Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to stop the video playing automatically?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nyx
    replied
    I would also like to thank the web-design crew for fixing the video.

Greg

Leave a comment:

• mattos
    replied
    Originally posted by DeuceOfClub
    I believe it is fixed now,
    Thank you.
    yep, seems to be working perfect for me too. thx.

Leave a comment:

• rcsodak
    replied
    Originally posted by JWinn
    It's the MAIN PAGE Jared!

WWW.DenverBroncos.com

You'll see the video start in the upper right.

I agree with these guys that having the video play automatically sucks, but I just dont think it's that big a problem. There is an option to shut it off, and it's not like it takes THAT much effort to do so.
    Problem being, though, is even though you can "hide it", it STILL plays in the background......

Leave a comment:

• Snk16
    replied
    Originally posted by Invesco
    Who is this Andrew Mason person anyways?
    He's like the head writer of DenverBroncos.com or something like that. He does most of the articles for DenverBroncos.com

I think he's like the official DenverBroncos Reporter.

Leave a comment:

• Invesco
    replied
    Who is this Andrew Mason person anyways?

Leave a comment:

• Jared
    replied

WWW.DenverBroncos.com

I agree with these guys that having the video play automatically sucks, but I just dont think it's that big a problem. There is an option to shut it off, and it's not like it takes THAT much effort to do so.
    Hence the smiley.

Although, I admit, I vere rarely go there, as my NFL.com page is set to link to any new Bronco related stories on that site or here. Takes me right to the article, so I don't usually see the main page. I bookmarked the forums.

Leave a comment:

• Nyx
    replied
    Originally posted by admin
    We're working on revising this so the video does not load automatically. May take a while to implement, though.
    YAY!!!!

I can reinstall Real One again soon. I uninstalled it to keep the video from playing.

Greg

Leave a comment:

• JWinn
    replied
    Originally posted by Jared
    You could just not go to that page..............

WWW.DenverBroncos.com

Leave a comment:

• Jared
    replied
    Ya know Duece, I knew that. However, since the video currently plays, I was just telling him how to make it stop. It doesnt bother me at all. I just make a simple click! Not too hard.

Id remind you two that there are people with REAL problems in the world today.........

You could just not go to that page..............

Leave a comment:

• JWinn
    replied
    Originally posted by DeuceOfClub
    He is asking if there is a way that it will not start automatically, and I agree with him. The video should run only if you click on it.
    Ya know Duece, I knew that. However, since the video currently plays, I was just telling him how to make it stop. It doesnt bother me at all. I just make a simple click! Not too hard.

Id remind you two that there are people with REAL problems in the world today.........

Leave a comment:

• BroncomaniacUK
    replied
    Great. Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• admin
    replied
    We're working on revising this so the video does not load automatically. May take a while to implement, though.

Leave a comment:

• BroncomaniacUK
    replied
    That's exactly what I mean. Why should I have to click on Stop or Hide Video every time I go back to the front page? Apart from this, it also means that the rest of the page takes significantly longer to load than it otherwise should. I pity those who still have dialup connections! My guess is that the command to play the video by default is coded in the web page, and so we will have no way of preventing it unless that coding is changed.

Leave a comment:

• JWinn
    replied
    Right above the video is a button marked "Hide Video". Click that, and it will stop the video. You can also just hit the little square stop button right under it.

Welcome to Broncomania Adrian!

Leave a comment:

• mattos
    replied
    this is good advice

it doesn't bother me much, but i've noticed the same thing. it should probably be changed so that the video doesn't play until we press play, or some such. like adrian though i love the new look overall.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X