Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to stop the video playing automatically?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to stop the video playing automatically?

Greetings Broncofans form the UK's #1 Broncomaniac!

Can anybody tell me how to prevent the video on the front page playing automatically? I do have broadband, but I'm finding that the page wants to load the video before anything else loads. And then the audio starts playing before the pictures have loaded. This happens every time I go to (or go back to) the front page. Is there any way I can stop this, such that I can play the video when I choose to watch it? This is going to drive me crazy by the end of the season!

Otherwise I love the new look of the front page.

Here's to a great season. I'll be watching the game on Sunday live on UK TV!
    The UK's #1 Broncomaniac

this is good advice

it doesn't bother me much, but i've noticed the same thing. it should probably be changed so that the video doesn't play until we press play, or some such. like adrian though i love the new look overall.
    sigpic
    go broncos
    share the sidewalk
    liberty > safety . . . ron paul '12!

Comment

Right above the video is a button marked "Hide Video". Click that, and it will stop the video. You can also just hit the little square stop button right under it.

Welcome to Broncomania Adrian!

Comment

That's exactly what I mean. Why should I have to click on Stop or Hide Video every time I go back to the front page? Apart from this, it also means that the rest of the page takes significantly longer to load than it otherwise should. I pity those who still have dialup connections! My guess is that the command to play the video by default is coded in the web page, and so we will have no way of preventing it unless that coding is changed.
        The UK's #1 Broncomaniac

Comment

We're working on revising this so the video does not load automatically. May take a while to implement, though.

Comment

Great. Thanks.
            The UK's #1 Broncomaniac

Comment

Originally posted by DeuceOfClub
              He is asking if there is a way that it will not start automatically, and I agree with him. The video should run only if you click on it.
              Ya know Duece, I knew that. However, since the video currently plays, I was just telling him how to make it stop. It doesnt bother me at all. I just make a simple click! Not too hard.

Id remind you two that there are people with REAL problems in the world today.........

Comment

Originally posted by JWinn
                Ya know Duece, I knew that. However, since the video currently plays, I was just telling him how to make it stop. It doesnt bother me at all. I just make a simple click! Not too hard.

Id remind you two that there are people with REAL problems in the world today.........

You could just not go to that page..............

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
                You should check these guys out

Comment

Originally posted by Jared
                  You could just not go to that page..............
                  It's the MAIN PAGE Jared!

WWW.DenverBroncos.com

You'll see the video start in the upper right.

I agree with these guys that having the video play automatically sucks, but I just dont think it's that big a problem. There is an option to shut it off, and it's not like it takes THAT much effort to do so.

Comment

Originally posted by admin
                    We're working on revising this so the video does not load automatically. May take a while to implement, though.
                    YAY!!!!

I can reinstall Real One again soon. I uninstalled it to keep the video from playing.

Greg

Comment

WWW.DenverBroncos.com

I agree with these guys that having the video play automatically sucks, but I just dont think it's that big a problem. There is an option to shut it off, and it's not like it takes THAT much effort to do so.
                      Hence the smiley.

Although, I admit, I vere rarely go there, as my NFL.com page is set to link to any new Bronco related stories on that site or here. Takes me right to the article, so I don't usually see the main page. I bookmarked the forums.

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
                      You should check these guys out

Comment

Who is this Andrew Mason person anyways?

Comment

Originally posted by Invesco
                          Who is this Andrew Mason person anyways?
                          He's like the head writer of DenverBroncos.com or something like that. He does most of the articles for DenverBroncos.com

I think he's like the official DenverBroncos Reporter.

sigpic

Sig made by me. Click top sig to view my Graphics Portfolio.

There are three things you can expect in life:

1. Death
                          2. Taxes
                          3. The Ball Being Picked Off by Champ Bailey

Comment

WWW.DenverBroncos.com

Problem being, though, is even though you can "hide it", it STILL plays in the background......
                            "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
                            tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
                            men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DeuceOfClub
                              I believe it is fixed now,
                              Thank you.
                              yep, seems to be working perfect for me too. thx.
                              sigpic
                              go broncos
                              share the sidewalk
                              liberty > safety . . . ron paul '12!

Comment

Working...
                              X