Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VBulletin 5.0 - Feedback, Glitches, Etc.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by CanDB View Post
    I am not asking any longer for a project status report, but I still believe there is merit in providing us "customers" with an occasional update with new solutions, or even things of interest. I was not going to rush back here (because I am ok with the upgrade as is) but I am still a bit interested in the things I asked about, and in things others have jotted down. I just think it saves us all time if periodic updates are provided....as long it is worthwhile info and easy to post. Not trying to add work to anyone, rather possibly reducing everyone's effort.

    Thanks.
    As Rastic said, we will post updates as things happen. And we have posted updates. RYO, Rastic and I have done so.
    Administrator
    sigpic

    #LupusAwareness

    #TackleCancer - Adopted Bronco: Phillip Lindsay

    "a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Peanut View Post

      As Rastic said, we will post updates as things happen. And we have posted updates. RYO, Rastic and I have done so.
      I do appreciate your response.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Rastic View Post

        LM, I think this is fixed. Something happened when a post was moved. I believe this is corrected.
        Aww and here I thought I had discovered a neat new feature! Darn it all to heck!

        Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

        Comment


        • I am not sure if this has been posted, but as of today I see names when I click on "the number of likes". That's good. Maybe it's just my set up, but I only see the first 2 or so letters of the sender's name. Not a biggee, cuz I think I can figure it out in all cases.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by CanDB View Post
            I am not sure if this has been posted, but as of today I see names when I click on "the number of likes". That's good. Maybe it's just my set up, but I only see the first 2 or so letters of the sender's name. Not a biggee, cuz I think I can figure it out in all cases.
            I actually posted a screencap of this issue in post 271 a couple days ago, and the mods have been aware of it for a while.

            I can recognize some of the likes based on the avatar but lots of people don't have an avatar. And the default avatar is not minimizing and displaying at all.

            Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

            Comment


            • Originally posted by CanDB View Post
              I am not sure if this has been posted, but as of today I see names when I click on "the number of likes". That's good. Maybe it's just my set up, but I only see the first 2 or so letters of the sender's name. Not a biggee, cuz I think I can figure it out in all cases.
              Originally posted by L.M. View Post

              It's not displaying the full name, the popup window is too small:

              ​​

              Using Windows 10, Google Chrome.

              Also note in the screencap that some users like myself have white surrounding their rank status, but some like broncolee and Frenchy above, don't. Visual glitch?

              And we are missing the hammer emoji.
              Originally posted by Rastic View Post

              This is a known issue. You can see the problem because you can now see who liked your post.
              Yes, we are aware. This has been an issue even before you were able to finally see who liked your posts. The tech team has been made aware of this.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by L.M. View Post

                I actually posted a screencap of this issue in post 271 a couple days ago, and the mods have been aware of it for a while.

                I can recognize some of the likes based on the avatar but lots of people don't have an avatar. And the default avatar is not minimizing and displaying at all.
                Thx for that pal. I admit I am not viewing this thread regularly. Good work!

                Comment


                • Originally posted by L.M. View Post

                  What's the difference between rank and rep status? It has ten little bars which correspond to the ten achievable ranks. It has displayed that correctly for some people but not for most. Maybe it's just too buggy for the techs? I do like the rank pop-up --at least that's been correct for everyone.

                  Is there any reason why mods have their rank circles covered over with the staff badge? Couldn't this label simply be placed below the rank indicator?
                  I have no idea. At least we have the orange bars.

                  Originally posted by L.M. View Post

                  I actually posted a screencap of this issue in post 271 a couple days ago, and the mods have been aware of it for a while.

                  I can recognize some of the likes based on the avatar but lots of people don't have an avatar. And the default avatar is not minimizing and displaying at all.
                  I don't know if this is an admin/mod thing or not, but I can click on the avatar and it takes me to their profile page.
                  Administrator
                  sigpic

                  #LupusAwareness

                  #TackleCancer - Adopted Bronco: Phillip Lindsay

                  "a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Peanut View Post

                    I have no idea. At least we have the orange bars.



                    I don't know if this is an admin/mod thing or not, but I can click on the avatar and it takes me to their profile page.
                    I'm able to do that too.

                    Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Peanut View Post
                      I think I have the blue dots fixed. If someone Captain or above could log out and then log back in, I would appreciate it. Thanks.

                      Please let it work.

                      We are working on other things. I just wanted to tackle something easy.

                      Originally posted by L.M. View Post

                      Bronco51 is a Captain and he has the same thing as I do.


                      Originally posted by Rastic View Post

                      The white is part of the image itself. In order for this to be fixed all the image variants have to be changed with either the same background color or, better, with a transparency.

                      Added to the list :thumb: (<-- bring back the thumbs up!!)
                      👍 to all you Mods !!!

                      (Captains and above get the white background if they log out and then log back in ? Maybe ? )


                      <KC
                      We need one of these for KC, LA and NE but you can put it towards the end of the "list".

                      May God Bless all men and women of our Armed Forces, past and present
                      The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing
                      http://www.navyjack.info/history.html
                      My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by L.M. View Post

                        What's the difference between rank and rep status? It has ten little bars which correspond to the ten achievable ranks. It has displayed that correctly for some people but not for most. Maybe it's just too buggy for the techs? I do like the rank pop-up --at least that's been correct for everyone.

                        Is there any reason why mods have their rank circles covered over with the staff badge? Couldn't this label simply be placed below the rank indicator?
                        I could be wrong but I think the staff did not have the dots on the old site either.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by L.M. View Post

                          I'm able to do that too.
                          Can you see who liked other members' posts? Just curious.

                          Originally posted by AZ Snake Fan View Post






                          👍 to all you Mods !!!

                          (Captains and above get the white background if they log out and then log back in ? Maybe ? )


                          <KC
                          We need one of these for KC, LA and NE but you can put it towards the end of the "list".
                          We'll see what we can do.

                          Administrator
                          sigpic

                          #LupusAwareness

                          #TackleCancer - Adopted Bronco: Phillip Lindsay

                          "a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Peanut View Post

                            Can you see who liked other members' posts? Just curious.



                            We'll see what we can do.
                            I can!

                            Another forum I visit recently upgraded their system too and also uses likes. They are displayed at the bottom of posts:



                            The first three are openly displayed, and if I click on "2 others" it opens a central popup:



                            So maybe it's just a matter of repositioning where this stuff is displayed to resolve any issues.

                            Also the total likes are recorded at the profile page and a few other places? Can we have that and our CP totals?








                            Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

                            Comment


                            • I cannot edit Post #11 in the Gameday thread in which I posted two tweets.

                              It just goes to a blank reply window where I don't see the tweets, and when I clicked the source button there's no code either.

                              Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by L.M. View Post
                                I cannot edit Post #11 in the Gameday thread in which I posted two tweets.

                                It just goes to a blank reply window where I don't see the tweets, and when I clicked the source button there's no code either.
                                Thanks LM, this was reported this past week to the tech team.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X