Mods!! Ages??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mods!! Ages??

Hey, I was wondering if I could offer a suggestion to the boards, and, if the people choose to, have their ages being viewed next to their names in all the threads.

I believe it can filter out some arguments from posters, and prevent people from responding to ignorant posts if they see that a certain poster is like 10 years old.

Let me know what ya'll think?

I despise that because I'm 12. Age shouldn't mean a poster's credibility. However some people do appear young and spam and some young ones just make ridiculous statements. It seems contridictory what I just said, but I stick by my statment, Age shouldn't mean anything, it's what the person posts and knows about football, etc.

sigpic

Sig made by me. Click top sig to view my Graphics Portfolio.

There are three things you can expect in life:

1. Death
    2. Taxes
    3. The Ball Being Picked Off by Champ Bailey

Comment

I dont agree to that because I just turned 13...

and Snk and me are more mature than lets say.....Christian#7.

age does not matter.....the person does.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by silkamilkamonic
        Hey, I was wondering if I could offer a suggestion to the boards, and, if the people choose to, have their ages being viewed next to their names in all the threads.

I believe it can filter out some arguments from posters, and prevent people from responding to ignorant posts if they see that a certain poster is like 10 years old.

So your going to ignore people simply because of their age?

Why would you do that?

Regardless, just go look at peoples profiles. If they dont meet your standards of "age", then place them on your ignore list.

I base my opinions of people an what they say, not their ages. The two who have responded before me are perfect examples! There are plenty of decent posters who are not adults, and WAY MORE posters who cant act civilized even though they are grown adults.

If a post angers you, or whatever, your free to just ignore it anyway. Maybe it's the person who responds to such posts who needs to do a little growing up.............

I would go so far to say that if someone is ten, then their lack of knowledge is simply a sign of that age. That's not ignorance.

Where an adult, who may have followed the team for several years and makes posts like your talking about, is truly the ignorant one.

Comment

I agree with what they all said, besides ages can probably be faked anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by Snk16
            I despise that because I'm 12. Age shouldn't mean a poster's credibility. However some people do appear young and spam and some young ones just make ridiculous statements. It seems contridictory what I just said, but I stick by my statment, Age shouldn't mean anything, it's what the person posts and knows about football, etc.
            You're 12!!! All I have to say is you got a great future in web/graphic design! (if you choose that path)

Well done! Reeespect

Age can easily be displayed, it's a setting in vBulletin

Comment

Originally posted by silkamilkamonic

how about you fill out your profile and put your age before asking everyone to post their age. lol, how do we know you're not 10 years old

Comment

Originally posted by broncosfan247
                how about you fill out your profile and put your age before asking everyone to post their age. lol, how do we know you're not 10 years old
                Good point.

Comment

I know some people find it hard to believe that I am only 21. Because I am very mature for my age and know a lot more than many of my peers. But then again. That's how I have always been.
                  The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

How about I not talk to Dawgtalk because he's 21.

I'm 12. Lots of people are 12. Lots of 12 year olds aren't ignorant.

Comment

I'm not saying that all young people are ignorant.

But if I want to an respond to a ridiculous post like "BVP needs to start, he's will be the best QB in the league in 3 years, Jake Plummer is absolute crap!!", and then realize that the kid is 12 years old I can think twice about responding with a negative conotone. Then again if a 35 year old posts something like that, I can call him a football idiot who doesn't understand anything about the game.

Really though, I think so many posts are taken the wrong way because someone doesn't understand where the poster is coming from, including myself. An age can give a post some credibility whether it's positive or negative, from both young kids and older adults.
                      Last edited by silkamilkamonic; 09-11-2005, 10:44 PM.

Comment

You guys are completely missing my point.

And as far as Christian #7 goes, I think it's safe to say that the majority would have been a little less harsh on him, including myself, if I knew that he was 13 years old or whatever.

If he was 47 years old, he would have deserved to be blasted like he did.

And just for the record, if I see an intelligent post and realize the kid is 12 years old, I would probably appreciate it a little more, knowing the kid is probably looking at the situation in a more genuine and innocent point of view.

Comment

Well, silk, I can answer in this way, from my own point of view:

We give members an opportunity to list their birthdays upon registration. If they choose not to put a year, so be it. That means they do not want to reveal personal details. It should not be compulsory. All we ask is that if you are under 13 (and some of you are, so please be serious), that you don't lie about your age and you have your parents e-mail Steve with permission for you to be here. It takes 5 minutes.

Also, there are many members here who would simply ignore or flame a poster worse because of their young age. Or, and this may be worse, post in a condescending manner, regardless of the content in any given post by the member.

Finally, many members here do list their age. All you have to do is click on their screen name to see their public profile.

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
                          You should check these guys out

Comment

Originally posted by Jared
                            Well, silk, I can answer in this way, from my own point of view:

We give members an opportunity to list their birthdays upon registration. If they choose not to put a year, so be it. That means they do not want to reveal personal details. It should not be compulsory. All we ask is that if you are under 13 (and some of you are, so please be serious), that you don't lie about your age and you have your parents e-mail Steve with permission for you to be here. It takes 5 minutes.

Also, there are many members here who would simply ignore or flame a poster worse because of their young age. Or, and this may be worse, post in a condescending manner, regardless of the content in any given post by the member.

Finally, many members here do list their age. All you have to do is click on their screen name to see their public profile.
                            Fair enough, I can respect that.

Comment

and don't forget Ageism is considered a valid form of discrimination.
                              The Game Day Thread: Year 16 in progress!!! sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X