thought about combining threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thought about combining threads

I feel right now it is difficult to discuss the many different aspects of the Von Miller suspension because all threads related to this in any way are combined into a 700 post thread

At the same time there are ten threads on page one no one has posted on since yesterday (one at 10 pm and another at 5 pm) and two more threads with no responses since two days ago on page 1.

It would seem on some very complex issues maybe it would be ok to allow people to discuss diffent aspects of the subject on different threads...especially before the regular season and all the super posting starts

Just a thought
    Let's Ride!

Originally posted by Hadez View Post
    I feel right now it is difficult to discuss the many different aspects of the Von Miller suspension because all threads related to this in any way are combined into a 700 post thread

At the same time there are ten threads on page one no one has posted on since yesterday (one at 10 pm and another at 5 pm) and two more threads with no responses since two days ago on page 1.

It would seem on some very complex issues maybe it would be ok to allow people to discuss diffent aspects of the subject on different threads...especially before the regular season and all the super posting starts

Just a thought
    Thank you for your feedback.

The threads that have been merged have not been that different from each other. The conversations end up in the same place. We get complaints about all the Miller threads. We use our own discretion on if they should be merged or not.

The ten threads you mentioned (unless I missed something) are different from each other. We do not merge threads because of a lack of response.
    Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month

Lupus Awareness Month

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

We don't decide to merge threads lighly as a huge thread can be harder to manage that a few smaller ones. In the case of Vom Miller the same responses in several places. The topics were becoming the same as the discussions were crossing over.

Unfortunately you can't please everyone all the time. We have had, as Peanut said, several complaints about the number of Miller threads. We mrege them and we hear about it from other people.

Thanks for the feedback and your thoughts on the issue. It is good to hear this stuff.
      sigpic

Comment

I really hate the mega threads, its so hard to find any relevant info in them, I don't want to read through 700 pages to find the newest info. I used to be able to click on this site and within seconds find the newest Broncos news and then read peoples thoughts on it.

The way things are now... lets say I want to find the latest on Von Miller, I now have to click on two different sections to find the mega thread, then try to sort through the 50 plus pages of bickering to find any news.

Because of the mega threads, and the two different forums, the "main" Broncos Fourm, which "should" be the place to discuss anything Broncos related, feels so much deader than it used to, and now sits there flooded with pointless threads that hardly anybody posts in. Example, nobody cares what Bronco player a poster just met. Before, threads like that would be off the front page in no time, now they sit there for days.

I guess I'll end my rant now.

Comment

Working...
        X