• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • IZAAK
    Hate me please!!!
    • Feb 2005

What I think is stupid about ABF!!!

I think it is extremely dumb that we can not talk politics or religion on the board... Granted the discussions get heated, but that is what makes them fun. If you cant handle the debate then dont participate in it.

We have a smack talk room where everyone makes fun of eachother and talks trash for no reason.

At least politic and religious trash talk can led to enlightment for some. I have learned alot about things in those threads...

That is one of the main reasons I havent been on lately. those threads were my thing. Now they are gone, and I have nothing interesting to talk about...

BRING BACK THE THREADS!!!! or at least make a seperate section for them...
    ---IZAAK
  • Buff_bronc_fan
    Fuggeddaboudit
    • Mar 2005

Originally posted by IZAAK
    I think it is extremely dumb that we can not talk politics or religion on the board... Granted the discussions get heated, but that is what makes them fun. If you cant handle the debate then dont participate in it.

We have a smack talk room where everyone makes fun of eachother and talks trash for no reason.

At least politic and religious trash talk can led to enlightment for some. I have learned alot about things in those threads...

That is one of the main reasons I havent been on lately. those threads were my thing. Now they are gone, and I have nothing interesting to talk about...

BRING BACK THE THREADS!!!! or at least make a seperate section for them...

Preach on man... Youre certainly not alone in this thinking... ABF is like a graveyard some days, and I can't help but wonder if P & R would liven it back up again. If we keep b----in, somone's bound to listen sooner or later, right?

Comment

• Eldritch
      THE bigger fish
      • Aug 2003

They could open up a separate section, and make it exclusive in that people must ask to be included and/or invited. They have to sign a waiver and have the understanding of what goes on.

Have violations (it it is decided that it is moderated at all) be ajudicated by a majority of respondants that make up the population of the forum. OR, have a moderator from each political persuasion and they must collectively agree if something is a violation and if so what is appropriate discipline.

Then again, this is a football board and it's not like there aren't other places to discuss politics.
      Victory and defeat are matters of the temporary force of circumstance.

Thanks, Snk16!!

Comment

• tommy1986
        Banned User
        • Nov 2004

This board is so watered-down compared to other message boards it's ridiculous. Like the saying goes if you can't take the heat, stay out of the kitchen. Besides, flame wars are entertaining.

Comment

• alwilson91
          Starter
          • Dec 2005

Originally posted by tommy1986
          This board is so watered-down compared to other message boards it's ridiculous. Like the saying goes if you can't take the heat, stay out of the kitchen. Besides, flame wars are entertaining.
          Yea, it's pretty funny, on other message boards you can swear and everything, talk about whatever you want. This message board wants to be politically correct I guess

Comment

• jhns
            Banned User
            • Dec 2005

Originally posted by alwilson91
            Yea, it's pretty funny, on other message boards you can swear and everything, talk about whatever you want. This message board wants to be politically correct I guess
            This one wants to be more of a family friendly board so that the parents don't have to be concerned that their kids are reading some of the stuff I'm sure people like you would come up with if there where no rules.

Comment

• y2cragie
              Ring of Famer
              • Oct 2003

This board is a professionally run site, catering to fans of a professional sports team. Some of these other forums are usually set up by independant persons who dont really care.
              The site has to project the professional conduct expected of it by the team, and why not I say. We should be thankful they give us a forum for general discussion at all in the end.
              Some might find flame wars funny, but they are childish, and I have seen many good and respected members leave a place including this one, because some troll or immature person couldn't hold a proper conversation.
              I would take a restricted forum where the posters are generally intelligent and respected, over a place thats a warzone.
              This is a place to escape lifes everyday troubles and problems and discuss some football with friends.
              "On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high."
              Ayrton Senna..

Comment

• ReleaseTheBeast7
                Franchise Moreno
                • Jul 2003

Everyone who wants politics and religion back... Make a thread for it...

We'll show everyone that no one can mess with the power of Religion and Politics!

*Indian Scream*

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@ Religion and political threads!
                sigpic

Comment

• DawgFanatic
                  Playmaker
                  • Jun 2006

Originally posted by jhns
                  This one wants to be more of a family friendly board so that the parents don't have to be concerned that their kids are reading some of the stuff I'm sure people like you would come up with if there where no rules.
                  I agree, there r children here, we got to respect that and not say profanity.
                  sigpic

Comment

• Buff_bronc_fan
                    Fuggeddaboudit
                    • Mar 2005

Originally posted by y2cragie
                    This board is a professionally run site, catering to fans of a professional sports team. Some of these other forums are usually set up by independant persons who dont really care.
                    The site has to project the professional conduct expected of it by the team, and why not I say. We should be thankful they give us a forum for general discussion at all in the end.
                    Some might find flame wars funny, but they are childish, and I have seen many good and respected members leave a place including this one, because some troll or immature person couldn't hold a proper conversation.
                    I would take a restricted forum where the posters are generally intelligent and respected, over a place thats a warzone.
                    This is a place to escape lifes everyday troubles and problems and discuss some football with friends.

I came because of the Broncos-- I stayed because of ABF and the discussions I would have... I haven't even ventured into the GD forum for more than 30 seconds in months... What's more pointless than off-season debates about who is better? And you wanna see ppl get heated-- Bring up Jake Plummer... Maybe we should ban discussion about JP to save the Mods time

Comment

• ReleaseTheBeast7
                      Franchise Moreno
                      • Jul 2003

Originally posted by DawgFanatic
                      I agree, there r children here, we got to respect that and not say profanity.
                      Since when was politics and religion profanity?

If you don't want the future of America to realize the meaning of religion, and find out what impact it can have on your life, then you're a very closed minded individual.

If you people are THAT worried about it, then maybe we should just make a seperate forum, and you have to be 18 years or older to get in.
                      sigpic

Comment

• ReleaseTheBeast7
                        Franchise Moreno
                        • Jul 2003

Originally posted by Buff_bronc_fan
                        Maybe we should ban discussion about JP to save the Mods time
                        We actually should... We seem to get more heated when someone hates on our team rather than our religion anyway...
                        sigpic

Comment

• Javalon
                          Hail to the King, baby!
                          • Sep 2003

Other message boards aren't representative of the Denver Broncos. Just like drunk people fighting at a Broncos game are tossed from the stadium, so too are posters/threads/topics on these forums tossed from the site when they get out of control.

The Broncos want their products, be it their games, websites, merchandise, etc., to be appropriate for fans of all ages and hopefully offend as few of them as possible.

Originally posted by Buff_bronc_fan
                          I came because of the Broncos-- I stayed because of ABF and the discussions I would have... I haven't even ventured into the GD forum for more than 30 seconds in months... What's more pointless than off-season debates about who is better? And you wanna see ppl get heated-- Bring up Jake Plummer... Maybe we should ban discussion about JP to save the Mods time
                          This message board is designed to be mostly about the Broncos. If topics get heated about Plummer, that's okay because he's a Bronco and part of the reason the board exists.

P&R are not the purpose of the board. They were a bonus. Unfortunately, they seemed to get out of hand way too often and had the moderators spending far too much time dealing with them instead of more pertinent trouble spots like Plummer.

The mods' time is a limited resource. And if they have to choose where to focus their time and energy, it seems obvious to me on which area they would choose to concentrate their efforts.
                          "You can't take the sky from me..."
                          ------
                          "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

• LoyalSoldier
                            2[CL]+2[H]+H2O2->CL2+2H2O
                            • Oct 2004

You do have to keep in mind this is the official board for the Denver Broncos. Anything that happens can fall back on to the team.

(Side note...4 bars! )
                            "Some people in this world make things happen, some people in this world know what happened, but most people wonder what happened."

Comment

• AZ Snake Fan
                              earthling
                              • May 2004

--- Even though I am very concerned with current events, I agree with y2cragie, Javalon and LoyalSoldier !!!

--- This is the OFFICIAL Message Board of our Denver Broncos !!!

---

May God Bless all men and women of our Armed Forces, past and present
                              The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing
                              http://www.navyjack.info/history.html
                              My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe

Comment

Working...
                              X