wait, so you think the text in this thread is light blue on lighter blue? It's black on silver.

I may be reading your response wrong...

Comment

Originally posted by Alastor View Post
                You're a very interesting person.

In your initial post, you never mentioned what exactly you wanted the stark contrasts to apply to, so we wanted some clarity on that.

Stark contrast in text colors are great for some sites, but not for all.

Your opinion on what you'd like to see is something we're aware a small portion of the community desires. I'd recommend downloading and installing Google Chrome so that you can customize the appearance of the web site to suit your needs.
                Yup, thanks! I am an unique individual! Just a bit of feed back and suggestions, I will look into goggle chrome. TY, That should help ME alot.

I am interesting, I hope you don't pay me toooo much interest however!
                Last edited by marcus_miller; 02-20-2011, 11:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 12and4 View Post
                  Wait, so you think the text in this thread is light blue on lighter blue? It's black on silver.

I may be reading your response wrong...
                  hahahahahahaah, Your always good to lighten my mood TY, Al Davis Hoooo, I'm not suggesting we tear the site apart and re do it every year on a whim, that would end up destroying something I love! hahaha

Comment

Does a person have to pay for Chrome and or the app that would change the font and background on this site? I live on a very tight budget and this is really the only site that is strenuous on my eyes?

I read about it and looked through the descriptions. I didn't see where it said I could change font or backgrounds. Also I seen the word store and my butt puckered, hahaha, I'm poor.

If it cost money I will just have to deal, I guess. I hope I'm not making life difficult just making a suggestion and had trouble originally communicating, contrast!

Again, was seeing if it would be of interest to look into and not wanting me to be of interest personally at the same time!
                    Last edited by marcus_miller; 02-20-2011, 12:14 PM.

Comment

Good news is I can use the font color tool to make my opinions and view points stand out above 99% of others post.

I never used it before and find it to really adds to my post.

Comment

Chrome is free.

Comment

Originally posted by marcus_miller View Post
                          hahahahahahaah, Your always good to lighten my mood TY, Al Davis Hoooo, I'm not suggesting we tear the site apart and re do it every year on a whim, that would end up destroying something I love! hahaha
                          I was being serious but alright

Comment

Originally posted by 12and4 View Post
                            I was being serious but alright
                            Oh my bad dog! I could see how it looks that way! It might be IDK! Color blindness is a male trait from what I hear. I'm pretty sure its a medium blue that, leans on the darker side of medium blue, as there are so many shades. I'm pretty sure the back ground is light blue but, the shade is on the light silver side of light blue, again as there are so many shades. Maybe it's just pulling hairs.

I don't know man, all I know is that the type is so thin and the contrast so slight that, it strains my eyes and I gotta feeling it strains your eyes as well, but what ever. Man I guess you guys don't like your own feedback board. I sense a defensive attitude maybe it is because there is no context or facial features etc... Just a suggestion in a box!

No other site, I read on the net(so far) is worthy of such a suggestion! so..

Comment

Originally posted by marcus_miller View Post
                              Oh my bad dog! I could see how it looks that way! It might be IDK! Color blindness is a male trait from what I hear. I'm pretty sure its a medium blue that, leans on the darker side of medium blue, as there are so many shades. I'm pretty sure the back ground is light blue but, the shade is on the light silver side of light blue, again as there are so many shades. Maybe it's just pulling hairs.

I don't know man, all I know is that the type is so thin and the contrast so slight that, it strains my eyes and I gotta feeling it strains your eyes as well, but what ever. Man I guess you guys don't like your own feedback board. I sense a defensive attitude maybe it is because there is no context or facial features etc... Just a suggestion in a box!

No other site, I read on the net(so far) is worthy of such a suggestion! so..
                              Not defensive. Just confused.

As 12 said, we see black text on silver/gray background. There is plenty of contrast.

Perhaps you could ask someone to tell you what they see on your monitor.

A female.

Use Chrome, if it helps you.
                              Administrator

#Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month

#LupusAwarenessMonth

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

Working...
                              X