No announcement yet.

Too Many "General Discussions"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Of course all these trheads will only work if people post in the appropriate topics.

Last year we moved more threads than P. Diddy.
    The Game Day Thread: Year 17 in progress!!! sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Thesameold333
      since most of our topics revolve around the team and players............The best way to manage the board(In my very humble opinion) would be with the following threads, which could be sub threads of of general discussions.

1.Jake Plummer/QBs thread
      2.Running backs
      3.WRs/Tight ends
      4.Offensive/deffensive Line
      5.Linebackers/Secondary
      6.Shanny/Caoching/Managment
      7.NFL/News and rumors

Well always have 30 posts on one topic, but by categorizing the thread, all Plummer bashing/loving will be in the same spot.
      All Coyer/Shanny Loving/hating will all be in the same spot etc.

Maybe not a perfect blueprint, but I really think a good reliable method. If you do this and delete the general discussion thread outright, It will force people to post in the correct category, in order to know that there post will be read and recieve response.

Thank you for hearing my suggestion.
      Sounds good to me but would have to have thread for most of the current players, Champ, Q, tater, herndon, Lynch, Jake etc. And even a few for past favories like greasy ETC.

Since there are favorites and guys that are easy to be controversal, they would need there own threads.

It amazes me to see that 2-5 different threads open up every day about Jake and about Q last spring.

Would probabaly like to see a prohibition on starting polls and more threads. Or at least having to send polls to a mods to be listed.

Comment

Originally posted by Elway
        Of course all these trheads will only work if people post in the appropriate topics.

Last year we moved more threads than P. Diddy.

That is really the problem - you can have all the threads you want - people will still post in general cause thats where most people stay

Comment

GD - Just do a damn Plummer forum already - Maybe Plummer/Shanny - and I aint bein sarcastic - There has to be at least 100 threads between the two

Comment

Have to say I agree with OB420 here mgr. It's way past time.

Comment

Maybe we could call it "FIRE HIM NOW" or "The crying towel"!!!
              Last edited by daBIGDog; 01-16-2005, 10:22 PM.

L.Tayler - M. Farr - L. Saban - R. Jackson - F. Little
              C. Gilchrist - G. Mingo - A. Haynes - G. Gonsoulin - J. Turner - W. McDaniel

Comment

Well you could move threads to an "archives forum"...That way people could still find things.

There may be a hack for moving "old threads" automatically after a certain amount of inactivity, I'll look into it, if you want...but later.

Comment

Originally posted by orangenblue420

That is really the problem - you can have all the threads you want - people will still post in general cause thats where most people stay

Exactomundo. For instance, I just posted a thread about a former Raider fighting police in a burglary attempt, where he was shot several times in the torso. Now, this technically has nothing to do with the Broncos, but any Bronco fan worth his or her salt loves things like this about our arch nemesis Raiders and their prison block players. But who in the hell goes to the "other teams" forum on a Broncos board? Hello? I didn't even know that forum existed until my post was promptly moved there. I have never been to that section, and never will. Why? Because nobody goes there. Do I want to talk to myself? No, I want to communicate with Broncos fans. In fact, let me see exactly how many people are in the various forums right now....

38 in general discussions
                  6 in talkin' smack
                  1 in newbie land
                  2 in virtual trading cards (whatever the hell those are)
                  6 in 2005 draft and free agency
                  4 in other NFL teams
                  Nobody in College football
                  1 in Fantasy Football
                  3 in video games
                  1 in rumor mill
                  4 in anything but football

So there's 4 in Other Teams? Yeah, because when they click the link of my story in General Discussions it sends them there. 12 hits already, so it is likely thats where they all came from.

The point is, if you want to get the word out, then you put it in General Discussions, otherwise nobody will see it.

Comment

So you are the S.O.B. responsible for all the threads in the wrong area...

now how do I delete all your points.
                    The Game Day Thread: Year 17 in progress!!! sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Perry1977
                      Exactomundo. For instance, I just posted a thread about a former Raider fighting police in a burglary attempt, where he was shot several times in the torso. Now, this technically has nothing to do with the Broncos, but any Bronco fan worth his or her salt loves things like this about our arch nemesis Raiders and their prison block players. But who in the hell goes to the "other teams" forum on a Broncos board? Hello? I didn't even know that forum existed until my post was promptly moved there. I have never been to that section, and never will. Why? Because nobody goes there. Do I want to talk to myself? No, I want to communicate with Broncos fans. In fact, let me see exactly how many people are in the various forums right now....

6 in talkin' smack
                      1 in newbie land
                      4 in other NFL teams
                      1 in Fantasy Football
                      3 in video games
                      1 in rumor mill

So there's 4 in Other Teams? Yeah, because when they click the link of my story in General Discussions it sends them there. 12 hits already, so it is likely thats where they all came from.

The point is, if you want to get the word out, then you put it in General Discussions, otherwise nobody will see it.
                      I like you perry, but honestly, we ain't baby sitters. If people can't figure out HOW to search the entire board without being in a specific forum (i.e. the 'new posts' button), then too bad for them. And people do go there, otherwise there would be no threads or posts. And even if you disagree, we will still move threads to the appropriate forum, and continue to hope that people (and I don't mean you per se) read and try to not repeat topics or threads. That's our job.

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
                      You should check these guys out

Comment

6 in talkin' smack
                        1 in newbie land
                        4 in other NFL teams
                        1 in Fantasy Football
                        3 in video games
                        1 in rumor mill

Nothing personal perry but if the regs and the vets sot to speak dont post in the correct forum, how will the newbies ever learn - its kind of up to the people who have been here for awhile to do things the right way in order to teach the others - not that all of us vets always do things we are supposed , but it helps if we at least try

Comment

Everyone should follow my example.

Except for me, I am above even myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Jared
                            I like you perry, but honestly, we ain't baby sitters. If people can't figure out HOW to search the entire board without being in a specific forum (i.e. the 'new posts' button), then too bad for them. And people do go there, otherwise there would be no threads or posts. And even if you disagree, we will still move threads to the appropriate forum, and continue to hope that people (and I don't mean you per se) read and try to not repeat topics or threads. That's our job.

Funny, how it wasn't even moved to the proper forum. A tustle and a shooting is "anything but football", yet it was put in some obscure forum nobody reads called "other teams".

Also, how was someone going to 'search' for a topic such as this? It's so obscure that no one actually goes searching for "ex raider shot in burlary attempt".

See, the thing is, you ARE babysitters, because you are babysitting. Who cares if there's a post like that in General Discussions? IMO, it is relevant to the Broncos because the Raiders are our sworn enemy. Now, I could see if it was like another Raven or something, or some player that played for the Saints...but it's not. Making fun of the Raiders has everything to do with the Orange and Blue. =p

Let's look at the front page threads in General Discussions right now:

This one has nothing to do directly with the Broncos...

This one doesn't either...

Nor does this one ...

Now, am I saying they should be moved? Of course not, because they are interesting topics. But technically they are in the 'wrong' forum. But who would read them if they weren't here? Nobody.
                            Last edited by Perry1977; 01-18-2005, 10:25 AM.

Comment

Actually, General topics that encompass the entire NFL and the Broncos belong in General Discussions. To put this topic anywhere else would be inappropriate.

Comment

Funny, how it wasn't even moved to the proper forum. A tustle and a shooting is "anything but football", yet it was put in some obscure forum nobody reads called "other teams".

Also, how was someone going to 'search' for a topic such as this? It's so obscure that no one actually goes searching for "ex raider shot in burlary attempt".

See, the thing is, you ARE babysitters, because you are babysitting. Who cares if there's a post like that in General Discussions? IMO, it is relevant to the Broncos because the Raiders are our sworn enemy. Now, I could see if it was like another Raven or something, or some player that played for the Saints...but it's not. Making fun of the Raiders has everything to do with the Orange and Blue. =p

This one doesn't either...

Nor does this one ...

Now, am I saying they should be moved? Of course not, because they are interesting topics. But technically they are in the 'wrong' forum. But who would read them if they weren't here? Nobody.
                                I think you have missed my point entirely. I don't think anyone searches for topics like the way you described. However, they can search for messagesd posted within a certain time frame or since their last login. If more people did that, then they wouldn;t feel that stuff has to always be in Gen Dis.

And last time I checked, Gen Dis was general discussion about the Broncos, therefore, Barret Robbins' (sad what happened, he is mentally ill) was a former Raider. Now if that had been about how the Raiders were wooing a Bronco free agent, then sure, I suppose it could possibly be in GD, but its a relatively minor story about a guy who is not even in the NFL anymore, so it has no baring on the Dennver Broncos, the AFC West, or the NFL. So It should be somewhere other than Gen Dis. Its all subjective.

Of course, we recently dismantled "Around the NFL" and all subjects were placed in Gen dis, because it is NOW about the Broncos and general NFL news. So I think you will like that change.
                                Last edited by Jared; 01-18-2005, 04:42 PM.

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
                                You should check these guys out

Comment

Working...
                                X