Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VBulletin 5.0 - Feedback, Glitches, Etc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Peerless View Post
    In a way I enjoyed the CP rank system as it had nice perks with larger avys and hidden forums and such as members were rewarded for their contributions. Whether it was solid posts, good threads, helping someone figure something out, making sigs or avys - all of these things are what I used to do to 'earn' CP. I also enjoyed negs - when used appropriately.

But at the end of the day, it's a message board - and I guess I could care less if someone is an immortal or a newbie as long as we can have good conversation. The like button is a nice quick touch to show someone that you enjoyed their post, so that's nice.
    I can live without negs but...they did keep certain obnoxious trolls in Smack from attaining any kind of rank. There were a couple of periods when we were overrun with Charger trolls (late 2000s when their team was good) and then the P*nsie trolls. When our team becomes competitive again (and they will, eventually) we will attract another bunch and they will like each others posts and attain rank here. Negs were also good for the angry mob and haters.

Maybe a dislike button is needed.

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016
    2021 Adopted Bronco: Von Miller

Comment

I wish VBulletin had a way that I could be notified somehow if someone quoted me. I know I can subscribe to a thread and keep an close eye out, but it would be cool to get some notification alert that so and so quoted you so you know for sure where and when to respond.

Comment

I see that there are three unlabeled buttons for Youtube (yay), S, and MENTION. (whatever those are), but not one for inserting a tweet?

These buttons are in the sig editor too, so members can have a youtube video as a sig?

Comment

Originally posted by Peerless View Post
          I wish VBulletin had a way that I could be notified somehow if someone quoted me. I know I can subscribe to a thread and keep an close eye out, but it would be cool to get some notification alert that so and so quoted you so you know for sure where and when to respond.
          Peerless
          There is one. Go to User Settings>Notifications>General
          Last edited by L.M.; 10-08-2020, 11:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by L.M. View Post

I can live without negs but...they did keep certain obnoxious trolls in Smack from attaining any kind of rank. There were a couple of periods when we were overrun with Charger trolls (late 2000s when their team was good) and then the P*nsie trolls. When our team becomes competitive again (and they will, eventually) we will attract another bunch and they will like each others posts and attain rank here. Negs were also good for the angry mob and haters.

Maybe a dislike button is needed.
            We don't need a dislike button. Just respond to posts. I have come to the point where "likes" are nice but not necessary. But I prefer likes to dislikes in principle, for the integrity of the board. Mind you, if there are no goofy anonymous comments attached to dislikes, no problem.
            Last edited by CanDB; 10-08-2020, 11:28 AM.

Comment

I don't see anything in the calendar. Is that a glitch or am I missing something?

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post

We don't need a dislike button. Just respond to posts. I have come to the point where "likes" are nice but not necessary. But I prefer likes to dislikes in principle, for the integrity of the board. Mind you, if there are no goofy anonymous comments attached to dislikes, no problem.
                There's no comments attached to likes.

Sometimes we feel that a post is just stupid or terrible and we really have nothing more to say than that --do we really need to type that out to express our disdain? I'd rather just dislike or downvote it like Reddit.

Comment

P&R is open.

Like what I see so far. Will post any issues I come across.
                  Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

I see that there are three unlabeled buttons for Youtube (yay), S, and MENTION. (whatever those are), but not one for inserting a tweet?

These buttons are in the sig editor too, so members can have a youtube video as a sig?
                    Youtube button - obvious
                    S - strike through
                    Mention - User mention? [MENTION]Rastic[/MENTION]

Previewing the mention tag with my username popped up @Rastic; (with the semi-colon). I don't know if that is a mistake or not. Alternatively, start typing the at symbol and then a username gets you this Rastic

BBCode Reference from the FAQs: https://forums.denverbroncos.com/hel...e/bbcode_basic

A tweet embed would be perfect!!! I totally agree.

Comment

Sometimes we feel that a post is just stupid or terrible and we really have nothing more to say than that --do we really need to type that out to express our disdain? I'd rather just dislike or downvote it like Reddit.
                      From my understanding, having the old way of CPs would have required a substantial change to the new system. The old system, as beloved as it was, served it's time. It was extremely outdated software. The new system is more secure.

That said, I preferred the old CP system.

Comment

I said I am good with no comments.

Comment

From our tech team:

1. Smile not showing: should be fixed and are displaying where they were not before.

2. Signatures not showing. This is now an individual user setting in VB5. To turn on or setup signature go to - My profile > edit settings button > account tab > Turn on show avatars and show signatures

3. Issues with slowness / not showing up on certain devices. I'm sure this is a caching issue (should resolve naturally in a week or so) and they need to refresh / clear their browser cache.

Some changes were not in our control---CP System. We are looking to see if we can bring it back.

P&R is not supposed to be open. I have been trying to shut it down again but this version is different. Still working on it.

Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage

Lupus Awareness

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

Peerless
                            There is one. Go to User Settings>Notifications>General
                            Wow look at that! Sweet!

Thanks L.M.
                            Last edited by Peerless; 10-08-2020, 12:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Peanut View Post
                              P&R is not supposed to be open. I have been trying to shut it down again but this version is different. Still working on it.[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
                              Darn. But understandable.

Comment

P&R is now closed again. And I didn't break the MB.

I saved my notes in case it ever gets reopened.

Calendar. VB5 disabled birthdays. I copied all the birthdays before the transition and was planning on manually inputting them into the calendar, but it was one of the security concerns (hackers getting personal information) with the tech team. I have to check with them before I do anything.
                                Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage

Lupus Awareness

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

Working...
                                X