No announcement yet.

CS Point Question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keep in mind this isn't just like rewriting an essay for English, it's code and a single line can take upwards of an hour to write so that it works. Microsoft programmers on average, produce ten lines of workable code per day.

Do you want to rewrite the 15 pages of code to change the icon?

Newbies will often probably learn about the system when they get their first comment or points.

I do think we could brighten up the icon so that it grabs some more attention than it currently does. Changing the size or layout or what have you though... that's a whole nother animal, and not a small critter at that.

Comment

Reminder: 21 x 17 pixels. Can you draw two thumbs, one pointing up and one pointing down so that it looks remotely like anything we'd recognize in that amount of space?

I'm sure we can improve the icon. I'm not certain we can get a high degree of detail into it though.

Comment

Originally posted by Alastor
        Reminder: 21 x 17 pixels. Can you draw two thumbs, one pointing up and one pointing down so that it looks remotely like anything we'd recognize in that amount of space?

I'm sure we can improve the icon. I'm not certain we can get a high degree of detail into it though.

Yeah, I think it's pretty hard to have 21 X 17 and still have detail.

sigpic

Sig made by me. Click top sig to view my Graphics Portfolio.

There are three things you can expect in life:

1. Death
        2. Taxes
        3. The Ball Being Picked Off by Champ Bailey

Comment

Sorry Alastor. I was just fishing for ideas.

I dont know squat about lines or code. I was just trying to give my idea to make it more visible, that's all.

Comment

Originally posted by JWinn
            Sorry Alastor. I was just fishing for ideas.

I dont know squat about lines or code. I was just trying to give my idea to make it more visible, that's all.

Trust me, I know jack about it also, all I know is that it's a very complicated system.

sigpic

1. Death
            2. Taxes

Comment

Yeah. I wasnt thinking about that when I suggested it.

My bad.....

Comment

Originally posted by JWinn
                Yeah. I wasnt thinking about that when I suggested it.

My bad.....

The system's like this

sigpic

1. Death
                2. Taxes

Comment

The "Endless Catalyst" pic is neat.

No need to apologize. Always ask questions. I apologize if I came off any way other than open about it.

I'm not even saying it's not doable.. just mentioning what all's involved with it if they chose to go that way (and we actually discussed it when we put the system in).

And of course Bronco's Manager makes the final call on that stuff I suspect. I'm just the peanut gallery.

Keep it coming. I mean... I do think you're right, a lot of folks still don't know about it. it never hurts to ask. Just that this one would be a major project, bigger than the installation of everything I did before, easily.

Comment

The "Endless Catalyst" pic is neat.

No need to apologize. Always ask questions. I apologize if I came off any way other than open about it.

I'm not even saying it's not doable.. just mentioning what all's involved with it if they chose to go that way (and we actually discussed it when we put the system in).

And of course Bronco's Manager makes the final call on that stuff I suspect. I'm just the peanut gallery.

Keep it coming. I mean... I do think you're right, a lot of folks still don't know about it. it never hurts to ask. Just that this one would be a major project, bigger than the installation of everything I did before, easily.
                    Ah, I see. Thanks for the props. I literally put that together in 30 seconds. The saving and hosting took a bit longer but I made the pic in litterally 30 seconds, not meaning to brag of course/

sigpic

1. Death
                    2. Taxes

Comment

Keep in mind this isn't just like rewriting an essay for English, it's code and a single line can take upwards of an hour to write so that it works. Microsoft programmers on average, produce ten lines of workable code per day.

Do you want to rewrite the 15 pages of code to change the icon?

Sounds like someone is just being a bit lazy to me
                      Last edited by orangenblue420; 03-07-2005, 12:09 PM.

Comment

I'm feelin' ya guys. I definitely do agree that a lot of folks don't know about the system... but it's not like I can just walk over to them, pimp slap them and tell them to read the threads either.

Though I wouldn't mind trying if the team will cover my bail and legal fees.

hahahahahahahaha....ah...that's good stuff Al.
                        sigpic

DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Comment

Seems, a lot of people are getting to know it now.

sigpic

1. Death
                          2. Taxes

Comment

Yeah, the more it's used the more it will catch on. It's a self-fullfilling prophecy. So sayeth the drunk guy.

Comment

Working...
                            X