Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How does one get one of those nifty badges...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How does one get one of those nifty badges...

I've noticed it around today... It's pretty sweet, it says "Staff" on it... I'd like one of them!
    :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic
    Adopted Bronco 2015 CJ Anderson

Send your bribe to:lordtrychon.pmbox
    Thanks, Reid!
    sigpic
    Click on my sig to read JetRazor's and my story. Or PM me with any questions.

Comment

Originally posted by LordTrychon View Post
      Send your bribe to:lordtrychon.pmbox
      or blackmail.

Comment

We just added them about an hour ago.

Remember in the other thread we had in feedback we said that damned near everything of consequence is done by consensus?

We've been debating which graphic to go with for a few months now, had three threads on it in the staff area, then had a poll, then had to fix the poll because someone edited it to make a Star Wars joke, then we had to fix the fix because someone misplaced someone's vote, then I just said "Screw it, they're going to wind up with Hello Kitty on there if I don't do something soon." so this is what we got.

We're glad you like the new graphics. We thought it might help everyone find a mod when they need one, and know who is part of the staff and isn't (like Gray and Chris who do the blogs and videos - and they do an amazing job by the way).

Seriously, we all know Chris' video work, and he does awesome. I really gotta encourage you guys to read Gray's stuff though. He's a very good writer in my opinion and he sticks to the facts. If you haven't checked out his blogs and articles, do so. You're missing out.

I'm rambling again...

We wanted you guys to be able to pick out who was the "real deal" and who wasn't, so here's something to identify the staff with.

Also, when testing things some of the Akavit guys have put up test threads, which once upon a time a bunch of users thought was spam and they all kind of... attacked him. That's very unfortunate. He's a good guy and does a great job for us. People just misunderstood what he was up to.

Oh, and stop negging Crashtest. You're wasting your points. I suppose I should put a tag on him too.

Anyway, because of some of the ambiguous members of the staff, we thought we might try to minimize the confusion by putting staff graphics on staff accounts.

Let us know what you guys think and whether or not it's a good idea. If you think it sucks, let us know. If you think it's great, tell us that too.

Also, include a "why" in your yea or nae.
        Last edited by Alastor; 01-28-2012, 10:22 PM. Reason: Nothing there but trouble.

Comment

I dig it... Like I said though, I want one that says "Staff" on it

sigpic

Comment

I was just informing one of the mods that all other people should have a badge that says... TURD
            sigpic
            2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

Comment

I think the staff tags are a great idea. Helps identify whos who and probably will keep people on their toes a little more if they know a mod is posting in a thread that sort of thing.

In addition if someone is testing something out and posting a thread it would probably get more creative and thought through replies if they know its going directly to staff.

Comment

Originally posted by Remedy View Post
                In addition if someone is testing something out and posting a thread it would probably get more creative and thought through replies if they know its going directly to staff.
                Depends on which "staff" it goes to.

I wouldn't bank on Crashtest being a very fruitful source of discourse.

Comment

The only thing is... When they take a little longer to load... My first thought when seeing LT had responded was "When did he stop being a mod???"

sigpic

Comment

An excellent idea! They do this on the card forum I post on. It makes it easy to know who to ask questions of, or who to avoid.

They also have a tag for ex-staff.

Seriously, it is a good idea. It makes it clear right off who is staff, and who is not. When asking a question, and you want an answer from someone on the staff, you'll know if your really getting it, or just an opinion.

Not that some non staff people are not very knowledgeable, but still, when you want the real deal, or at least current information, you know your getting it.

Comment

I think it would look better on top of the names instead of at the bottom.

And I'd like one for me that says, "Very Sexy"

Comment

I don't like it. It makes your avatar appear smaller than it really is. If you trim it, it'll make the avatar pop out more.

O.O

(it looks nice)

Comment

Originally posted by xX-Bronco-Xx View Post
                          I think it would look better on top of the names instead of at the bottom.

And I'd like one for me that says, "Very Sexy"
                          Or... ON TOP OF THE NAMES!

(edit for clarity)

SUPERIMPOSED!
                          Last edited by 12and4; 01-28-2012, 10:48 PM.

Comment

The image is 170 by 30. We don't want it skewed. I'm not sure how we'd go about getting a proportionate size reduction in there.

I think it looks fantastic, but I agree it could be a little smaller. Oh! But bear in mind that I use a smaller avatar than most of the staff. Just because. I dislike change so I never enlarged it.

I can move the graphics above the usernames as you guys suggest, and that might be a good idea. We're doing some other stuff with the boards right now though and I don't want to screw around with the templates just now.

For now, they gotta stay put. When we get some other stuff taken care of and we know we're good to go we might move them. I agree they'd look better on top of our names instead of below. If anyone disagrees let us know now though because once we change it we're going to leave it.

Comment

Oh, and let me just say, yeah... That's a pretty sweet little graphic. The guy who did it did a Hell of a job, and we appreciate it.

Comment

Working...
                              X