Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VBulletin 5.0 - Feedback, Glitches, Etc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rastic View Post

Try forcing your browser to refresh content.
    • Mac: Hold ⇧ Shift and click the Reload button. Or, hold down ⌘ Cmd and ⇧ Shift key and then press R.
    • PC / Linux: Hold down Ctrl and click the Reload button.
      Or, Hold down Ctrl and press F5.
    I'm in!
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by L.M. View Post
      No more signatures? Tiny avatars? No CP's? So Locker Room, HOF, Football Immortals open to all now? Grey with blue social media buttons, are we the Lions?

YUCK to this so-called "upgrade"!
      Sure, not everyone's cup of tea... but the mobile site is light years better!

Not sure about sigs. I'll check.

Comment

In a way I enjoyed the CP rank system as it had nice perks with larger avys and hidden forums and such as members were rewarded for their contributions. Whether it was solid posts, good threads, helping someone figure something out, making sigs or avys - all of these things are what I used to do to 'earn' CP. I also enjoyed negs - when used appropriately.

But at the end of the day, it's a message board - and I guess I could care less if someone is an immortal or a newbie as long as we can have good conversation. The like button is a nice quick touch to show someone that you enjoyed their post, so that's nice.

Comment

Signatures are still part of the system and user profiles Settings > Account has the option to turn viewing signatures on or off however showing, creating, editing is not available. We'll check further on this.

Social media buttons show orange and blue for me. Earlier they were grey and blue. Looks like this was updated.

Comment

Originally posted by Peerless View Post
            In a way I enjoyed the CP rank system as it had nice perks with larger avys and hidden forums and such as members were rewarded for their contributions. Whether it was solid posts, good threads, helping someone figure something out, making sigs or avys - all of these things are what I used to do to 'earn' CP. I also enjoyed negs - when used appropriately.

But at the end of the day, it's a message board - and I guess I could care less if someone is an immortal or a newbie as long as we can have good conversation. The like button is a nice quick touch to show someone that you enjoyed their post, so that's nice.
            CPs (honor system)

10char

Comment

Signatures are still part of the system and user profiles Settings > Account has the option to turn viewing signatures on or off however showing, creating, editing is not available. We'll check further on this.

Social media buttons show orange and blue for me. Earlier they were grey and blue. Looks like this was updated.
              Signatures. Looks like if you had one you still do. Creating, editing, or deleting on the other hand..

Comment

Ranks are still here --when I hover the cursor over the status bar just beneath a member's name, a little pop-up happens which says "is a Football Immortal" or "is a Starter". But what does rank mean now, and what does it give you? Are the hidden sections still restricted to those who are below rank? And how is it earned? With "likes"? How many points is a "like" worth? Is a "like" from a Football Immortal worth more points than one from a Benchwarmer?

My avatar looks so bad reduced -can we have ones a bit larger than it is now ,,,which is what? Only 20 pixels wide?

Friends are now "subscribers". Why?

My profile pic of John Lynch is gone, my avatar (larger) is there instead.

The thumbs up emoji is gone and just displays the code -just noticed that in the Song Title Game.

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

Ranks are still here --when I hover the cursor over the status bar just beneath a member's name, a little pop-up happens which says "is a Football Immortal" or "is a Starter". But what does rank mean now, and what does it give you? Are the hidden sections still restricted to those who are below rank? And how is it earned? With "likes"? How many points is a "like" worth? Is a "like" from a Football Immortal worth more points than one from a Benchwarmer?

My avatar looks so bad reduced -can we have ones a bit larger than it is now ,,,which is what? Only 20 pixels wide?

Friends are now "Subscribers". Why?

My profile pic of John Lynch is gone, my avatar (larger) is there instead.

The thumbs up emoji is gone and just displays the code -just noticed that in the Song Title Game.

L.M.
                  Ranks - yeah, with the CP system gone or neutered, the ranking system seems of less value and affects access to areas like LR and other places as well as avatar size.

Friends and Subscribers. I always thought that was synonymous. You don't call your friends Subscribers?
                  Actually, my suspicion is that may be the default was this version of the software labels it. More focus on connection than relationship (hence more social media integration). It's a guess, but it's my guess and I'm sticking to it.

There has been some problem with the emojis. Some have been resolved. I hope the thumbs up and lombardi come back. I even wanted a Tebow icon for trolling. I was voted down I think.
                  Last edited by Rastic; 10-08-2020, 05:57 PM.

Comment

Signatures:
                    (From https://forums.denverbroncos.com/hel..._signature_new)

How do I edit my signature?

You can set and change your signature by going to your username in the upper right corner > click to get the drop down > select User Settings. On that page, select the Account tab and then go down to the area that says "Conversation Detail Options". On the right side, you will see the option "Edit Post Signature". If you click that link, you will get a popup editor that will allow you to enter/edit your signature.

This option may be disabled by the Administrator. The Administrator may also have restrictions on how many lines or characters may be in the signature.
                    The icon is small and just below the "Show Avatars" check box. Look for the icon that resembles a fountain pen nib.
                    Last edited by Rastic; 10-08-2020, 10:48 AM.

Comment

L.M.
                      Ranks - yeah, with the CP system gone or neutered, the ranking system seems of less value and affects access to areas like LR and other places as well as avatar size.

Friends and Friends. I always thought that was synonymous. You don't call your friends Friends?
                      Actually, my suspicion is that may be the default was this version of the software labels it. More focus on connection than relationship (hence more social media integration). It's a guess, but it's my guess and I'm sticking to it.

There has been some problem with the emojis. Some have been resolved. I hope the thumbs up and lombardi come back. I even wanted a Tebow icon for trolling. I was voted down I think.
                      I wrote: Friends are "subscribers" =subscribers? Why did it/you quote something else?

Signatures. Looks like if you had one you still do. Creating, editing, or deleting on the other hand..
                      An edit option opened when I enabled sigs but there's no image button in there.

So I thought I would add my sig pic to a regular post, copy the code, then paste it into the sig editor, but I got:

"Your signature contains too many lines and must be shortened. You may only have up to 5 line(s). Long text may have been implicitly wrapped, causing it to be counted as multiple lines."

Comment

No more signatures? Tiny avatars? No CP's? So Locker Room, HOF, Football Immortals open to all now? Grey with blue social media buttons, are we the Lions?

YUCK to this so-called "upgrade"!
                        Exactly my thoughts too. What a massive bummer.
                        To infinity...and beyond.

Comment

I wrote: Friends are "subscribers" =subscribers? Why did it/you quote something else?

An edit option opened when I enabled sigs but there's no image button in there.

So I thought I would add my sig pic to a regular post, copy the code, then paste it into the sig editor, but I got:

"Your signature contains too many lines and must be shortened. You may only have up to 5 line(s). Long text may have been implicitly wrapped, causing it to be counted as multiple lines."
                          Haha, I have no idea why it did that. It should have read friends and subscribers. Creepy weird.

Try wrapping the URL of the image with img tags.

Comment

Looking at the FAQs the like button sounds analogous to a CP. If that is true then rank should follow and grow with more likes.

Comment

Haha, I have no idea why it did that. It should have read friends and subscribers. Creepy weird.

Try wrapping the URL of the image with img tags.
                              I did. I copied the code for this:

into the sig editor and got the "too many lines" message. It's counting the code for the image above and for the text below it (Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016)as being beyond a small limit, more than "five lines" total.

Comment

Originally posted by Lumiere View Post

Exactly my thoughts too. What a massive bummer.
                                "If it aint broken..." proverb keeps repeating in my brain. Same thing recently happened to the comment section at MHR. But it's great for the smart phones --that's the higher priority now. This culture...(((sigh))) with the advent of social media and smart phones a zombie apocalypse happened --everyone walking around (or driving) is staring down at their screens.

Comment

Working...
                                X