Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VBulletin 5.0 - Feedback, Glitches, Etc.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by RunYouOver View Post
    FYI, you should now be able to see who has liked your posts, if I did that correctly.
    It's not displaying the full name, the popup window is too small:



    Using Windows 10, Google Chrome.

    Also note in the screencap that some users like myself have white surrounding their rank status, but some like broncolee and Frenchy above, don't. Visual glitch?

    And we are missing the hammer emoji.


    Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

    Comment


    • Originally posted by L.M. View Post

      It's not displaying the full name, the popup window is too small:



      Using Windows 10, Google Chrome.

      Also note in the screencap that some users like myself have white surrounding their rank status, but some like broncolee and Frenchy above, don't. Visual glitch?

      And we are missing the hammer emoji.
      It looks like that's a feature of being maxed out as a Football Immortal on the CP system...

      I'm sure this has been asked a million times, are likes going to contribute to the rank system going forward? Will there continue to be a rank system?
      :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

      sigpic
      Adopted Bronco 2015 CJ Anderson

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Frenchy180 View Post

        It looks like that's a feature of being maxed out as a Football Immortal on the CP system...

        I'm sure this has been asked a million times, are likes going to contribute to the rank system going forward? Will there continue to be a rank system?
        Bronco51 is a Captain and he has the same thing as I do.

        Ranks and CP's still exist and likes are equal to the amount of CP's we could give out before, but I don't think there's any limit to the amount of likes we can give per day, not yet anyway.

        Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

        Comment


        • Originally posted by L.M. View Post

          Bronco51 is a Captain and he has the same thing as I do.

          Ranks and CP's still exist and likes are equal to the amount of CP's we could give out before, but I don't think there's any limit to the amount of likes we can give per day, not yet anyway.
          I don't know why the dots are surrounded by white. It wasn't like that right after I fixed it. I'll see if I can change it tomorrow.

          People need to log out and then log back in for the dots to show correctly.
          Administrator
          sigpic

          #LupusAwareness

          #TackleCancer - Adopted Bronco: Phillip Lindsay

          "a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Peanut View Post

            I don't know why the dots are surrounded by white. It wasn't like that right after I fixed it. I'll see if I can change it tomorrow.

            People need to log out and then log back in for the dots to show correctly.
            I tried that and it didn't remove the white.

            I noticed another thing I'd never seen here before. See post #12 in the Fields/Lawrence thread. Nested within and underneath it are additional comments designated posts #12.1, #12.2, and #12.3. How did that happen?


            Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

            Comment


            • Originally posted by L.M. View Post

              I tried that and it didn't remove the white.

              I noticed another thing I'd never seen here before. See post #12 in the Fields/Lawrence thread. Nested within and underneath it are additional comments designated posts #12.1, #12.2, and #12.3. How did that happen?
              The white is part of the image itself. In order for this to be fixed all the image variants have to be changed with either the same background color or, better, with a transparency.

              Added to the list :thumb: (<-- bring back the thumbs up!!)

              Comment


              • Originally posted by L.M. View Post

                It's not displaying the full name, the popup window is too small:



                Using Windows 10, Google Chrome.

                Also note in the screencap that some users like myself have white surrounding their rank status, but some like broncolee and Frenchy above, don't. Visual glitch?

                And we are missing the hammer emoji.
                This is a known issue. You can see the problem because you can now see who liked your post.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Rastic View Post

                  The white is part of the image itself. In order for this to be fixed all the image variants have to be changed with either the same background color or, better, with a transparency.

                  Added to the list :thumb: (<-- bring back the thumbs up!!)
                  Is there any particular reason we are using this one and not the one that we started with, which is still displaying? When I hover my cursor over it a pop up states the rank.



                  Was this one just not fixable or something? Is it going to be removed? I like its orange color -I wish we could have used it. It also allows the rank of the staff to be seen.

                  Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by L.M. View Post

                    Is there any particular reason we are using this one and not the one that we started with, which is still displaying? When I hover my cursor over it a pop up states the rank.



                    Was this one just not fixable or something? Is it going to be removed? I like its orange color -I wish we could have used it. It also allows the rank of the staff to be seen.
                    I don't really know.

                    One has (or at least had) to do with rank, the other with reputation status - I think. The rank seems clear, the other... not so much. If they are practically redundant or the update renders one somewhat obsolete, I'd prefer to remove it.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Rastic View Post

                      I don't really know.

                      One has (or at least had) to do with rank, the other with reputation status - I think. The rank seems clear, the other... not so much. If they are practically redundant or the update renders one somewhat obsolete, I'd prefer to remove it.
                      What's the difference between rank and rep status? It has ten little bars which correspond to the ten achievable ranks. It has displayed that correctly for some people but not for most. Maybe it's just too buggy for the techs? I do like the rank pop-up --at least that's been correct for everyone.

                      Is there any reason why mods have their rank circles covered over with the staff badge? Couldn't this label simply be placed below the rank indicator?

                      Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by L.M. View Post

                        I tried that and it didn't remove the white.

                        I noticed another thing I'd never seen here before. See post #12 in the Fields/Lawrence thread. Nested within and underneath it are additional comments designated posts #12.1, #12.2, and #12.3. How did that happen?
                        I meant that it would correct the number of dots, not the white. Like, Bronco51 would have 5 blue when he logs back in. I have no idea why the white is there.

                        I have an idea about the additional comments.

                        EDIT: Well, that didn't work. Where did it go? LM, did I just send you a PM?
                        Last edited by Peanut; 10-21-2020, 03:37 PM.
                        Administrator
                        sigpic

                        #LupusAwareness

                        #TackleCancer - Adopted Bronco: Phillip Lindsay

                        "a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

                        Comment


                        • I am not asking any longer for a project status report, but I still believe there is merit in providing us "customers" with an occasional update with new solutions, or even things of interest. I was not going to rush back here (because I am ok with the upgrade as is) but I am still a bit interested in the things I asked about, and in things others have jotted down. I just think it saves us all time if periodic updates are provided....as long it is worthwhile info and easy to post. Not trying to add work to anyone, rather possibly reducing everyone's effort.

                          Thanks.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                            I am not asking any longer for a project status report, but I still believe there is merit in providing us "customers" with an occasional update with new solutions, or even things of interest. I was not going to rush back here (because I am ok with the upgrade as is) but I am still a bit interested in the things I asked about, and in things others have jotted down. I just think it saves us all time if periodic updates are provided....as long it is worthwhile info and easy to post. Not trying to add work to anyone, rather possibly reducing everyone's effort.

                            Thanks.
                            Can, as you were told before, where there is something of significance, we'll give an update, maybe. Please don't be pushy on this issue.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Kyousukeneko

                              It was another thread then became sub posts after being merged
                              Ohhhh, that is helpful! Thanks for that.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by L.M. View Post
                                I noticed another thing I'd never seen here before. See post #12 in the Fields/Lawrence thread. Nested within and underneath it are additional comments designated posts #12.1, #12.2, and #12.3. How did that happen?
                                LM, I think this is fixed. Something happened when a post was moved. I believe this is corrected.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X