Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tpryce93
    replied
    and i don't know if this is true or not because i'm not a lawyer but if someone were to find something offensive against there religion or something then not only could they sue the other poster but they might be able to sue the denver broncos organization as well and that's why . LIke i said i don't know if this is true or not just a guess.

Leave a comment:

• Nomad Broncofan
    replied
    Originally posted by Archimedes Owl
    If you'd like a sig to be cleaned up, please report which sigs you find inappropriate.

I've seen a couple of sigs of women that were scantily dressed as you'd find on the beach, but anyway, when you see a sig that you think goes too far, feel free to report the user and to explain that you're not too keen on their sig.

As for the idea of getting rid of non-Broncos or football forums, I don't think that anybody has ever suggested that we do that. We are all football fans, but a lot of us like to have a place to get to know eachother outside of football. Political and Religious threads were getting too heated, so the administration decided to outlaw them. I for one will miss them and I wish they hadn't, but this single and sole decision shouldn't be enough to outlaw ALL non-football topics.

As for politics in sigs, they are kind of like bumper stickers. We allow people to express their own views within the confines of their sigs. If their sigs have something truly offensive, that's still not allowed, but expressing yourself is. We don't get into raging debates about the opinions that people express in their sigs.

Lastly, if you have young children coming onto the board, and you find some of the sigs to be offensive, you may want to turn the sigs off. To do this, click on "User CP" then click on "Edit Options" on the left side of the window. Then scroll down to the "Thread Display Options". Within the thread display options, uncheck the box that says, "Show Signatures". You can also uncheck avatars there if some of them bother you.
    Sounds like a double standard to me! But who am I just a casual contributor to the boards!

Leave a comment:

• OrangePeel
    replied
    I understand the reasoning behind drawing a line for discussion but you cannot deny such discussion in some cases. If a major, earthshattering event were to come happen, I think the policies should be overruled because there is reasonable defense against not speaking about them, if say something like 9/11 were to occur.

Especially now with the war in the middle east taking on new life and gaining momentum, sooner or later its going to start affecting EVERYONE, and i don't think discussion of something as important as that should be simply filtered out.

Just my 2 pesos.

Leave a comment:

• Archimedes Owl
    replied
    Originally posted by Nomad Broncofan
    Get rid of the ABF, Entertainment, Graphics and any other forum that doesn't pertain to Broncos and/or football. It's sad to have to go to that, but that is what people are saying here. And if politics and religion can't be talked about why have it in sig, plus why have the half naked men and women in sigs. All this material reflects on the Denver Broncos! Politics is part of all our lives unless you live in a cave and don't associate with the rest of the world, so why not talk about it and religion is a personal thing but more than one person has the same views, so why not talk about it. This is my personal opinion, but I think Admin and the Mods should clean up the sigs around here and keep this a family friendly board. Let's talk some football!
    If you'd like a sig to be cleaned up, please report which sigs you find inappropriate.

I've seen a couple of sigs of women that were scantily dressed as you'd find on the beach, but anyway, when you see a sig that you think goes too far, feel free to report the user and to explain that you're not too keen on their sig.

As for the idea of getting rid of non-Broncos or football forums, I don't think that anybody has ever suggested that we do that. We are all football fans, but a lot of us like to have a place to get to know eachother outside of football. Political and Religious threads were getting too heated, so the administration decided to outlaw them. I for one will miss them and I wish they hadn't, but this single and sole decision shouldn't be enough to outlaw ALL non-football topics.

As for politics in sigs, they are kind of like bumper stickers. We allow people to express their own views within the confines of their sigs. If their sigs have something truly offensive, that's still not allowed, but expressing yourself is. We don't get into raging debates about the opinions that people express in their sigs.

Lastly, if you have young children coming onto the board, and you find some of the sigs to be offensive, you may want to turn the sigs off. To do this, click on "User CP" then click on "Edit Options" on the left side of the window. Then scroll down to the "Thread Display Options". Within the thread display options, uncheck the box that says, "Show Signatures". You can also uncheck avatars there if some of them bother you.

Leave a comment:

• Nomad Broncofan
    replied
    Originally posted by Javalon
    Other message boards aren't representative of the Denver Broncos. Just like drunk people fighting at a Broncos game are tossed from the stadium, so too are posters/threads/topics on these forums tossed from the site when they get out of control.

The Broncos want their products, be it their games, websites, merchandise, etc., to be appropriate for fans of all ages and hopefully offend as few of them as possible.

This message board is designed to be mostly about the Broncos. If topics get heated about Plummer, that's okay because he's a Bronco and part of the reason the board exists.

P&R are not the purpose of the board. They were a bonus. Unfortunately, they seemed to get out of hand way too often and had the moderators spending far too much time dealing with them instead of more pertinent trouble spots like Plummer.

The mods' time is a limited resource. And if they have to choose where to focus their time and energy, it seems obvious to me on which area they would choose to concentrate their efforts.
    Get rid of the ABF, Entertainment, Graphics and any other forum that doesn't pertain to Broncos and/or football. It's sad to have to go to that, but that is what people are saying here. And if politics and religion can't be talked about why have it in sig, plus why have the half naked men and women in sigs. All this material reflects on the Denver Broncos! Politics is part of all our lives unless you live in a cave and don't associate with the rest of the world, so why not talk about it and religion is a personal thing but more than one person has the same views, so why not talk about it. This is my personal opinion, but I think Admin and the Mods should clean up the sigs around here and keep this a family friendly board. Let's talk some football!

Leave a comment:

• Charlie Brown
    replied
    Originally posted by ReleaseTheBeast7
    Since when was politics and religion profanity?

If you don't want the future of America to realize the meaning of religion, and find out what impact it can have on your life, then you're a very closed minded individual.

If you people are THAT worried about it, then maybe we should just make a seperate forum, and you have to be 18 years or older to get in.
    DawgFanatic was making a reference to AlWilson's complaint that this is a family oriented board. Wilson believes we should be allowed to curse and use profanity. DawgFanatic was responding to that. Not about politics and religion.

~~

Now, me, personally. I do with Politics was allowed again. But I agree with the Moderators opinion on religion. Religion is the cause of too many arguments and fights. Don't need it here. But I do wish Politics was allowed.

Leave a comment:

• champbronc2
    replied
    It's because then people hate eachother.

Leave a comment:

• Snk16
    replied
    The boards are a direct reflection of the Denver Broncos organization, and if it has profanity and bad stuff, then it is a poor reflection on the Denver Broncos.

Leave a comment:

• Archimedes Owl
    replied
    I agree with anybody that enjoyed political discussions in that they could be enlightening, that they could be good fun, and that they could erupt into arguments at times. To me, I loved the debates.

Still, that being said, there is an important difference between political and religious tension and the tension caused by the smack forum. The smack forum isn't really about insulting one another (In fact that illegal there as well). The smack forum is a place where we can partake in battles of wit about our favourite football teams.

And remember one thing. Football is only a game. Politics and religion are certainly more than just a game. When somebody feels that their favourite football team has been insulted, they may not like it, but when they feel that their religious or political beliefs have been insulted, let's just say that with most people, that means more to them. To people who espouse one religion or another, usually the religion means very much to them. They make choices that affect how they live their life based on their religion, people decide what they consider to be moral based on their religion. People choose their political affiliations based on what their core beliefs are. In both cases, when problems and disagreements erupt, well, it means a lot to people.

Still, I see the value in the type of forum that you guys have mentioned and I would help moderate such a forum, but as far as I know there is no plan for such a forum. Until there are, my best advice can only be to find a different forum for political and religious talk and come back to these boards for Broncos talk.

Leave a comment:

• topscribe
    replied
    Yes . . .

Originally posted by Javalon
    Other message boards aren't representative of the Denver Broncos. Just like drunk people fighting at a Broncos game are tossed from the stadium, so too are posters/threads/topics on these forums tossed from the site when they get out of control.

The Broncos want their products, be it their games, websites, merchandise, etc., to be appropriate for fans of all ages and hopefully offend as few of them as possible.

This message board is designed to be mostly about the Broncos. If topics get heated about Plummer, that's okay because he's a Bronco and part of the reason the board exists.

P&R are not the purpose of the board. They were a bonus. Unfortunately, they seemed to get out of hand way too often and had the moderators spending far too much time dealing with them instead of more pertinent trouble spots like Plummer.

The mods' time is a limited resource. And if they have to choose where to focus their time and energy, it seems obvious to me on which area they would choose to concentrate their efforts.
    You make a lot of sense, as usual, Jav. I enjoyed the P&R threads, as they call them, and I do miss them to a degree. However, the concern is the Big Picture, as it applies to the specific purpose of this message board.

-----

Leave a comment:

• y2cragie
    replied
    Hey AZ, thats a great sig pic, is that the Enterprise and carl vinson in procession?

Leave a comment:

• AZ Snake Fan
    replied
    --- Even though I am very concerned with current events, I agree with y2cragie, Javalon and LoyalSoldier !!!

--- This is the OFFICIAL Message Board of our Denver Broncos !!!

---

Leave a comment:

• LoyalSoldier
    replied
    Originally posted by alwilson91
    Yea, it's pretty funny, on other message boards you can swear and everything, talk about whatever you want. This message board wants to be politically correct I guess
    You do have to keep in mind this is the official board for the Denver Broncos. Anything that happens can fall back on to the team.

(Side note...4 bars! )

Leave a comment:

• Javalon
    replied
    Originally posted by alwilson91
    Yea, it's pretty funny, on other message boards you can swear and everything, talk about whatever you want. This message board wants to be politically correct I guess

Originally posted by Buff_bronc_fan
    I came because of the Broncos-- I stayed because of ABF and the discussions I would have... I haven't even ventured into the GD forum for more than 30 seconds in months... What's more pointless than off-season debates about who is better? And you wanna see ppl get heated-- Bring up Jake Plummer... Maybe we should ban discussion about JP to save the Mods time

Leave a comment:

• ReleaseTheBeast7
    replied
    Originally posted by Buff_bronc_fan
    Maybe we should ban discussion about JP to save the Mods time
    We actually should... We seem to get more heated when someone hates on our team rather than our religion anyway...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X