Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VBulletin 5.0 - Feedback, Glitches, Etc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok so I'm not the only one here that isn't able to post sig pics!

Can the Mods post a banner or something to let us all know when this issue has actually been resolved???

Comment

• Originally posted by Peanut View Post

I finally did this last night (I'll play around with my sigpic later. Baby steps). After I followed the directions, it still didn't show and I still could not see other members sigs. Under the same part, Conversation Detail Options, there is a check box next to Show Signatures. Mine was unchecked. Checked it and now I can see sigs.
      My boxes are all checked but still no visible sig pic.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mel B. View Post

My boxes are all checked but still no visible sig pic.
        Please look at posts #219, 223 and 224 on the previous page. For some reason, multi-quote isn't working.

As Rastic said, it's on the list.
        Administrator
        sigpic

#LupusAwareness

#TackleCancer - Adopted Bronco: Phillip Lindsay

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• Tech team is working through the list. It'll take them a few days.

Thanks for all the feedback.
          Administrator
          sigpic

#LupusAwareness

#TackleCancer - Adopted Bronco: Phillip Lindsay

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• Originally posted by Peanut View Post

I finally did this last night (I'll play around with my sigpic later. Baby steps). After I followed the directions, it still didn't show and I still could not see other members sigs. Under the same part, Conversation Detail Options, there is a check box next to Show Signatures. Mine was unchecked. Checked it and now I can see sigs.
            I used the same method as LM explains in post # 221.
            Works great and it's easy.
            After you wrap your url with img tags and hit "Save",
            it turns into SigPic
            Highlight each line, including your sig pic and hit "Center".
            We can only have 5 lines.
            👍

May God Bless all men and women of our Armed Forces, past and present
            The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing
            http://www.navyjack.info/history.html
            My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Snake Fan View Post

I used the same method as LM explains in post # 221.
              Works great and it's easy.
              After you wrap your url with img tags and hit "Save",
              it turns into SigPic
              Highlight each line, including your sig pic and hit "Center".
              We can only have 5 lines.
              👍

Thanks AZ, I was hoping the actual screenshot I posted there might help others, but...not really so far. At least it shows tech elves there's no image button except for Rastic and the mods maybe?

Fairy Godfather increased the character limit in the sig editor btw (thank you very much)!
              Last edited by L.M.; 10-13-2020, 09:33 PM.

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

• Originally posted by Rastic View Post

Something is strange then, I have the added group to the toolbar that includes images (youtube, strike through, twitter, mention, and image)

You are correct on this. The feature to upload an image as a sig is not enabled and would currently need to be hosted on an image sharing website. If we do get that feature back (I've asked) I suspect it will have limitations, i.e., images may have size and dimension limits.
                Originally posted by L.M. View Post

Thanks AZ, I was hoping the actual screenshot I posted there might help others, but...not really so far. At least it shows tech elves there's no image button except for Rastic and the mods maybe?

Fairy Godfather increased the character limit in the sig editor btw (thank you very much)!
                Actually, I hope we just keep it this way.
                If, like Rastic say, we have to use an image sharing service like before,
                we will lose all the high res images we can post now.
                Take for example your RIP Eddie Van Halen thread.
                Those images are awesome and really POP !!!
                I hope we don't have to use an image sharing service.
                We don't need no stinkin' image button !!!

It's just a problem for sig pics anyway.
                Perhaps we could make a step by step tutorial and the Mods could put it in FAQ ?
                I'd really hate to lose the image quality we have now.
                I've been able to post some long tables from the CDC site that came out great,
                If they were uploaded through an image sharing service, none of the details would be visible.

Thanks for the heads up on the character limit in the sig editor.
                It counts BB codes as characters so I was unable to do what I wanted,
                I'll work on that tomorrow.

Thanks again LM !!!
                👍
                Last edited by AZ Snake Fan; 10-13-2020, 11:10 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Snake Fan View Post

Actually, I hope we just keep it this way.
                  If, like Rastic say, we have to use an image sharing service like before,
                  we will lose all the high res images we can post now.
                  Take for example your RIP Eddie Van Halen thread.
                  Those images are awesome and really POP !!!
                  I hope we don't have to use an image sharing service.
                  We don't need no stinkin' image button !!!

It's just a problem for sig pics anyway.
                  Perhaps we could make a step by step tutorial and the Mods could put it in FAQ ?
                  I'd really hate to lose the image quality we have now.
                  I've been able to post some long tables from the CDC site that came out great,
                  If they were uploaded through an image sharing service, none of the details would be visible.

Thanks for the heads up on the character limit in the sig editor.
                  It counts BB codes as characters so I was unable to do what I wanted,
                  I'll work on that tomorrow.

Thanks again LM !!!
                  👍
                  Thanks pal!

The image button I'm referring to would be just like the one in the editor for regular posts. It simply makes the tags for people who don't want to type them or who don't understand basic BBCode.

I believe the old system had the option to upload images for both avatars and sigs OR the option to hotlink to images located elsewhere. I did the latter because I didn't like how the system reprocessed the image -it degraded quality. I never saw the option to upload images for regular posts though -those always had to be hot-linked from elsewhere, right? I imagine it will be the same in this new system.

My avatar still looks kind of rough and relatively blurry scaled down to 100x100 pixels -in contrast to how it was before. Are we going to have bigger ones, or size limits reestablished for the different ranks as before...I wonder? Is that possible?

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

• I have some outstanding items, but if they never got resolved, I would be fine as is.

Again, just my suggestion, if there are multiple outstanding issues/requests, I would use a project status approach, and list them on one page for us to refer to. It could just be comprised of :

ITEM / STATUS......perhaps to include a very brief description of the item itself. Status could simply say: being investigated, completed, or whatever suits.

This way we don't have to ask about older items (which is better for the mods as well), or read through all the posts. All in one place. Then this thread would become one for member discussion of in terms of tips on how to use, new items and nothing else.

Again, just a friendly suggestion.

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                      I have some outstanding items, but if they never got resolved, I would be fine as is.

Again, just my suggestion, if there are multiple outstanding issues/requests, I would use a project status approach, and list them on one page for us to refer to. It could just be comprised of :

ITEM / STATUS......perhaps to include a very brief description of the item itself. Status could simply say: being investigated, completed, or whatever suits.

This way we don't have to ask about older items (which is better for the mods as well), or read through all the posts. All in one place. Then this thread would become one for member discussion of in terms of tips on how to use, new items and nothing else.

Again, just a friendly suggestion.
                      Thanks for the idea but we are not going to maintain a public list.

Please take assurance that this thread is monitored and we are in communication with our tech team. When something is fixed we may or may not announce it, that is, some items are minor and likely not even noticed. Others, like sigs for example, may be announced when there is something to report.

Comment

• I was really hoping the update would include getting rid of the 50 sub forums nobody uses. Literally there’s some forums on here that nobody has posted in years, nobody is using them, let them die.

This place isn’t busy enough anymore to justify all the sub forums. Really there just needs to be 2 forums, “football related” and “non football related”

Comment

Thanks for the idea but we are not going to maintain a public list.

Please take assurance that this thread is monitored and we are in communication with our tech team. When something is fixed we may or may not announce it, that is, some items are minor and likely not even noticed. Others, like sigs for example, may be announced when there is something to report.
                          Your welcome and thanks.

Revised......Hmmmm...."You're". Do you ever misspell easy words?!
                          Last edited by CanDB; 10-14-2020, 05:58 PM.

Comment

Something is strange then, I have the added group to the toolbar that includes images (youtube, strike through, twitter, mention, and image)

You are correct on this. The feature to upload an image as a sig is not enabled and would currently need to be hosted on an image sharing website. If we do get that feature back (I've asked) I suspect it will have limitations, i.e., images may have size and dimension limits.
                            Originally posted by L.M. View Post

Thanks pal!

The image button I'm referring to would be just like the one in the editor for regular posts. It simply makes the tags for people who don't want to type them or who don't understand basic BBCode.

I believe the old system had the option to upload images for both avatars and sigs OR the option to hotlink to images located elsewhere. I did the latter because I didn't like how the system reprocessed the image -it degraded quality. I never saw the option to upload images for regular posts though -those always had to be hot-linked from elsewhere, right? I imagine it will be the same in this new system.

My avatar still looks kind of rough and relatively blurry scaled down to 100x100 pixels -in contrast to how it was before. Are we going to have bigger ones, or size limits reestablished for the different ranks as before...I wonder? Is that possible?

Yes, we had the option to hotlink, upload from device or just type in a wrapped url for avys and sigs.
                            I can't remember everything on the old text box, I always just typed in VIDEO or IMG wraps out of habit.

This new text box does have an image button on the top bar.
                            It's right between "Unlink" and "Insert Video", just to the left of the "Quote" tags.
                            I also noticed another one in the second bar just to the right of the "Tweet" and "Mention" wraps.
                            For my first attempt, I'm using the one in the top bar. (this is live time )

When you click on the "Image" button, an "Image Properties" box appears.
                            Just type in the url of your image into the top box (URL)
                            You have options to center and such.
                            For this attempt, I selected Alignment:None, Link Type: Default
                            I left everything else blank.

This is what I got:

Comment

• Now I'm going to try to upload an image using the box in the second row.
                              Clicked on it, same as "Image Properties' with top image box:
                              Here goes...

Comment

• I wonder if I can upload 2 images ? Or 3 ?...

Let's keep going...

Yep, the Image buttons work in the text box, all you have to do is add the URL folks !!!

Comment

Working...
                                X