Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

German Malware in General Discussions...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• German Malware in General Discussions...

Guys everytime I login to the GD forum it tries to run a malware app that takes control of my PC this happens on every computer I use so its not something t, and it will not go away until you pay. It has now taken over my work laptop and I cannot get it to go away!

This is VERY VERY concerning

I really doubt you got it here. I visit this site on a laptop, tablet, and phone, and there is no malware.

I'd venture to say you visit some other sites regularly that are not as secure, what other sites do you visit on all of your computers? Do you check email on all of them?
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoFanNC View Post
      I really doubt you got it here. I visit this site on a laptop, tablet, and phone, and there is no malware.

I'd venture to say you visit some other sites regularly that are not as secure, what other sites do you visit on all of your computers? Do you check email on all of them?
      Well considering the fact that when I refreshed the BCMC GD it asked me if I wanted to run a plug in when that is the only browser window I have open I have to disagree that its another site. Also considering my work PC only browses work sites and this site and my home PC doesn't browse any of my internal work sites its a fair assumption that since the only common site is this one that it came from here...

Comment

It's not just him, Avast is throwing alerts on my machine too.

Comment

I was asked to run Java Script a few times so maybe that is it.

I just declined though.
          sigpic

Comment

I'm looking into it.

I need to know exactly which forums and pages you guys think it's happening on.

Comment

I think it's randomly popping up in Broncos Football, but it doesn't seem to be consistent.
              sigpic

Comment

I've just opened GD over 600 times and got no issues.

Tell me what browsers you're using, and if you get it to pop up again, tell me which ads are present on the page when you do.

Comment

Have some of you been looking at some German nudey sites?

Comment

its happening when I use Google Chrome or Firefox not sure about IE as I don't use that POC

Comment

I was asked to run Java Script a few times so maybe that is it.

I just declined though.
                      But I thought that there wasn't any way it came from here?:thumb:

Comment

I got asked to update my javascript in chrome earlier but ... No german malare...

Comment

Originally posted by Remedy View Post
                          I got asked to update my javascript in chrome earlier but ... No german malare...
                          Yes but if you hit the "run this time" since I normally trust this site you would be hit with it I am fairly certain

Comment

I've sent in a notice to our support team. I sent it in at the time I made my last post.

Comment

When you click the update it just brings you to www.java.com/download so not sure about malware on this one.

Comment

Working...
                              X