X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calif. Bronco
    replied
    Originally posted by TEXSOONER/BRONC
    is it possible to hi-jack a thread in feedback??
    Sounds like that could be a violation of the CoC, doesn't it?

Leave a comment:

• TEXSOONER/BRONC
    replied
    is it possible to hi-jack a thread in feedback?? If so I do believe that 4 posts sorta off topic counts as a hi-jacking.

Leave a comment:

• Jaws
    replied
    Originally posted by JWinn
    Nope. The system is designed the way it is to prevent people from only pointing certian other people. You MUST spread them around for that reason.

Otherwise, you could just continue to point the same person over and over again after the appointed time went by, defeating the whole reason for the system in the first place.

Having the system like that would me I could give my points to Jaws (an example), and nobody else. Skewing her points unfairly over everyone else.

The system as it is is fair to everyone, and prevents people from forming CP clicks.

And if there's anything from what I have seen here, if we allowed it, CP clicks would form overnight here.
    When can we bring in this change?

I'm all for it!

Leave a comment:

• Medford Bronco
    replied
    Originally posted by TEXSOONER/BRONC
    That gets my vote. maybe they can set it up so we all can just give our favorite shark an cp a day.
    For me my favorite Shark would get 2 CPs if I could help it.

Leave a comment:

• TEXSOONER/BRONC
    replied
    Originally posted by Calif. Bronco
    Awwwww come on JWinn, if anyone deserves to have the system skewed in her favor it's Sharkie!
    That gets my vote. maybe they can set it up so we all can just give our favorite shark an cp a day.

Leave a comment:

• Calif. Bronco
    replied
    Having the system like that would me I could give my points to Jaws (an example), and nobody else. Skewing her points unfairly over everyone else.
    Awwwww come on JWinn, if anyone deserves to have the system skewed in her favor it's Sharkie!

Leave a comment:

• JWinn
    replied
    Originally posted by Dawgfan
    Very well, I did go out and throw out CP to whomever. In fact I gave you one a while ago I didn't say it was from me though. But, you are a moderator so I am sure you know it was me.
    I do! lol

There's no rules as to who, or why you point anyone else. Your free to toss them at people like trash if you want, just so you can get back to pointing someone in particular.

That's not really encouraged, but again, there is no rule regarding who you point, or where, or why.

It's just you cant give them all to one person. Thats why the ten person rule is in place. If your going to bring up one person's status, you gotta bring up ten others. Or nine others, whatever.

Thanks!

In the end, the person who created and installed this sytem left us last year. Dont quote me, because I am not positive, but I think that without him, the tech crew would have to junk the whole thing and start over in order to make any changes to the CP system.

And that would be pretty drastic for any change.

Leave a comment:

• Dawgfan
    replied
    Nope. The system is designed the way it is to prevent people from only pointing certian other people. You MUST spread them around for that reason.
    Very well, I did go out and throw out CP to whomever. In fact I gave you one a while ago I didn't say it was from me though. But, you are a moderator so I am sure you know it was me.

Leave a comment:

• JWinn
    replied

Otherwise, you could just continue to point the same person over and over again after the appointed time went by, defeating the whole reason for the system in the first place.

The system as it is is fair to everyone, and prevents people from forming CP clicks.

And if there's anything from what I have seen here, if we allowed it, CP clicks would form overnight here.

Leave a comment:

• Tatum26Bell
    replied
    Originally posted by Dawgfan
    I have been wanting to give a CP to a certain user. However, as I do not give CP very often I am unable to give him CP because I gave that user a CP several days ago. I think a good idea to add to the CP Point is the re-use time for an individual. Say, the CP system forgets the person you last gave a CP after say a 24-48 hours after the said CP.
    I think 24-48 hours may be a little short....but 96 hours sounds like a good amount of time.

I think that's a good idea....if even technically possible....

Leave a comment:

• Charlie Brown
    started a topic Just a suggestion...

Just a suggestion...

I have been wanting to give a CP to a certain user. However, as I do not give CP very often I am unable to give him CP because I gave that user a CP several days ago. I think a good idea to add to the CP Point is the re-use time for an individual. Say, the CP system forgets the person you last gave a CP after say a 24-48 hours after the said CP.
Working...
X