Why do these boards allow?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do these boards allow?

Why do these boards allow such large Sigs, it makes it pretty annoying to navigate them. Most Boards have strict size relation regarding this.

Also do the mods here not monitor the boards for stuff like quoting abuse. I mean some people will quote a two page post to make a one line comment about a tiny blip in another persons post. So you are constantly having to scroll through a bunch of wasted thread space. That kind of quote abuse would get you banned on a lot of message boards.

So it really gets annoying when you have a quote abuser and a huge sig poster at the same time, because you are really having to scroll to get through the extra junk.

Just a rant and a few questions I have had?

You have some good points, not much mods can do about the quoting I don't think, but yes members with large pics are sometimes warned to make them smaller(when we come across them), I have been meaning to ask some users to resize their pics. ( it's one of my projects this week )

Comment

Originally posted by JoviBronco
      not much mods can do about the quoting I don't think,
      Well I know on other boards I frequent what mods will do is warn the quoter to let them know that’s not proper boards etiquette to quote like that and if they keep up such a practice they will have to under go a ban of sorts. Well just a suggestion anyway.

Comment

I wish we did have a size limit on sigs as well.

But, I see nothing wrong with the quoting, because generally, other users will tell that person to stop doing that.

And besides, they think we over-mod now as it is.

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
        You should check these guys out

Comment

You have some good points, not much mods can do about the quoting I don't think, but yes members with large pics are sometimes warned to make them smaller(when we come across them), I have been meaning to ask some users to resize their pics. ( it's one of my projects this week )
          Plz start with MntMan and his oversized cartoon's, they get a little annoying when he posts 5 times in a row on the same thread.......

Comment

isnt there a feature to turn them off?

Comment

Originally posted by OrangeShadow
              isnt there a feature to turn them off?

yes. You can turn off the ability to see them.

The choice is yours.

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
              You should check these guys out

Comment

Originally posted by PR-Broncomaniac
                Plz start with MntMan and his oversized cartoon's, they get a little annoying when he posts 5 times in a row on the same thread.......

The cartoons have been around the 12K limit
                It is a bit over....12K
                (was wondering about this for awhile myself )
                I think it's the WHITE that makes it JUMP out.??
                Last edited by 2 Minute Warning; 10-13-2005, 03:46 PM.

Comment

Just putting in my two cents for mtnman's comics! They are straight out of the Rocky Mtn News! I love them! Dont mess with them! Leave them alone!!

Uh um....please?

Comment

I kinda like it the way it is.

The mods here give us a certian amount of freedom, because the regular general population polices itself. We have members who love to point out proper use of the boards to others. Most of us know the ropes, and help to guide all the rest.

If you think a sig is too big, or offensive, report it as you would any other offensive post. The responding mod will take your points into considerstion, and decide. I've done this simply on sig size and seen em change, sometimes.

Ya cant really FORCE people not to quote entire articles and still leave the quote option open to all. Further, you cant really FORCE them to post something long in return. That's just part of the freedom we have.

Where there are times I feel we could use a little more moderation, so far during the season, the ship seems well-manned. We have great mods here. They will make us follow the basic and obvious rules, but otherwise give us the freedom to rule ourselves. They dont RULE us. Quite the oppposite, they are ONE of us, each of them.

They just got stinkin badges!

This place wouldnt be as much fun if we had a bunch of power trippy mods telling us what to do & not to do all the time.

Comment

Thanks to those who know who they are.

Comment

Originally posted by Jared
                        yes. You can turn off the ability to see them.

The choice is yours.

Well theres your solution section 118

Comment

Are mine too many?

:salute:

Comment

A signature is just that. A signature. Not a page of crap.
                            sigpic

Comment

Suggestion for forum Control Panel

Call me lazy, that's fine,but...

It would be nice to have the forum controls at the bottom of each page just as it is at the top. With some of the HUGE sigs people have, some of the pages can get quite long and it would be handy to have the controls at the bottom so my lazy butt doesn't have to scroll all the way to the top of the page to navigate.
                              I know the drop down is there but the panel at the top is so much nicer.

And the latest player to be bought for the right price from Boston....

Johnny Damon

Comment

Working...
                              X