Great board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great board

Just to let you guys know this is one of the better message boards out there for an NFL team. Good job!

One problem though...sometimes when I log in it says Ive been banned...and other times when I log in,it lets me come in. Does anyone know why it does that?

Comment

Originally posted by CGYBroncosFan
      One problem though...sometimes when I log in it says Ive been banned...and other times when I log in,it lets me come in. Does anyone know why it does that?

Ok, THAT is odd.

I'll notify admin in teh AM.

Hopefully we can get that cleared up.

Try closing and clearing your browser of all cookies and logging in again.

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
      You should check these guys out

Comment

Are you a reincarnation of a banned user?

Don't answer that. Well, you can if you want, and if you're stupid. I wouldn't recommend answering it though.

I know that on these boards, your computer stores cookies. It's possible that if a user had been banned and their settings were such that they automatically logged in and the site "remembered" them each time they arrived, you could be (unbeknownst to you now) attempting to log in under the previously banned user name even though to you it looks like you're trying to log in using your current name.

The solution would be as Jared suggests, clearing your cookies - or not getting banned. Or not making new aliases to come back.

If indeed that is the case here. I'm not saying it is. I'm just saying it's a possible explanation if what I suggested above is true.

Comment

Ive never been here before. Im new.
          and this may sound dumb but what are 'cookies?'

Comment

They're road signs in your computer for the Internet. To clear them... which browser are you using?

Comment

Im using Internet Explorer.

Comment

Okay, open it up. Go to Tools.

Next go to Internet Options.

Next, make certain you are on the General tab.

One of the options reads Temporary Internet Files and in that category is an option to remove your cookies.

Note that this will delete all cookies for all sites on the web for you. If you want to just clear the Bronco ones, you'll need to go to significantly more work, but I can tell you how to do that too if you want. If not, just clear them all. This actually helps keep spyware and ad trackers down too - so sometimes it's good to clear your cookies just because.

Let me know.

Comment

K Thanks..I'll do that after work today.

Comment

Working...
                  X