Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sorry! The administrator has disabled the list of members.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RunYouOver
    replied
    Alright we have the new forum set up as a subforum to feedback, an announcement on the top of the forum, and your updated lists as of last night.

Hope this works for you guys.

Edit: And with that, we're going to close this thread for now. If you have any further questions please contact one of us via PM or through the community issues forum.
    Last edited by RunYouOver; 08-23-2013, 12:29 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Peanut
    replied
    Originally posted by RunYouOver View Post
    I think we'll put them in a sub-forum, good suggestion!
    Great job, RYO!

Leave a comment:

• RunYouOver
    replied
    Originally posted by JakeNbake View Post
    Goodwork Peanut all the other mods should bow in your greatness especially Fargo and remedy they are smelly. But EddieMac and RYO and the others are awesome LT JET everyone BroncBeat. Everythiing... But Remedy and Fargo are smelly.
    I think we'll put them in a sub-forum, good suggestion!

Leave a comment:

• JakeNbake
    replied
    Goodwork Peanut all the other mods should bow in your greatness especially Fargo and remedy they are smelly. But EddieMac and RYO and the others are awesome LT JET everyone BroncBeat. Everythiing... But Remedy and Fargo are smelly. Also Frenchy is not stinky!
    Last edited by JakeNbake; 08-21-2013, 12:15 PM.

Leave a comment:

• BroncosDivision
    replied
    Maybe slap a sticky on them and/or create a sub forum under Feedback?

Great job

Leave a comment:

• Peanut
    replied
    Originally posted by samparnell View Post
    And then, there are the fembots.

This was truly a team effort. I hope you all are happy with it. If not, don't send me the complaints.

Leave a comment:

• samparnell
    replied
    And then, there are the fembots.

Leave a comment:

• Peanut
    replied
    Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
    If it really is spambots I think the best solution would be to make features like member list, search and even viewing other area's of the forum unavailable without registering and then setup strict captcha plugins to prevent bot programs from being easily able to register (I don't know if we have captcha now, if we don't we honest to god should.)
    We asked about members only access to the Members List and was told that it's not feasible for something like this. We do have captcha installed.

Originally posted by BroncosDivision View Post
    Most bot scripts can and will bypass captcha though.

Some by bruteforce, others by hiring cheap human labor (typers) to manually register on targeted websites. I've also seen spammers setup bogus websites with iframes to lure people into solving captchas for them, sending the information back to the bot script.

It does filter some but not all so yeah, better than nothing, I guess
    Spam bots are one of my pet peeves. A couple of years ago, after a bot attack, they installed a program that blocks thousands (literally, thousands) of bots a day.

The thing with the Members List. They're not trying to register. They're just sitting there, looking/searching. Just the volume of bots trolling the list is enough to slow the boards down.

As EM said, we're trying. One idea was to manually list the levels and update them periodically. Until someone pointed out to me that the only list we have access to is listed alphabetically, not by CP achievement.

Please know that we are not ignoring your request. We just don't know what else to do.

Leave a comment:

• BroncosDivision
    replied
    Most bot scripts can and will bypass captcha though.

Some by bruteforce, others by hiring cheap human labor (typers) to manually register on targeted websites. I've also seen spammers setup bogus websites with iframes to lure people into solving captchas for them, sending the information back to the bot script.

It does filter some but not all so yeah, better than nothing, I guess

Leave a comment:

• Freyaka
    replied
    Originally posted by Peanut View Post
    I think that's what we're looking at. Only actual registered members being able to view the list.

It's not the list itself that seems to be causing the problem. We think it's from bots crawling the user list. I'm almost positive that it's spam bots doing the damage.

I do like your idea, though. I'm not sure it's possible. I'm not techy enough to know.
    If it really is spambots I think the best solution would be to make features like member list, search and even viewing other area's of the forum unavailable without registering and then setup strict captcha plugins to prevent bot programs from being easily able to register (I don't know if we have captcha now, if we don't we honest to god should.)

Leave a comment:

• Freyaka
    replied
    What does the board run off? I'm assuming PhpBB?

Leave a comment:

• EddieMac
    replied
    We are trying some things. It's just trying find what will work, if any. Keep the ideas rolling in.

Leave a comment:

• Freyaka
    replied
    Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
    (like waiting for Tony to get back lol!)

Just kidding, but it would be nice if there was some other way of having at least an abbreviated list of some sort.

I'm sure your all working hard to come up with something that may work so thanks for the effort to all you mods.
    So you are saying we have to wait a whole season?

(sorry....too soon....)

Leave a comment:

• BroncosFanInPA
    replied
    Originally posted by Peanut View Post
    UPDATE: It has been determined that the Members List seems to have been the issue with the slow down, so they do not recommend reinstating it.

We are looking at another possible solution, so please have patience.
    (like waiting for Tony to get back lol!)

Just kidding, but it would be nice if there was some other way of having at least an abbreviated list of some sort.

I'm sure your all working hard to come up with something that may work so thanks for the effort to all you mods.

Leave a comment:

• Peanut
    replied
    UPDATE: It has been determined that the Members List seems to have been the issue with the slow down, so they do not recommend reinstating it.

We are looking at another possible solution, so please have patience.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X