Press Conferences

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Press Conferences

It sure would be much more interesting to click on the Press Conferences and be able to hear the questions or comments by the press. As it is now we only hear the answers or comments by the person giving the press conference.

Just my 2 cents
    Captain Kirk

Originally posted by Captain Kirk View Post
    It sure would be much more interesting to click on the Press Conferences and be able to hear the questions or comments by the press. As it is now we only hear the answers or comments by the person giving the press conference.

Just my 2 cents
    Absolutely and with Tv coverage as it is these days with a thousand cameras covering a million angles,guys can we just get a microphone to listen to the guy that those million cameras are currently pointed towards.Imagine if u were from India or china or some other culture and u turned on the tv and that was your first nfl experience.You would think the Yanks were crazy.hehe.

Comment

I found the following in an old post in Feedback. It's from 2010, but I think Kyle's answer is still relevant. This thread will be moved to Feedback.

Please know that we (site staff) have no control over db.com. Thank you for understanding.

Originally posted by Kyle Sonneman View Post
      Thought I'd add some insight here as this is a commonly asked question and something we are always trying to improve.

What owninit said is mostly correct. The organization cannot make reporters speak into a microphone to ask questions. The purpose of the press conferences is not so the whole thing can be shown. It gives the press an opportunity to speak to a player or coach in an organized manner so they can take their sound bites and turn them into a story. When you watch the news at night or read a story, you never hear the question just a lead in and the answer.

We wanted to bring the whole thing to you so that you all can decipher what a player or coach meant. If it is a press conference setting, we do increase the volume of the questions so that you can hear them. Not all of them will be able to be picked up, mostly because of what owninit said. We do provide the transcripts for the press conferences but not the interview sessions off the field.

I think we have made big strides for press conferences and we will continue to improve, but unfortunately we are limited in some of the things that we can do with them.

Keep the feedback coming
      Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month

Lupus Awareness Month

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

This has been an ongoing problem for years. Since the old stadium even.

Actually, I think it's worse now than it was back then.

Talked to several people over the years about this very thing, and never gotten anywhere. I have even suggested not airing the conferences because they are so confusing.

I have pouted out that in the briefing room at the White House, they have no problem with this. We've been able to understand reporter questions in there for decades now, and I know the team can afford a few microphones, lol.

Yet still the problem remains….

The situation is ideal, apparently, for reporters and those answering questions, and that's it. The rest of us just have to suffer.

Comment

Press Conferences are just that, they are intended for the press and not the fans. Every member of the press wants to be the first to break a story. Every story is almost always spun to fit the writers own point of view. If all the questions were always herd, the press would never be able to break a story, let alone spin it to fit there own point of view. Fans are usually left with several stories and generally have to take several just to try and get at the truth.

Most stories by the press are intended for entertainment. They also have to deal with ratings as everyone of the press is trying to sell you a story.
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X