Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VBulletin 5.0 - Feedback, Glitches, Etc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank you for your input.

Some of your points have probably been mentioned somewhere in this thread. If you do a quick scan, I'm sure you'll find them.

Some of your suggestions have already been discussed by the mods. We will let you all know what we decide or if we are able to do it/them.

Having a "like" box to click on to see who sent the "like" is cool. But it took me a while to realize that I can see everyone else's. It then became abundantly clear that some folks are sending out a pile of likes, often to the same folks. Again, I don't care if you like to like, but it does seem to devalue the point system, just as it did before when CPs were restricted. I for example could theoretically lift a new member, say a friend, to various levels of recognition in very little time. If two or more of us combined our effort, it would happen very quickly. This is what the board was trying to steer clear of. And no offence, but I don't think any member here should have that capability. It becomes very much a popularity situation.
    We each have our "comfort" groups. People we share the same opinions with, have the same type of humor... I know your group does it. I do it. That's my "thank you" to the other mods for the work they do (I know some members do that too), for game runners, for posts that have good information. For anything I want. That's part of the fun.

Otherwise just describe it for what it is, a popularity/buddy system with some level, hopefully to a high degree, of merit as well.
    It's a popularity/buddy system with some level, hopefully to a high degree, of merit as well. That's what it's always been, even when we tried to change it.

Administrator
    sigpic

#LupusAwareness

#TackleCancer - Adopted Bronco: Phillip Lindsay

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• Originally posted by Peanut View Post
      Thank you for your input.

Some of your points have probably been mentioned somewhere in this thread. If you do a quick scan, I'm sure you'll find them.

Some of your suggestions have already been discussed by the mods. We will let you all know what we decide or if we are able to do it/them.

We each have our "comfort" groups. People we share the same opinions with, have the same type of humor... I know your group does it. I do it. That's my "thank you" to the other mods for the work they do (I know some members do that too), for game runners, for posts that have good information. For anything I want. That's part of the fun.

It's a popularity/buddy system with some level, hopefully to a high degree, of merit as well. That's what it's always been, even when we tried to change it.
      Thx for that. Just basing my opinions on what folks say, and past processes. Devaluation makes comparisons of contribution a little unwarranted.

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post

Thx for that. Just basing my opinions on what folks say, and past processes. Devaluation makes comparisons of contribution a little unwarranted.
        No problem. It might take awhile to get back to this. It gets busy.
        Administrator
        sigpic

#LupusAwareness

#TackleCancer - Adopted Bronco: Phillip Lindsay

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• Originally posted by Peanut View Post

No problem. It might take awhile to get back to this. It gets busy.
          It's all good. Just wanted to make my comments (you know me). As long as I'm here, I will seek to make this place the best it can be....at least from my perspective. I don't see everything that goes on, so I am not pretending that I have the best suggestions/plans.

Comment

Working...
          X