Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VBulletin 5.0 - Feedback, Glitches, Etc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L.M.
    Rastic

AZ Snake Fan

Now I'm trying out my "ats"
    (Old saying on Twitter: "Don't at me man !"

May God Bless all men and women of our Armed Forces, past and present
    The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing
    http://www.navyjack.info/history.html
    My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe

Comment

• Originally posted by L.M.

Isn't uploading actually sending an image (transferring data) from your hard drive to the system? These are just linked to remote locations, the images aren't actually stored here.

Previously the limit for images in a post was five? And that included emojis! So that limit is gone now. I noticed we can post multiple videos in one post as well --used to be just one.
      Well excuse me for using the wrong techie term
      I just meant that I could type the url of my image into the "Image Properties" box
      and it would post a pic on a regular post. I knew they weren't stored here.
      Yes I'm glad the vid limits are gone. I sure do not want to go to a hosting service.
      There will be all the same limitations as before.

I see what you meant now; you would like to see a similar button in the Sig Edit function
      like the ones in the text box for regular posts. Well at least the Image Button in the new
      text box wraps the tags. Maybe someone will learn something from this.
      I sure do like the resolution we have now !!!

As far as sig pics, you couldn't have explained how to do it any easier for now.
      Folks who want to have sigs, they can find out how right in this thread.

Thanks LM !!!

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Snake Fan View Post

Well excuse me for using the wrong techie term
        I just meant that I could type the url of my image into the "Image Properties" box
        and it would post a pic on a regular post. I knew they weren't stored here.
        Yes I'm glad the vid limits are gone. I sure do not want to go to a hosting service.
        There will be all the same limitations as before.

I see what you meant now; you would like to see a similar button in the Sig Edit function
        like the ones in the text box for regular posts. Well at least the Image Button in the new
        text box wraps the tags. Maybe someone will learn something from this.
        I sure do like the resolution we have now !!!

As far as sig pics, you couldn't have explained how to do it any easier for now.
        Folks who want to have sigs, they can find out how right in this thread.

Thanks LM !!!
        I don't know how you quoted a post I deleted a while ago.

Today, another member asked me how to "upload" a sig on the assumption that I uploaded mine which I didn't. I was only nitpicking that term because it seems to be confusing others who are trying to get their sig up.

As for the image button...I noticed that my image host will pre-wrap the image tags for me if I select the BBCode option, so when I am hotlinking to my own images I don't need a button:

Last edited by L.M.; 10-15-2020, 10:43 PM.

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

• So this morning, my signature image is displaying as a text link. I went into the sig editor and the IMG tags had been changed to URL tags. I manually changed them back to IMG, saved it, and they are still URL!

Fairy Godfather? Tech elves?

Comment

• But AZ's is displaying so I checked its image location and it's:

https://forums.denverbroncos.com/fil...=4890&sigpic=1

His got uploaded to this server?

Comment

• Originally posted by L.M. View Post
              But AZ's is displaying so I checked its image location and it's:

[ATTACH]n4890[/ATTACH]

In order to remove the duplicate BB code for image I had to remove it globally which is what allowed it on the signature generator. Currently activating image BB codes on a more granular level. You should have an update on pending revisions from Moderators and Admins thus far once we have had a chance to work through the current list. Thank you for your patience.

Comment

• Originally posted by TechTeam View Post

In order to remove the duplicate BB code for image I had to remove it globally which is what allowed it on the signature generator. Currently activating image BB codes on a more granular level. You should have an update on pending revisions from Moderators and Admins thus far once we have had a chance to work through the current list. Thank you for your patience.
                Hello Tech Team!

Comment

So this morning, my signature image is displaying as a text link. I went into the sig editor and the IMG tags had been changed to URL tags. I manually changed them back to IMG, saved it, and they are still URL! ​​

Fairy Godfather? Tech elves?
                  Looks like you got them to stay IMG...

Originally posted by L.M. View Post
                  But AZ's is displaying so I checked its image location and it's:

[ATTACH]n4890[/ATTACH]

Originally posted by TechTeam View Post

~~~
                  I am going to try to re-create how I "uploaded" my sig pic and make this as easy as I can for you all:

This is my code now: If you are planning to try this at home, hit the "Source" button at the top left corner, copy and save your code somewhere.

​​​

Now I will cut out my code:

​​​

Now I will hit the first button on the left at the top: "Upload Attachments"

​​​​​​

Now I select "Upload Attachments" in white at the bottom.
                  Go to the file on your device, highlight it and hit "Open"
                  After you select the image in your file, a "Thumbnail" and 'Remove"
                  link next to preview image will appear:

​​​​​

If you hit "Remove", your image will be deleted.
                  If you hit "Thumbnail", it will post as a sig pic It will also
                  Give you thumbnail,small, medium, large, and full size options.
                  ​​​
                  Manually edit out the SigPic that you don't want.
                  You can preview the pics by toggling back and forth
                  with the "Source" button. When you have the pic you
                  want, paste back in your source code for your text:

Double check by toggling the Source button (Highlighted in top left corner:
                  This is with the Source button off:

If you like it, click the "save" tab.
                  You can only have 5 lines, Sig counts as one line.
                  If your lines overlap they may count as extra lines.
                  1000 character limit. If you use too many wraps
                  you may go over the limit, It counts all your BBcodes
                  as characters. It won't let you "save" until you comply
                  and it will tell you why.

After you've saved your sig and are not completely
                  happy with it, don't worry, just go back to the sig
                  editor and re-edit. Sig Edit is on your accounts page.

Last edited by AZ Snake Fan; 10-15-2020, 06:40 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Snake Fan View Post

Now I will hit the first button on the left at the top: "Upload Attachments"

​​​​​​
                    Is that new??? How did I miss that!?? To be clear, there are three buttons on the top, far right, and it is the first of the three.

I owe you, and everyone else an apology.

I now see that this same button for uploading attachments is ALSO there for regular posts which means... that members can upload imagery to this server to their hearts' content, without any limits? This was restricted before to avatars and sigs only and with size limits -- presumably to prevent taking on the burden of lots of members' data? Maybe such limits are no longer necessary and it all goes into the vast Cloud now? SMH

Double check by toggling the Source button (Highlighted in top left corner:
                    This is with the Source button off:

So it doesn't actually show your signature image, just a pair of SIGPIC tags with nothing in between them??? That's weird.

Comment

Is that new??? How did I miss that!?? To be clear, there are three buttons on the top, far right, and it is the first of the three.

I owe you, and everyone else an apology.

I now see that this same button for uploading attachments is ALSO there for regular posts which means... that members can upload imagery to this server to their hearts' content, without any limits? This was restricted before to avatars and sigs only and with size limits -- presumably to prevent taking on the burden of lots of members' data? Maybe such limits are no longer necessary and it all goes into the vast Cloud now? SMH

So it doesn't actually show your signature image, just a pair of SIGPIC tags with nothing in between them??? That's weird.
                      Play with it, When you first upload your image, you will see it.
                      If you hit any options like large or small etc. it will show them also.
                      Once you hit save it turns into SIGPIC.

Then, if you go back to sig edit, at first it shows the image and text.
                      Then hit the source button and it will show the code.
                      Then hit the source button again and it will show [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] and your text.
                      Yeah, weird

Comment

• c

Last edited by AZ Snake Fan; 10-16-2020, 12:02 AM.

Comment

I just attempted to use this button in a post here and while it let me upload a bunch of images (I added TWENTY! ), and successfully preview them, I got this error message when I clicked Post Reply:
                          "You are not authorized to create or remove attachments."

So why is the button even here? Is it a mod-only tool?

Comment

• We got a bunch of nice people on this Message board!
                            Thanks for helping me with my Sig! Rastic, L.M. and AZ. (My Sig is supposed to work, but it doesn't automatically show up, I still have to copy and paste the code to each post for it to work.
                            Last edited by Capt. Jack; 10-16-2020, 06:46 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
                              We got a bunch of nice people on this Message board!
                              Thanks for helping me with my Sig! Rastic, L.M. and AZ. (My Sig is supposed to work, but it doesn't automatically show up, I still have to copy and paste the code to each post for it to work.
                              Yo Cap, if we can help just a few folks out, it's worth it. The Mods are overworked and underpaid.
                              You can go back to sig edit and align your sig to "center" if you like. You can also add text below
                              and center that text if you wish. Good job on getting your sig posted, that's a very nice sig !!!

Originally posted by L.M. View Post

I just attempted to use this button in a post here and while it let me upload a bunch of images (I added TWENTY! ), and successfully preview them, I got this error message when I clicked Post Reply:
                              "You are not authorized to create or remove attachments."

So why is the button even here? Is it a mod-only tool?
                              Are you talking about the image button or the attachment button ?
                              The attachment upload only works for me in sig edit.
                              I get the same message in the regular post text box and Rastic is aware of that.
                              The image button works fine in regular posts

https://forums.denverbroncos.com/for...43#post8329643

https://forums.denverbroncos.com/for...50#post8329650

https://forums.denverbroncos.com/for...58#post8329658

https://forums.denverbroncos.com/for...62#post8329662

Comment

• Can we get a "last" link on the first link area to get into a thread?

It seems the quickest way to get to the current posts is to click on a thread and then scroll to the bottom and there will be a link with a number representing the "last" page or current posts.

Maybe another option would be to get that link at the top of the first page?
                                Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Working...
                                X