Guidelines for posting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guidelines for posting

I'd like to suggest that we create a stickied thread that says something like *Read before starting a new post* and have that post have detailed guidelines of what goes where (kind of like what Jet already has done with the welcome to GD thread http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?t=58661)

But I think it should go into a lot more depth outlining what content goes where so that people (if they actually take the time to read it) fully understand what content goes into what portions of board.

Maybe even have it spell out how to search the board (using the search funtion) to see if a post has already been posted in the appropriate forums.

Additionally a similar sticky in the Newswire section advising when posting a link to a Broncos news article to put the name of the article as the subject that way if someone is wanting to search to see if an article they just read is already posted all they have to do is search for that title.

I realize that this won't really fix the issue of people putting stuff in the wrong area ect. but it'd be a good guide to say "hey you posted this here it belongs here, if you have any questions about what to do next see this post ect..."
    sigpic

I LIKE, a locked stickied thread at the top of the new sections explaining what goes there and how. It sure would eliminate the oops I didn't know stuff.
    sigpic

Comment

Oh, I love show and tell!

That's my fish!

and this is my moose EM, BE JEALOUS!

2013 Adopt-a-Bronco: Demaryius Thomas

sigpic

Comment

Frey,

I've been here for almost 4 years, and honestly, I haven't even bothered to read any of the sticky threads.

I like your idea, but I think it's wasted effort because the overwhelming majority of posters will not read it.

sigpic

FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor

:cool:

Comment

with that hole in the end are you sure you didn't mix up your fish with something else?

That's not a Moose...this is a Moose:

Last edited by EddieMac; 02-16-2012, 11:13 AM.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EddieMac View Post
            with that hole in the end are you sure you didn't mix up your fish with something else?

That's not a Moose...this is a Moose:

Show off
            2013 Adopt-a-Bronco: Demaryius Thomas

sigpic

Comment

That looks like the moose they have stuffed and mounted at the bass pro shop in cross irons near calgary.

Comment

not the biggest moose ever ? like the one that was shot in Russia?
                :logo:Canadian Denver Bronco Fan #7:logo:

Adopted Broncos:
                -:Mr. Decker:-

Comment

Originally posted by getlynched47 View Post
                  Frey,

I've been here for almost 4 years, and honestly, I haven't even bothered to read any of the sticky threads.

I like your idea, but I think it's wasted effort because the overwhelming majority of posters will not read it.
                  Could do what I've seen done on other boards, when a new user signs up before they can start posting they have to read the guidelines and agree to them then they have access. I get what you are saying some people the first time they see that are going to go "ya whatever" scroll down click accept and that's that but it there would be some people who would pay attention to it.

I dunno just a thought. It'd be something to hopefully help the mods because since the newswire was created I've seen the same article created/moved to newswire, created/merged with existing newswire post created/ect... People need to fully understand that if you are posting a news article or news about something that happened in GD it'll be moved, check to see if it already exists in newswire and if so add your thoughts to the existing discussion.

I get that nothings going to really fix the problem because people are going to do whatever the hell they want to heck with the rules but maybe if it helps a few people understand what needs to go where it'll be just that much less work in the longrun.
                  Last edited by Freyaka; 02-16-2012, 12:40 PM.
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X