Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sorry! The administrator has disabled the list of members.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Peanut View Post

I asked in the Sloooow thread and got no replies. I'll ask here:

Has any one experienced any slowness since the Member's List has been turned off?
    Note to self: Ask questions in the proper thread = responses.

Originally posted by BroncoManiac_69 View Post
    I haven't had any problems either. Just keep the top 10 pages and delete the rest.
    You should only be concerned with the first page, right?
    Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month

Lupus Awareness Month

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

Getting some serious slowness this morning.
      sigpic

Comment

Are you still online and getting slowness, Frey?

Comment

Originally posted by LordTrychon View Post
          Are you still online and getting slowness, Frey?
          Still a little slow, was slow on mobile earlier. I only get on via a pc on my lunch and breaks. Not nearly as sluggish now as it was this morning when I was on before I left for work.

Hard to judge the slowness now though because that could always just be my work connection with the firewall and all.
          sigpic

Comment

It hasn't been slow for me since you guys disabled the list.
            sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
              Still a little slow, was slow on mobile earlier. I only get on via a pc on my lunch and breaks. Not nearly as sluggish now as it was this morning when I was on before I left for work.

Hard to judge the slowness now though because that could always just be my work connection with the firewall and all.
              Yeah, that's why I was asking, but too much time had gone on between when you said it and when I asked anyway.

Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
              It hasn't been slow for me since you guys disabled the list.
              Good to know. Thank you.

Comment

So does this mean the list is going to be disabled permanently?

Not an acceptable option IMO.

I've always wondered what the hell is up with this.
                :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

Not sure what the solution will be at this time... but figuring out the problem is the first step in fixing it.

Comment

Originally posted by Remedy View Post
                    Not sure what the solution will be at this time... but figuring out the problem is the first step in fixing it.
                    Time for step two?

sigpic

Comment

No worries, I'm pretty sure that won't be the solution. Perhaps something like "only benchwarmers can view the members list" or something along those lines. Or maybe not. Regardless, like Rem said, figuring out the cause of the problem was the first step. This isn't the solution, but in the mean time, at least things are moving again.
                      Administrator

sigpic

Comment

If it stops the slowdown, Member List be damned. I've looked at that thing maybe twice in 8 years.

Comment

Originally posted by RunYouOver View Post
                          No worries, I'm pretty sure that won't be the solution. Perhaps something like "only benchwarmers can view the members list" or something along those lines. Or maybe not. Regardless, like Rem said, figuring out the cause of the problem was the first step. This isn't the solution, but in the mean time, at least things are moving again.
                          Since the "member list " seems to be causing this, put the members not posting into a different category. Move them all into limbo land of some sort

Those of us active (within a 2 year period maybe) stay on the main domain.

If a user activates or shows up from time to time then they get bumped into the active list.

Users that NEVER post should be tossed into a lower level and dealt with accordingly.

sigpic

Comment

Users that NEVER post should be tossed into a lower level and dealt with accordingly.
                            I vote iron maiden.

Comment

Originally posted by theMileHighGuy View Post
                              I vote iron maiden.

Iron Maiden???

EXCELLENT!!!
                              sigpic

Adopted Posters:
                              Broncbeat - 80stheman - kmcgough25 - InsaneBlaze 23
                              Adopted By:
                              Broncoholic JS & 80stheman
                              Broncbeat

Comment

Originally posted by RunYouOver View Post
                                I think that's what we're looking at. Only actual registered members being able to view the list.

Since the "member list " seems to be causing this, put the members not posting into a different category. Move them all into limbo land of some sort

Those of us active (within a 2 year period maybe) stay on the main domain.

If a user activates or shows up from time to time then they get bumped into the active list.

It's not the list itself that seems to be causing the problem. We think it's from bots crawling the user list. I'm almost positive that it's spam bots doing the damage.

I do like your idea, though. I'm not sure it's possible. I'm not techy enough to know.
                                Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month

Lupus Awareness Month

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

Working...
                                X