No announcement yet.

Thead Options not available

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Youtube and Strikethrough buttons have been missing for about two weeks, guys.

If you've been able to see the images since then, it's because your computers had them cached. Eventually, the cache expires or gets cleaned out and your computer (browser specifically) has to reload the images. Since those images have been gone for about two weeks, there's nothing to reload.

As for the ads and such, that's beyond my control. All of that is server-side stuff which we outsource.

I could go in and make modifications that secured it, but that's really not in the realm of authority I have. The ads are what pays for the site we all use, and we have someone else that takes care of all that stuff for us. We have a good relationship with our web partners, and it's really not my realm to be in there tinkering with things while they also try to isolate and fix the issue.

We just kind of have to wait it out. They're a good team and they're working on it. Just hang in there with us, please.

I know it's hard to be patient. I also can fully acknowledge that this is taking a while longer to resolve than any of us hoped, especially when it comes to malware and the like. A broken button is one thing, malware is another.

Still, not everything is as easy to address as it first seems, and we can't exactly just run in and shut down the ads unless you guys want to start paying for the site's resources.

Hang in there with us. We know it's not okay. We're doing everything we can as fast as we can. You've been very patient so far, and we know this is a very frustrating circumstance.

Hang in there with us just a little while longer if you can.

Comment

eh yeah makes sense about the buttons... I just noticed it tonight, so I thought I should maybe mention it as other had similar problems.

and I dont think you have to worry about people hanging in there... for those posting on the off season I don't think you are getting rid of anyone..

Though... we might... riot.... especially the candians.. we have been know to do that... like after hockey games ... and well actually just after hockey games. guess we're safe...

Comment

Originally posted by Remedy View Post
        eh yeah makes sense about the buttons... I just noticed it tonight, so I thought I should maybe mention it as other had similar problems.

and I dont think you have to worry about people hanging in there... for those posting on the off season I don't think you are getting rid of anyone..

Though... we might... riot.... especially the candians.. we have been know to do that... like after hockey games ... and well actually just after hockey games. guess we're safe...
        I dunno. I used to visit a site all the time. It had a community similar to this one although it was on a different topic. They ran ads to support their site as well. I caught a virus there once which resulted in my entire hard drive crashing out. I had to completely reformat and it was an older system with no backups.

I was pretty furious, especially when they failed to take responsibility for the ad. I was out a few hundred bucks for the work to try to restore my hard drive, which ultimately failed. I also then had to upgrade my system and get a new one ($1800), and missed several weeks of action while my system was being built.

I was pretty furious.

I took down all of my links to that site, I stopped going there and contributing there, and I've been on a bit of a smear campaign ever since. Even though it wasn't directly their fault, they failed to acknowledge the issue and take responsibility for their part in it.

I'm trying to make sure we handle this better than that other community handled the issue that involved myself and several other long-term supporters of their site.

This kind of stuff - irresponsible advertising - can make some people pretty mad, and rightly so.

I've really done my best to acknowledge that we very much regret the circumstance, especially if it turns out that it was indeed coming through the ads. I'm also pointing out that we don't pick the ads. That's something we have contracted through another company.

The situation is very regrettable, but it is also no doubt far more frustrating to the few users who have been negatively affected by it than it is to most others.

I don't want to say that what happened is okay, because it's not okay. It's not something we can control, but it's certainly something we can understand users being angry about and assigning that blame to this community for too; that's human nature. They can't see the ad company and can't find the ad company, but they see us and can find us.

Anyone that's upset is justifiably upset. It's an unfortunate circumstance, and we sympathize with those frustrations. We're doing our best to get it resolved and see what the actual core problem was though. Hopefully we'll have more answers soon.

Comment

Hey Al,

It is funny my buttons looked fine until tonight. What was weird is that to use any of my forum tools I have to open them in a new window. It was good the last couple of night but all Helter Skelter tonight.

As you said, bugs that gotta et worked out. Other than that I am getting used to the new layout and liking it.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alastor View Post
            For the record, I've sent it up to the people I'm supposed to.

It is not related to any of the work we've been doing to re-organize the forums. That much I'm sure about.
            You should just put that statement in your sig and state that it most always applies lol. You've had to use it a lot this week.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
              You should just put that statement in your sig and state that it most always applies lol. You've had to use it a lot this week.
              http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...2&postcount=23

Comment

Working...
              X