Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spelling & Grammer

Hello all !!!!
    I'm not sure if I'm posting this thread in the correct forum but here we go anyway. Since I've been a member of this message board I've noticed that there are alot of folks that are pretty picky when it comes to spelling and grammer. What I'm saying is some folks get pretty ignorant and nasty cause of some mis-spelled words or some grammer errors. So my question to the moderators of this board. Is there anyway you can add a spelling & grammer tool on here? So that when you post a new thread or reply to one you can check your work to make sure everything is correct before you submit. It might be a reach but I figured I'd ask. I really enjoy reading this messageboard and I'm glad I'm a member. Heres to the Broncos Enjoy the season!! Can't wait till training camp. This is just a thought I figured I would mention. By the way, Tatum Bell will win the starting job in training camp this season then it will be time to unleash the BEAST!!!!
    sigpic

Originally posted by BiggyBoy660
    Hello all !!!!
    I'm not sure if I'm posting this thread in the correct forum but here we go anyway. Since I've been a member of this message board I've noticed that there are alot of folks that are pretty picky when it comes to spelling and grammer. What I'm saying is some folks get pretty ignorant and nasty cause of some mis-spelled words or some grammer errors. So my question to the moderators of this board. Is there anyway you can add a spelling & grammer tool on here? So that when you post a new thread or reply to one you can check your work to make sure everything is correct before you submit. It might be a reach but I figured I'd ask. I really enjoy reading this messageboard and I'm glad I'm a member. Heres to the Broncos Enjoy the season!! Can't wait till training camp. This is just a thought I figured I would mention. By the way, Tatum Bell will win the starting job in training camp this season then it will be time to unleash the BEAST!!!!

Your question would probably be better directed at the Feedback forum.

Comment

Dont worry about misspelling stuff, we all do it, some people are just picky, and some people like to joke around.

It would be nice to have a spell checker though

Comment

wat r u tawkin bout?

As a mater off facd us broncomaynia pple has grate gramer nd speling.

Comment

Originally posted by xX-Bronco-Xx
          wat r u tawkin bout?

As a mater off facd us broncomaynia pple has grate gramer nd speling.

Werd!

Comment

Uhh, yeah. Grammar has an "A".

Comment

Hello all !!!!
              As TDK mentioned, there is a Feedback section where the mods are more likely to notice your thread.

Anyway, another option would be to type your post out in Microsoft word and let it correct your spelling and grammar. Don't worry about it too much though. Most of us don't really care. As long as it's easy to read your posts you won't get hassled much.

With that in mind, what's important isn't so much correct grammar as easy to read posts.

Personally, using "U" instead of "you" is harder to read for me, but it's not uncommon.

What really is toughest to read are runon sentences and huge block paragraphs. Really, just try to find natural breaks in your paragraphs and it won't be so imposing to whoever is reading your post.

It's the whitespace bluespace that makes your post easier to read. It helps you keep track of where you're at and it generally just makes everything more readable. Of course, you also want to avoid writing tons of one sentence paragraphs, but making sure not to have huge blocks of words will help people not complain about your writing style.
              My adopted fan is dogfish

. . . . . . . . . . .
              . Post Your Artwork .
              . . . . . . . . . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Perry1977
                Uhh, yeah. Grammar has an "A".
                lol.............

Comment

Hello all !!!!
                  I am a former high school English teacher. So I can say this:

This is a football forum, not a grammar class. While I have seen relatively few instances where grammar and spelling are criticized, the ones I have noticed have seemingly been for the following reasons: (1) Another poster has aggravated them, and they want to get back at them somehow, or (2) they need to get over themselves.

Therefore, don't sweat your spelling or your grammar. Do the best you can, and MOST of us will appreciate you.

-ts

Let's have a little fun with this. Let's take it to the extreme: first your comment, then my response:

IMM NOT SURA IF IMM POSTNG THES THREAD IN DA COR3CT FORUM BUT HARE WE GO ANYWAY!!!!! OMG LOL SINC3 IVA BEN A MAMBR OF THES MESAEG BOARD IVA NOTIECD TAHT THEYRE R ALOT OF FOLKS TAHT R PRATY PIKY WHAN IT COM3S 2 SP3LNG AND GRMM3R!!!11!1 OMG WTF WUT IMM SAYNG SI SOME FOLKS G3T PRATY IGNORANT AND NASTY CAUES OF SOM3 MIS-SP3L3D WORDS OR SOME GRMMAR 3RORS!!111!1! WTF LOL SO MAH QUESTION 2 TEH MOD3RA2RS OF THES BOARD!1!!1 WTF SI THEIR ANYWAY U CAN AD A SPELNG & GRMM3R 2L ON H3RE?!!!? LOL SO TAHT WH3N U POST A NU THRAAD OR R3PLEY 2 ONE U CAN CH3K UR WORK 2 MAEK SUR3 EVERYTHNG SI CORECT BFORE U SUBMIT!111111 OMG WTF LOL IT MIGHT B A REACH BUT I FIGUR3D ID ASK!1!!!11 OMG LOL I RILLY 3NJOY R3ADNG THES M3SAEGBOARD AND IMM GLAD IMM A M3MBR!1!!1! OMG LOL H3RES 2 DA BRONCOS BAR ANJOY TEH S3ASON!!!11!!!!111!1! WTF LOL CANT WATE TIL TRANENG CMP!1111!! WTF LOL THES SI JUST A THOUGHT I FIGURAD I WUD MENTION!1!!!! OMG LOL BY TEH WAY TATUM BL WIL WIN TEH STARTNG JOB IN TRANENG CMP THES S3ASON THEN IT WIL B TIEM 2 UNLEASH TEH BAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!111!!!!!!11!111! WTF
                  IM A FORMAR HIGH SKOOL ENGLISH TEACH3R!1!!1! LOL SO I CAN SAY THIS
                  THIS SI A FOTBAL FORUM NOT A GRMMAR CLAS!!11! OMG LOL WHIEL I HAEV SEN RELATIEVLEY F3W INSTANC3S WH3R3 GRMMAR AND SPELNG R CRITICIEZD DA ONES I HAEV NOTIECD HAEV SEMNGLEY B3N FOR TEH FOLOWNG REASONS (1) ANOTHER POSTAR HAS AGRAVAETD THEM AND THEY WANT 2 GET BAK AT TH3M SOM3HOW OR (2) THAY NED 2 GAT OV3R THAMSALV3S
                  THER3FOR3!1111!!1 WTF LOL DONT SWEAT UR SPELNG OR UR GRMMAR!11!111!1 DO DA BST U CAN AND MOST OF US WIL APRECIAET U!1!11! WTF LOL

-----
                  Last edited by topscribe; 07-12-2006, 10:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by topscribe
                    I am a former high school English teacher. So I can say this:

This is a football forum, not a grammar class. While I have seen relatively few instances where grammar and spelling are criticized, the ones I have noticed have seemingly been for the following reasons: (1) Another poster has aggravated them, and they want to get back at them somehow, or (2) they need to get over themselves.

Therefore, don't sweat your spelling or your grammar. Do the best you can, and MOST of us will appreciate you.

-ts

-----

*just fainted*

(pssst....I am ther wurst spellar in the werld)

Comment

I dont really have a problem with bad spelling or grammer, because I do this from time to time myself...what I think is funny however, is when people criticize others for poor grammer/spelling and then turn around and committ the same error themselves.

Or like recently when I spotted a poster (who will remain nameless) with a 'save the vowels' movement sig (aimed at people abbreviating and misspelling words) and his spelling was horrible, I counted something like 3 or 4 errors in one post. It was downright hilarious.

Comment

Originally posted by watchthemiddle
                        *just fainted*

(pssst....I am ther wurst spellar in the werld)
                        You probably didn't notice what I added to my post.

-----

Comment

Honestly, this board isn't that bad it all when it comes to the hoity-toity's.

I'm a member of a couple that absolutley lambastes you for posting improper spelling or grammar.

They are relentless, and in the same breath they'll discuss about all sorts of messed up crap that would shock the devil himself. Just make sure you spell it right!

I feel like I have to preview my post a dozen times with those guys.

Last edited by The Dark Knight; 07-12-2006, 10:56 PM.

Comment

-----
                            Top has gone California girl!

Comment

-----

That looks familair......

12 year old AOL'r?

Comment

Working...
                              X