Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VBulletin 5.0 - Feedback, Glitches, Etc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by L.M. View Post

Yeah NOW it's there! Just like when I complained about the Detroit Lions color scheme earlier --, presto a social media button turned orange! There's like a fairy Godmother (or Godfather) reading this and answering certain wishes!
    He wants you to know that he's a fairy Godfather and he is reading this.
    Administrator
    sigpic

#LupusAwareness

#TackleCancer - Adopted Bronco: Phillip Lindsay

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
      just gonna say i'm not a fan of this upgrade
      It was either this upgrade or not having the MB anymore. So, I'm liking the upgrade.
      Administrator
      sigpic

#LupusAwareness

#TackleCancer - Adopted Bronco: Phillip Lindsay

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

Originally posted by RunYouOver View Post
        Wow - great feedback so far everyone, thank you. Tech team and the mod staff are monitoring this thread and tracking all the issues, feedback, complaints and props so far and will continue to try to tweak settings over the next few weeks to address some concerns and requests.
        Thx pal! Good work to the entire team. I am pretty sure I know the outcome if we had a poll....would you prefer this MB or none at all?

Comment

I still use these boards on desktop view. Personally, I like the feature "today's posts". The same feature is available on mobile as well, but it does not show WHO was the last post.
          It's not a big deal, but if I see that a poster I like to read has posted in a thread I am more likely to check out that thread.

​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by atwaterandstir View Post
            I still use these boards on desktop view. Personally, I like the feature "today's posts". The same feature is available on mobile as well, but it does not show WHO was the last post.
            It's not a big deal, but if I see that a poster I like to read has posted in a thread I am more likely to check out that thread.

​​​​​
            Yes I agree. That and the button to go the last post is incredibly small for my fat fingers lol

Comment

Originally posted by atwaterandstir View Post

​​​​​
              That's weird because it does show the last poster on mine and I'm using a laptop computer.

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post

Yes I agree. That and the button to go the last post is incredibly small for my fat fingers lol
              It's too tiny even on my laptop!

And I've made the mistake of clicking the last poster to try to get to the last post in the thread and that just takes me to their user profile instead! Doing that only took us to the last post --on the old system, that is.

So what to do? Can this be changed to how it used to work? Or does the last post button just need to be enlarged? Which is better?

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

i think it sucks...there is no getting around it, i spent 17 years of my life posting on this board to achieve the status i was on, and one up grade its all gone...im done, so long broncos country its been fun
                sigpic
                when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

Originally posted by arapaho View Post
                  i think it sucks...there is no getting around it, i spent 17 years of my life posting on this board to achieve the status i was on, and one up grade its all gone...im done, so long broncos country its been fun
                  arapaho

It's not all gone. If you hover your cursor over the rank status bar below your name, a little popup reads "is a Football Immortal".

I wasn't happy with the change either but it's a work in progress and even in the course of one day we saw many tweaks and improvements happen, some to restore what we had.

Comment

arapaho

I highly recommend any of you concerned with the CP / reputation system. Having read the FAQs of the site (updated along with the site) I came across this nugget (emphasis mine):

https://forums.denverbroncos.com/hel...unt_reputation
                    What is Reputation?

Reputation is a way of rating users depending on the quality of their posts. If the administrators have enabled reputation, then the like icon will be visible in posts.

You can build your reputation on the site by posting informative and constructive content. This in turn will encourage people to follow your posts, press the like button on different posts and they could even subscribe to your content.
                    How do I give reputation?

To give reputation, click on the like icon in the relevant post. This will signify you like the content and will add to the user's reputation. If you click on the like icon again, you will remove that reputation from the user.
                    How do I know what reputation I have received?

You will be notified when someone likes one of your posts. In addition to this, your general reputation will appear within the user information of your posts. These show as small graphics or pips under your Avatar. As your reputation inceases, the number of pips or graphics will increase.
                    How much reputation is given? What is reputation power?

If the administrator has enabled this, the amount of reputation that each user will give (or take away if negative) is shown in the user's posts as 'Reputation Power'. The value of the reputation power is determined by the administrator and may increase over time depending on the settings they have applied.
                    What if I don't want anyone to see my reputation?

You can disable the display of your reputation by going to your Account Settings and selecting the checkbox for Reputation Level.
                    To test this, I just click on the Like button for a user's post and checked their reputation level. It went up by 11 points - my current level of CP status.

tl;dr

THE CP SYSTEM STILL WORKS as before with some difference. CP / reputation can be given. Your status level will continue to rise with reputation / likes received. Personal notes or negative CP are no longer part of the CP system.

Comment

• Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post

Also, has anybody noticed on the mobile site there is no button to go to the last post?

Also, also, I think it used to go to the first of the newest posts, so you could easily pick up in a thread where you left off. Now it goes directly to the last post.

Comment

• Originally posted by Peanut View Post

He wants you to know that he's a fairy Godfather and he is reading this.
                        Yes I got to chat with the Godfather briefly last night and I appreciate what he did yesterday.

Comment

• Originally posted by atwaterandstir View Post

​​​​​
                          Agreed. We'll see about that.

For me, as good as the mobile site is, seeing who made the last post on mobile would be incredibly useful.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rastic View Post
                            arapaho

I highly recommend any of you concerned with the CP / reputation system. Having read the FAQs of the site (updated along with the site) I came across this nugget (emphasis mine):

https://forums.denverbroncos.com/hel...unt_reputation

To test this, I just click on the Like button for a user's post and checked their reputation level. It went up by 11 points - my current level of CP status.

tl;dr

THE CP SYSTEM STILL WORKS as before with some difference. CP / reputation can be given. Your status level will continue to rise with reputation / likes received. Personal notes or negative CP are no longer part of the CP system.
                            So it's the same amount of points, interesting. And now there's no limit to how many posts you can like in one day, which means people can boost each others reputations all day long to help each other achieve rank --something that was previously considered an abuse of the system. Can likes be limited for each member?

But what does it matter and what perks does rank have anymore? Are the hidden sections still restricted to lower ranked members? Sig size and avatar size used to be a thing -can that be controlled/restored to what it was? And I still think we need a dislike button. We will inevitably see more awful posts which barely skirt the CoC and we'll just have to stand by and watch them get likes from fellow trolls or haters and nothing else?
                            Last edited by L.M.; 10-09-2020, 11:01 AM.

Comment

• Rastic

How did you check the reputation level? Is that a mod tool or something anyone can do?

If reputation level still exists (and matters), then users need to be able to see their own total and their reputation power which we could see previously in Settings. Many other fora that use a Like system also display how many likes a person has received and from whom --can something like that be implemented here?

Comment

• Originally posted by L.M. View Post

So it's the same amount of points, interesting. And now there's no limit to how many posts you can like in day, which means people can boost each others reputations all day long to help each other achieve rank --something that was previously considered an abuse of the system. Can likes be limited for each member?

But what does it matter and what perks does rank have anymore? Are the hidden sections still restricted to lower ranked members? Sig size and avatar size used to be a thing -can that be controlled/restored to what it was? And I still think we need a dislike button. We will inevitably see more awful posts which barely skirt the CoC and we'll just have to stand by and watch them get likes from fellow trolls or haters and nothing else?
                                All good questions.

I did not mean to imply the CP / reputation system does not have room for improvement, just that it is not completely gone.

My understanding is this upgrade was pretty significant. As such, instead of changes happening incrementally over time, we've had a lot happen almost overnight. Rank and the perks it allows are all things we will be looking deeper in to and will coordinate that with the tech team. We will accommodate what we can.

We are extremely grateful for the feedback we have received so far - even the frustrations. The community is what makes this place what it is and we'll always strive to improve with that in mind. Please keep the feedback coming.

Comment

Working...
                                X