Mobile Site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Garfield View Post
    thanks kind of ass backwards way to get to new stuff but it does indeed work..cp to you..

I still want to know WHY if you are on a mobile device this is the only option..

not way to get around it on an apple product safari or iOS....

IF I want to burn my mobile GIGs using the site with all of its graphics that should be MY decision..

Let me look and see if there is a way you can disable the sigs and images on mobile. I might not get back right away but it's possible that there is a way.

If not I'm sorry but I'll try to figure it out for you.
    sigpic
    2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

Comment

Okay well I don't know what kind of phone you have (maybe you have already stated this but I'm not sure)...

Anyway at least on my phone when you're in the web browser there is a button up top that says menu. If you scroll all the way down there is an option called settings. Then in the settings there is an option called "bandwidth allocation" in there my phone has an option that says "load images" which basically means that your phone will load all of the pictures "sigs avatars banners and such" if you deselect it it should save you a ton of data when browsing the forums. Of course you won't beable to see any images on any website at this point but you can always turn it back on by doing the same thing.

I'm lucky in that I get unlimited bandwidth but I know it can suck trying to conserve data.

hopefully this is helpful. And if your phone isn't the exact same there should at least be a way to get into your browser settings and limit what is loaded on your phone.
      sigpic
      2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

Comment

Originally posted by JakeNbake View Post
        Okay well I don't know what kind of phone you have (maybe you have already stated this but I'm not sure)...

Anyway at least on my phone when you're in the web browser there is a button up top that says menu. If you scroll all the way down there is an option called settings. Then in the settings there is an option called "bandwidth allocation" in there my phone has an option that says "load images" which basically means that your phone will load all of the pictures "sigs avatars banners and such" if you deselect it it should save you a ton of data when browsing the forums. Of course you won't be able to see any images on any website at this point but you can always turn it back on by doing the same thing.

I'm lucky in that I get unlimited bandwidth but I know it can suck trying to conserve data.

hopefully this is helpful. And if your phone isn't the exact same there should at least be a way to get into your browser settings and limit what is loaded on your phone.
        it is an iPhone 4

I do not need that as I do not even in the non mobile setting that I am in now show any of that stuff.. it is all fluff I come here for bronco news and not pictures of someones dog cat or avatar.. So that is all turned off..

AGAIN I think they should allow anyone that wants to spend bandwidth the ability to do so..

Comment

Let me look and see if there is a way you can disable the sigs and images on mobile. I might not get back right away but it's possible that there is a way.

If not I'm sorry but I'll try to figure it out for you.
          I have it built into the profile. So no worries for me.

Comment

There is a What's New? button on the mobile site because I use it everyday.
            Thanks Jake, I found it.
            sigpic
            Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

Working...
            X