Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VBulletin 5.0 - Feedback, Glitches, Etc.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by L.M. View Post
    Rastic

    How did you check the reputation level?


    Is that a mod tool or something anyone can do?

    If reputation level still exists (and matters), then users need to be able to see their own total and their reputation power which we could see previously in Settings. Many other fora that use a Like system also display how many likes a person has received and from whom --can something like that be implemented here?
    I remember being able to check reputation in my profile before but cannot seem to find it. I would think it would displayed in a non-public area of my user profile.

    Add that to the list.

    Yes. I'm making a list.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Rastic View Post





      I remember being able to check reputation in my profile before but cannot seem to find it. I would think it would displayed in a non-public area of my user profile.

      Add that to the list.

      Yes. I'm making a list.
      Yeah....I was just wondering the same thing. I received a "like" but no can find. Thx.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Rastic View Post

        All good questions.

        I did not mean to imply the CP / reputation system does not have room for improvement, just that it is not completely gone.


        My understanding is this upgrade was pretty significant. As such, instead of changes happening incrementally over time, we've had a lot happen almost overnight. Rank and the perks it allows are all things we will be looking deeper in to and will coordinate that with the tech team. We will accommodate what we can.

        We are extremely grateful for the feedback we have received so far - even the frustrations. The community is what makes this place what it is and we'll always strive to improve with that in mind. Please keep the feedback coming.
        Oh my questions/comments are open-ended and are as much for The Silent Powers Above as for you.


        Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Rastic View Post
          arapaho

          I highly recommend any of you concerned with the CP / reputation system. Having read the FAQs of the site (updated along with the site) I came across this nugget (emphasis mine):

          https://forums.denverbroncos.com/hel...unt_reputation


          To test this, I just click on the Like button for a user's post and checked their reputation level. It went up by 11 points - my current level of CP status.

          tl;dr

          THE CP SYSTEM STILL WORKS as before with some difference. CP / reputation can be given. Your status level will continue to rise with reputation / likes received. Personal notes or negative CP are no longer part of the CP system.
          This is a "positive" upgrade all by itself.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Rastic View Post
            Mention - User mention? [MENTION]Rastic[/MENTION]

            Previewing the mention tag with my username popped up @Rastic; (with the semi-colon). I don't know if that is a mistake or not. Alternatively, start typing the at symbol and then a username gets you this Rastic
            The semicolon was removed. So this button is redundant and actually requires more work? Because you have to type the name, highlight/select it, then click the mention button to wrap it in tags vs simply typing @ in front a of a user name to get the same result?

            Another redundancy -there are now TWO image buttons for post composition, but still NONE in the Edit Post Signature window.

            Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

            Comment


            • I'm having a hard time adjusting to this new message board. Have visited the FAQ page a number of times. Tried to "Like" a post and then it said not like, so I clicked on it again. Not sure if I messed someone up. If so, I'm sorry. There seem to be a lot of differences from the previous system. For someone old and stupid like me, probably needed a tutorial. I cannot figure out how to put my avatar back the way it was before. Do cps still exist? If so, where are they shown for management. When trying to log on from my laptop, I still get the "400 Bad Request" message. I tinker around with it until the message board comes back. Was the old system so broken that it needed "fixing"?
              "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

              Comment


              • Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                I'm having a hard time adjusting to this new message board. Have visited the FAQ page a number of times. Tried to "Like" a post and then it said not like, so I clicked on it again. Not sure if I messed someone up. If so, I'm sorry. There seem to be a lot of differences from the previous system. For someone old and stupid like me, probably needed a tutorial. I cannot figure out how to put my avatar back the way it was before. Do cps still exist? If so, where are they shown for management. When trying to log on from my laptop, I still get the "400 Bad Request" message. I tinker around with it until the message board comes back. Was the old system so broken that it needed "fixing"?
                Clicking "unlike" simply undoes your like in case you change your mind or you hit it by mistake. The little window right next to Like indicates the total number of likes the post has received. As Rastic mentioned above, CP's still exist and are granted through Liking a post. The total CP's are not displayed anywhere for us --yet!

                Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

                Comment


                • Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                  I'm having a hard time adjusting to this new message board. Have visited the FAQ page a number of times. Tried to "Like" a post and then it said not like, so I clicked on it again. Not sure if I messed someone up. If so, I'm sorry. There seem to be a lot of differences from the previous system. For someone old and stupid like me, probably needed a tutorial. I cannot figure out how to put my avatar back the way it was before. Do cps still exist? If so, where are they shown for management. When trying to log on from my laptop, I still get the "400 Bad Request" message. I tinker around with it until the message board comes back. Was the old system so broken that it needed "fixing"?
                  I just replied to your message about your profile picture.

                  For others who may not have found the information, this is covered in the FAQs (which are searchable!)

                  How do I change my Avatar?


                  To add an avatar to your account, please visit your user profile. You can visit your User Profile by clicking on your name in the upper right corner and selecting "User Profile" from the drop down menu.

                  Once on your user profile, hover your mouse over the default avatar presented. You will be shown a link to upload your avatar. Click on it and follow the instructions on the screen. If you're avatar is too large, you will be provide with an opportunity to clip the image to fit.
                  CPs still exist in the form of the "Like button" (please see my earlier post above)

                  We are compiling a list of issues to address.

                  Was the old system so broken that it needed "fixing"?
                  Yes. The alternative, as Peanut mentioned earlier in this thread, was no message board. We're happy the Broncos organization stuck with the fans and allowed the message boards to continue though the cost of that was a necessary upgrade to the system.

                  I still get the "400 Bad Request" message.
                  That might still be your laptop looking at the location of the old site and is likely a DNS issue.

                  Without getting too far into the weeds, imagine your QB is still looking at the old playbook thinking it's still the current one. When you call a play in he gives you that 400 Bad Request look and immediately takes a sack. Eventually he gets the new playbook and understands what play is getting called.

                  If forcing the browser to refresh the page I posted before did not work it will work itself out. DNS information expire at some point, your laptop will get the new info, and it will load the site correctly.

                  Comment


                  • Yo Sam !!!
                    I just noticed that you have a row of blue dots under your reputation bar under your avy.
                    First time I've seen that.

                    I'm probably older and stupider than you and I feel for you man.
                    I'm stumbling through too but we'll just have to adjust to the new.
                    It took me two days to figure out how to log in,

                    Edit: Just like LM's godfather, sure enough as soon as I hit reply, we all have blue dots.
                    And one white one too. Hmmmm....
                    .
                    Last edited by AZ Snake Fan; 10-09-2020, 01:32 PM.

                    May God Bless all men and women of our Armed Forces, past and present
                    The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing
                    http://www.navyjack.info/history.html
                    My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Rastic View Post

                      CPs still exist in the form of the "Like button" (please see my earlier post above)
                      Your linked text here just looks like regular bolding. Can we have bolded (darker) orange (ff6600) text for links, please?
                      Last edited by Rastic; 10-09-2020, 02:04 PM.

                      Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by AZ Snake Fan View Post
                        Yo Sam !!!
                        I just noticed that you have a row of blue dots under your reputation bar under your avy.
                        First time I've seen that.

                        I'm probably older and stupider than you and I feel for you man.
                        I'm stumbling through too but we'll just have to adjust to the new.
                        It took me two days to figure out how to log in,

                        Edit: Just like LM's godfather, sure enough as soon as I hit reply, we all have blue dots.
                        And one white one too. Hmmmm....

                        .
                        Rastic and CanDB do not.

                        It seems to be another rank status indicator maybe? I was going to address this because the orange one made up of tiny rectangles above it is not displaying the status correctly for many members. For example, I've seen some Starters with all of the orange filled in.

                        So something needs to be done so that members point totals are more accurately reflected there.
                        Last edited by L.M.; 10-09-2020, 02:04 PM.

                        Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by L.M. View Post

                          Your linked text here just looks like regular bolding. Can we have bolded (darker) orange (ff6600) text for links, please?
                          Good idea.

                          Pumpkin spice links. Noted.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Rastic View Post





                            I remember being able to check reputation in my profile before but cannot seem to find it. I would think it would displayed in a non-public area of my user profile.

                            Add that to the list.

                            Yes. I'm making a list.
                            So I see a "like" for my post today in notifications, which means to me that it is working, but not from yesterday. Is there a glitch for yesterday's action? It was post #13 in this thread.

                            Thx! (And thx to whoever pressed "like")
                            Last edited by CanDB; 10-09-2020, 02:20 PM.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by CanDB View Post

                              So I see a "like" for my post today in notifications, which means to me that it is working, but not from yesterday. Is there a glitch for yesterday's action? It was post #13 in this thread.

                              Thx! (And thx to whoever pressed "like")
                              I don't know about any glitches from yesterday. Possible.

                              To check who gave you a Like, click on the number and a pop up shows the names.
                              Administrator
                              sigpic

                              #LupusAwareness

                              #TackleCancer - Adopted Bronco: Phillip Lindsay

                              "a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by L.M. View Post

                                Rastic and CanDB do not.

                                It seems to be another rank status indicator maybe? I was going to address this because the orange one made up of tiny rectangles above it is not displaying the status correctly for many members. For example, I've seen some Starters with all of the orange filled in.

                                So something needs to be done so that members point totals are more accurately reflected there.
                                Now Can has one too while others still do not. Just noticed that Spice and Sophia don't have one in the Van Halen thread. Bronco51 has one there but it's strangely surrounded by white. See:
                                https://forums.denverbroncos.com/for...62#post8329462

                                Fairy Godfather or his tech associates may be experimenting with this as a replacement to the other rank status indicator which, frankly, looks better! At least it's orange, and we like orange adornments around here!

                                Both indicators have ten units associated with the ten achievable ranks:
                                1. Benchwarmer
                                2. Special teamer
                                3. Starter
                                4. Playmaker
                                5. Captain
                                6. All-Pro
                                7. Ring of Famer
                                8. Hall of Fame
                                9. All Time Great
                                10. Football Immortal
                                Neither one is reflecting the actual rank accurately or consistently with all of the members so far. The orange is for some but not all.

                                Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X