Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VBulletin 5.0 - Feedback, Glitches, Etc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I apologize if this has already been covered but I went through several pages and didn't see anything about it so.....

Whenever i post after i hit send, at the bottom of my post it display's "8.5.2" that i have to edit out every time. i'm assuming this is the software version and not intended? 8.5.2

EDIT: ^^ I left it in this time so you can see.
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Rastic View Post
      The birthday calendar is not enabled right now. There are concerns the tech team has with user information security if in remember correctly.

Maybe Peanut can speak further to this.
      You remember correctly. I mentioned it in this thread when Can asked about the calendar.

The reason for the upgrade / changeover is because of security issues. There was concerns about the old site being hacked and information stolen, birthdays being one of them. The empty calendar is a VB5 feature. Before the changeover, I copied all the birthdays and was going to manually put them in the calendar, but thought I should get the okay from our contact from the Broncos, since that was one of the concerns. I've been busy so I have not mentioned it to him, yet.

Originally posted by baphamet View Post
      I apologize if this has already been covered but I went through several pages and didn't see anything about it so.....

Whenever i post after i hit send, at the bottom of my post it display's "8.5.2" that i have to edit out every time. i'm assuming this is the software version and not intended? 8.5.2

EDIT: ^^ I left it in this time so you can see.
      Thank you for trying to find the answer. I don't think we've come across that situation before. And I have no idea why it's doing that. We'll put it on our list. Thanks.

Happy birthday, L.M. !
      Administrator
      sigpic

#LupusAwareness

#TackleCancer - Adopted Bronco: Phillip Lindsay

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• Originally posted by Peanut View Post

You remember correctly. I mentioned it in this thread when Can asked about the calendar.

The reason for the upgrade / changeover is because of security issues. There was concerns about the old site being hacked and information stolen, birthdays being one of them. The empty calendar is a VB5 feature. Before the changeover, I copied all the birthdays and was going to manually put them in the calendar, but thought I should get the okay from our contact from the Broncos, since that was one of the concerns. I've been busy so I have not mentioned it to him, yet.

Thank you for trying to find the answer. I don't think we've come across that situation before. And I have no idea why it's doing that. We'll put it on our list. Thanks.

Happy birthday, L.M. !
        Thanks, Peanut! All I really wanted today was a Broncos victory, and somehow, it happened!

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

• Originally posted by L.M. View Post

Thanks, Peanut! All I really wanted today was a Broncos victory, and somehow, it happened!
          Can it be your birthday every week? I'll bring the cake.
          Administrator
          sigpic

#LupusAwareness

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• I'm starting to think it might be one of my chrome extensions doing it, I will let you know if I figure it out.
            sigpic

Comment

Can it be your birthday every week? I'll bring the cake.
              Sure, why not, and who doesn't like cake? I just turned 50 so we'll celebrate my 63rd birthday when we get to the Superbowl! Seems like a fair trade!

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

• All in all, I like this new system better. I am ok with "likes", given we know who sent them. If it could be done, I do think it would be better to have limits, but at the end of the day, do as you feel. I am really ok with no negs or dislikes. In fact, this board seems a little more civil of late. So what if we don't care for some posts? You can quote them and disagree, or if it's a bigger issue, you can flag them. And in my opinion, some negative feedback was more about the poster and not the post, and as I recall, we are only to attack the post.

We can still pm. And the notification/message center keeps us aware of current interactions, thereby allowing us to instantly see if our posts are being responded to. Saves a little time.

I am not too fussy on design, so maybe I am not helping much to try to find "glitches", but luckily we have others here who notice these things, and share their thoughts/ideas. It's all good.

So thanks to everyone involved, because I am enjoying the process and the overall environment.

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                  All in all, I like this new system better. I am ok with "likes", given we know who sent them. If it could be done, I do think it would be better to have limits, but at the end of the day, do as you feel. I am really ok with no negs or dislikes. In fact, this board seems a little more civil of late. So what if we don't care for some posts? You can quote them and disagree, or if it's a bigger issue, you can flag them. And in my opinion, some negative feedback was more about the poster and not the post, and as I recall, we are only to attack the post.

We can still pm. And the notification/message center keeps us aware of current interactions, thereby allowing us to instantly see if our posts are being responded to. Saves a little time.

I am not too fussy on design, so maybe I am not helping much to try to find "glitches", but luckily we have others here who notice these things, and share their thoughts/ideas. It's all good.

So thanks to everyone involved, because I am enjoying the process and the overall environment.
                  We appreciate your feedback.

We are still working on some issues. Our admin / mod panels are different than the other version so it's like relearning a few things.

Can, I did find out that the PM limits are the same as the old version. The specifics can be found here:

https://forums.denverbroncos.com/for...status-feature

Administrator
                  sigpic

#LupusAwareness

Comment

We appreciate your feedback.

We are still working on some issues. Our admin / mod panels are different than the other version so it's like relearning a few things.

Can, I did find out that the PM limits are the same as the old version. The specifics can be found here:

https://forums.denverbroncos.com/for...status-feature
                    Thank you!

Comment

• This is not a new thing, but can you expand the default time for being logged in? I know you can check off "remember me", but I forget and walk away, so being logged in all day doesn't make sense. But only if you can change the default length easily, and if others think it's a good idea.

Comment

This is not a new thing, but can you expand the default time for being logged in? I know you can check off "remember me", but I forget and walk away, so being logged in all day doesn't make sense. But only if you can change the default length easily, and if others think it's a good idea.
                        I've never looked for a default time panel so I'm not sure if it's something we can change (I will check later). Being logged in all day might not make sense, but it doesn't hurt anything (if I'm not mistaken). I know some members never log off.
                        Administrator
                        sigpic

#LupusAwareness

Comment

I've never looked for a default time panel so I'm not sure if it's something we can change (I will check later). Being logged in all day might not make sense, but it doesn't hurt anything (if I'm not mistaken). I know some members never log off.
                          Thx for that.

Comment

This is not a new thing, but can you expand the default time for being logged in? I know you can check off "remember me", but I forget and walk away, so being logged in all day doesn't make sense. But only if you can change the default length easily, and if others think it's a good idea.
                            Sorry, but the feature you are looking for is the "remember me" check box. The security puts the responsibility solely on the user whether to stay logged in or not by that check box. If you close your browser without checking that box you log yourself out.

Comment

All in all, I like this new system better. I am ok with "likes", given we know who sent them. If it could be done, I do think it would be better to have limits, but at the end of the day, do as you feel. I am really ok with no negs or dislikes. In fact, this board seems a little more civil of late. So what if we don't care for some posts? You can quote them and disagree, or if it's a bigger issue, you can flag them. And in my opinion, some negative feedback was more about the poster and not the post, and as I recall, we are only to attack the post.

Further to....I like that this upgrade allows us to edit our thread "Title" as well, which is something we could not do before, unless we asked a mod to change it for us. This may be a small one, but it's a good one.

Comment

• This may be old news but in somes cases I can respond to two or more quotes and in others, only one.

Comment

Working...
                                X