Start the gears turning on P&R area of forums maybe opening

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Start the gears turning on P&R area of forums maybe opening

Maybe mods can start a discussion about opening the P&R area?

I know only mods know if it is a good idea to even discuss at this point.

Looks like our season is 5 weeks away from being over. My perception could be totally wrong but it seems the boards are not as busy as they have been in past seasons. Tho even if less people are posting the "quality" of posting can still mean same...load...for the mods.

If it can happen that is cool. If it can not happen that is cool.

Thanks for considering it either way.
    Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Hadez, just wanted to let you know that we have seen your request and that we will discuss it. Thanks.
    Administrator
    sigpic

#LupusAwareness

#TackleCancer - Adopted Bronco: Phillip Lindsay

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

Originally posted by Peanut View Post
      Hadez, just wanted to let you know that we have seen your request and that we will discuss it. Thanks.
      Cool. Let me know if you need my help. I am here for you.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rancid View Post
        Cool. Let me know if you need my help. I am here for you.
        That’s what I appreciates about you rancid!
        sigpic

Comment

Between these boards and another board I post on, I've seen more people get themselves in trouble and get banned over P&R because they can't control their derision when politics are involved even though they are generally saints in football discussions.

I know it's not always that way, but somethings in my opinion are really better off NOT on a football forum. I fully realize it is optional to participate, but rivalries created in P&R always have a way of bleeding over into everything else before the mods ultimately have to deal with them.

I don't generally post in P&R and don't really have a dog in that race, but that's my two cents. Take it for what it is worth.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
            Between these boards and another board I post on, I've seen more people get themselves in trouble and get banned over P&R because they can't control their derision when politics are involved even though they are generally saints in football discussions.

I know it's not always that way, but somethings in my opinion are really better off NOT on a football forum. I fully realize it is optional to participate, but rivalries created in P&R always have a way of bleeding over into everything else before the mods ultimately have to deal with them.

I don't generally post in P&R and don't really have a dog in that race, but that's my two cents. Take it for what it is worth.
            I agree with you. Other than two topics, I have hardly ever posted there.....and one of the topics was Climate Change, which I find very interesting from a purely scientific perspective, given I am investing some time/energy into volunteering in that area of study.

So yes, I think you are right that a football board does well to specialize in the field of football, and not stray a little into too many other places. Plus the emotions run too high at times, to the point where people are in sharp divide over what is being discussed.

:2cents:

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
              I agree with you. Other than two topics, I have hardly ever posted there.....and one of the topics was Climate Change, which I find very interesting from a purely scientific perspective, given I am investing some time/energy into volunteering in that area of study.

So yes, I think you are right that a football board does well to specialize in the field of football, and not stray a little into too many other places. Plus the emotions run too high at times, to the point where people are in sharp divide over what is being discussed.

:2cents:
              If there were some way to ensure polite political discussion, I think having the forum opened would be cool. However, as Frey and Can have mentioned, political squabbling will infect relationships between otherwise benign Broncos fans, and football is the reason for our being (at least here anyway).

The political divide domestically and internationally at the present time is a putrid chasm. A bubbling cauldron of angry threatening to go critical mass with any given tweet or news clip. The discussions in P&R will likely follow suit in the same volatile vein, as it’s human nature to be combative when our personal beliefs are challenged.

With that said (and given the current state of affairs), I would love for the forum to be reopened, but would recommend that extreme caution and discretion be exercised.
              To infinity...and beyond.

Comment

Thank you all for your input. It is very helpful.

I'm quoting Frey because of the bolded. IMO, that is a concern. P&R has been closed since September and we still see this happening. Apparently, members have long memories.
                Administrator
                sigpic

#LupusAwareness

#TackleCancer - Adopted Bronco: Phillip Lindsay

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

Reopening P&R doesn't seem like a good idea to me. Politics and religion should be separate, and I don't like either one mixed with football, but that's just me.
                  "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

I mean, there's always http://reddit.com if you have to scratch that itch?
                    sigpic

Comment

Okay, I am going to have to step in here and kindly ask you all to just take a deep breath count to 3 and calm down.

No reason to attack each other here -- we're all friends.

That's it! Exhale---slowly-- slower--- let the anger out.

Please-- can't we all just get along?

Sheesh! All I do around here and now I gotta be a peace-keeper too!

Darn right EM!
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rancid View Post
                        Okay, I am going to have to step in here and kindly ask you all to just take a deep breath count to 3 and calm down.

No reason to attack each other here -- we're all friends.

That's it! Exhale---slowly-- slower--- let the anger out.

Please-- can't we all just get along?

Sheesh! All I do around here and now I gotta be a peace-keeper too!

Darn right EM!
                        Right on time to save us bud! Haha.

And thanks all for the input. We have received some privately as well and all of it will be considered when we have that discussion.

For now... we have Broncos football to get Sick watching ....
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hadez View Post
                          Maybe mods can start a discussion about opening the P&R area?

I know only mods know if it is a good idea to even discuss at this point.

Looks like our season is 5 weeks away from being over. My perception could be totally wrong but it seems the boards are not as busy as they have been in past seasons. Tho even if less people are posting the "quality" of posting can still mean same...load...for the mods.

If it can happen that is cool. If it can not happen that is cool.

Thanks for considering it either way.
                          I can understand why you would be interested in P&R Forum reopening. You were one of the best posters on it. You were reasonable, thoughtful and balanced. You demonstrated a calm demeanor and linked much useful information. Your conversations were civil. In other words you were a model contributor. You are not the reason P&R closed. If it ever reopens, posters like you will be the reason it is allowed.
                          "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                            I can understand why you would be interested in P&R Forum reopening. You were one of the best posters on it. You were reasonable, thoughtful and balanced. You demonstrated a calm demeanor and linked much useful information. Your conversations were civil. In other words you were a model contributor. You are not the reason P&R closed. If it ever reopens, posters like you will be the reason it is allowed.
                            Thank you for the kind words Sam. I think I got out of hand myself at times...least how I evaluate myself.

To me it is about separating not only one forum section from another...not only one thread from another but actually even in the same thread I try to look at each post separate from another post...if I can...though I know I do not always succeed at my effort in this. It is also hard to build on a point or a concept in doing this...not a easy balance to maintain.

I had not planned to post in this thread again. Like I said earlier it is just a request I am understand no matter which way it goes. I personally got a lot out of the discussions we had over the months. I changed many points of views and I grew not just because of the posters who posted things I believed but also because of the posters who posted things I did not believe. Over the last 13 months I exposed myself to many different forms of discussion like we had here...both internet and in person. While it was rough here this place was by far the most constructive discussions I was part of when opposing points of view were added to the discussion.

I do have some idea of effort it took to keep it civil. I did not really realize how negative it was on some of the posters until this thread was replied to...probably because of how good a job was done keeping the conversations civil to most perceptions.
                            Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                              Reopening P&R doesn't seem like a good idea to me. Politics and religion should be separate, and I don't like either one mixed with football, but that's just me.
                              by that line of thinking we could close "anything goes", or every forum that isn't about football, right?

P&R touches every one of us daily in our lives...I say open it up
                              sigpic
                              when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

Working...
                              X