AFC west forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AFC west forum

you guys should combine the raiders, chiefs, and chargers sub forums into one forum in my opinion.

i know i suggested this when you guys first opened the new AFC west forum and one of the mods replied with saying you want to see how it turns out first.

i think it would be a lot better if they are combined because it would make them more active.

i know we have smack that has kind of been the AFC west forum but this one would be good for general AFC west discussions among fans of all the teams in the division without smack.

just a suggestion.
    sigpic

I agree, right now it's just taking up a lot of space that isn't being used much. I think one condensed section would be better.
    :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic
    Adopted Bronco 2015 CJ Anderson

Comment

Yeah it'll be cool to talk to all the "others" without smacking...

Although it'll still be underutilized

Comment

Well, I think it's a lot harder to keep smack free if that's done, personally.

I wouldn't mind trying it.

As it is right now though, a Broncos or Raiders fan would not have a lot of leeway for downtalking the Chiefs in Chiefs Chat in an unreasoned manner, but in a 'AFC WEST free for all', it's kinda everyone's to talk up their team over others... I see it degenerating into smack much quicker.
        Thanks, Reid!
        sigpic
        Click on my sig to read JetRazor's and my story. Or PM me with any questions.

Comment

Originally posted by LordTrychon View Post
          Well, I think it's a lot harder to keep smack free if that's done, personally.

I wouldn't mind trying it.

As it is right now though, a Broncos or Raiders fan would not have a lot of leeway for downtalking the Chiefs in Chiefs Chat in an unreasoned manner, but in a 'AFC WEST free for all', it's kinda everyone's to talk up their team over others... I see it degenerating into smack much quicker.
          i see what you are saying but wouldn't they be considered trolling if they enter a thread topic about the chiefs and started talking smack on the chiefs or their fans?

there shouldn't be too much confusion there if you put a sticky topic explaining the rules.

not only that but from my experience with the current format, i see mostly broncos fans initiating smack (only because there is a lot more broncos fans here, obviously) so i don't think it would make it much worse if it was just one forum honestly.

my only issue is i feel like i am talking to myself whenever i post there lol

sometimes a hot topic pops up and i post but that is rare, at least in the chargers forum.

the raiders one seems to be more active.

i understand if you think it will be too much of a headache on the mods, just thought i would throw the idea out there.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by baphamet View Post
            i see what you are saying but wouldn't they be considered trolling if they enter a thread topic about the chiefs and started talking smack on the chiefs or their fans?

there shouldn't be too much confusion there if you put a sticky topic explaining the rules.

not only that but from my experience with the current format, i see mostly broncos fans initiating smack (only because there is a lot more broncos fans here, obviously) so i don't think it would make it much worse if it was just one forum honestly.

my only issue is i feel like i am talking to myself whenever i post there lol

sometimes a hot topic pops up and i post but that is rare, at least in the chargers forum.

the raiders one seems to be more active.

i understand if you think it will be too much of a headache on the mods, just thought i would throw the idea out there.
            To be honest, the level of activity in those threads is, and should be dictated by the fans of those particular teams. That's what they're there for. I can only speak for myself, but for the most part, other than smack talk related discussions, I don't really have much need to break from talking about the broncos to talk about the other AFCW teams.

If there isn't enough going on in those forums, then start recruiting your fellow Charger buddies to utilize that area more. To my knowledge, the only other Charger guy that regularly uses the rest of the site is Jcdavey. The rest of them are all in the Smack section.

Maybe you can remind the other guys in the smack threads about the separate area so you can have more people participating with you.

I dunno, just a thought.

Ultimately I think the vast majority of people from other teams that come here are looking to talk smack, and aren't really interested in the separate forum.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kishzilla View Post
              To be honest, the level of activity in those threads is, and should be dictated by the fans of those particular teams. That's what they're there for. I can only speak for myself, but for the most part, other than smack talk related discussions, I don't really have much need to break from talking about the broncos to talk about the other AFCW teams.

If there isn't enough going on in those forums, then start recruiting your fellow Charger buddies to utilize that area more. To my knowledge, the only other Charger guy that regularly uses the rest of the site is Jcdavey. The rest of them are all in the Smack section.

Maybe you can remind the other guys in the smack threads about the separate area so you can have more people participating with you.

I dunno, just a thought.

Ultimately I think the vast majority of people from other teams that come here are looking to talk smack, and aren't really interested in the separate forum.
              i just think those forums are pretty dead. i don't need a forum for the chargers, this isn't about just the chargers forum.

i just think merging them would make them more active, if not they are kind of worthless to be honest, at least in the off season.

but again, that is just my opinion and a suggestion.

you are right about most chargers fans coming here to smack only, though. that is what brought me here in the first place, until i realized what a great overall message board this is.
              sigpic

Comment

Since it looks like its been a few months since this question was asked,

Why are the AFC west forums still here?

Looking at the main page, they are the only forums on this site that nobody is currently viewing, lol there's even 2 people viewing 2007 draft and free agency.

They should at least be merged into 1 forum, if not deleted all together. With changes being made to the message board, it would be an ideal time to it.

Comment

Working...
                X