Notification system?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Notification system?

So I've going on a different forum to do research for the draft game, the forum uses tapatalk, and they have a notification system for when somebody quotes your post, likes your post, etc. I know you (the mods) are updating stuff and changing the layout... So any chances we could get a notification system?
    Denver Broncos GM
    Originally posted by Mosk
    Joey Bosa ~ Jason Spriggs ~ Darian Thompson ~ Nick Vannett ~ Paul Perkins ~ Dan Vitale

I thought about this a couple of months ago when I was on facebook. I think it'll be a cool feature to have. It'll definate help out if you post in alot of threads. Me personally, I remember that I need to respond in a thread, but I tend to forget which one. lol
    sigpic

Comment

Yeah I spend a lot of time in the draft forum then I will venture into broncos football and make a post and forget about. About a week later I remember and I have like 3 people quoting me. It would be a lot nicer.
      Denver Broncos GM
      Originally posted by Mosk
      Joey Bosa ~ Jason Spriggs ~ Darian Thompson ~ Nick Vannett ~ Paul Perkins ~ Dan Vitale

Comment

We'd have to take a look at it after more of the work we're hopeful of this offseason is done.

It's not something I'd personally recommend implementing under current conditions with the site, but we'll have to look again once what we have on the plate this season is done.

Comment

I think if done like facebook it could be cool

Comment

Originally posted by Bernie24 View Post
            I think if done like facebook it could be cool
            Server resources are an issue, unless you want to start paying membership fees.

Mr. Bowlen is a generous man already paying far more money than anyone here would guess to keep this site open and free every month, not to mention the millions of dollars he contributes to just about every school, hospital, park and monument in Denver every year, but I'm rambling.

He's a generous man, but even the Easter Bunny eventually runs out of eggs.

This web site already costs a Hell of a lot more than I bet most of us would guess each month, and that kind of system would require a lot of resources and tools that could push costs even higher.

Again, it's something we could look at when the time comes, but I'd feel very irresponsible if I didn't put it out there that a system of that nature is highly unlikely.

Comment

Please don't make this forum look like facebook. Please.
              sigpic
              - ★ -
              2012 Adopt a Bronco : Joe Mays

Comment

Originally posted by Alastor View Post

Mr. Bowlen is a generous man already paying far more money than anyone here would guess to keep this site open and free every month, not to mention the millions of dollars he contributes to just about every school, hospital, park and monument in Denver every year, but I'm rambling.

This web site already costs a Hell of a lot more than I bet most of us would guess each month, and that kind of system would require a lot of resources and tools that could push costs even higher.

Again, it's something we could look at when the time comes, but I'd feel very irresponsible if I didn't put it out there that a system of that nature is highly unlikely.
                Thanks for the info,good post :thumb:

Originally posted by sSync View Post
                I second that

Comment

Thanx, Al :thumb: I never thought about that.
                  sigpic

Comment

Im going to play Price Is Right rules and guess $52

Comment

Originally posted by sSync View Post
                      Like :thumb:
                      sigpic

Adopted Posters:
                      Broncbeat - 80stheman - kmcgough25 - InsaneBlaze 23
                      Adopted By:
                      Broncoholic JS & 80stheman
                      Broncbeat

Comment

I would like notifications for cp's but that's it... oh and pm's but we already have that
                        :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic
                        Adopted Bronco 2015 CJ Anderson

Comment

Originally posted by Frenchy180 View Post
                          I would like notifications for cp's but that's it... oh and pm's but we already have that
                          There are notifications for CP's.....oh, wait.....you never got one?

ooops
                          sigpic

Comment

the slickdeals.net system is a better system to mold after. It's also a vbulletin.

They have a notification system that pops up a little blip on the bottom right saying "you have been quoted by CINNAMANMAN.. CLICK HERE"

Comment

Originally posted by THEdraftnik View Post
                              Yeah I spend a lot of time in the draft forum then I will venture into broncos football and make a post and forget about. About a week later I remember and I have like 3 people quoting me. It would be a lot nicer.
                              People will probably think I'm weird, but I have my control panel settings set up to subscribe to every thread I post in. If there are new posts in it, it shows up in the control panel. I'm not notified unless I go to the control panel but at least I know when there are new posts in those threads. If I don't want it to come up anymore I just hit unsubscribe. Meh, works for me.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X