Mods and thier opinions...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dogfish
    what a surprise-- GC's pissed because he wasn't allowed to have the last word. . . .
    Nope, im pissed because ppl like you cant resist taking shots, but unfortunatly for
    you, you cant close the thread for protection.

BTW good contribution to the thread, you get an A+ :thumb:
    Club Leader: Robert Griffin III > Andrew Luck

^^^Get used to it.^^^

Comment

Originally posted by GridironChamp
      Nope, im pissed because ppl like you cant resist taking shots, but unfortunatly for
      you, you cant close the thread for protection.

BTW good contribution to the thread, you get an A+ :thumb:
      So Grid, explain to me, where did he "take a shot" at you?

Last time I checked, he gave reasoning he closed the thread, and that should be it.

Comment

Originally posted by CinnaManMan
        So Grid, explain to me, where did he "take a shot" at you?

Last time I checked, he gave reasoning he closed the thread, and that should be it.
        Originally posted by Jared
        3) To suggest that being involved in a confrontation that you did not start, and walked away from, is somehow the same as "provoking" death is ridiculous and lacks logic. I alos personally beleiev it was posted with the intent to rile up members of this thread.
        Look for the bold.

^^^Get used to it.^^^

Comment

But its ok, i will just delete this thread in a lil bit, seeming no one actually reads
          the thing.

I will just use the PMs because at least then there is only person ppl have to read,
          because many have proved incapable of reading both sides of a story.

^^^Get used to it.^^^

Comment

But its ok, i will just delete this thread in a lil bit, seeming no one actually reads
            the thing.

I will just use the PMs because at least then there is only person ppl have to read,
            because many have proved incapable of reading both sides of a story.
            Or maybe you have yet to prove YOUR point has any merit.

When everyone is against you, odds are that maybe everyone else isn't wrong Grid.

Comment

Look for the bold.

It's not attacking you.

It's the truth.
              Administrator

sigpic

Comment

Actually i dont have a problem with what you said, i though you did say something
                at the end, apparently you didnt. I dont understand exactly why it was closed, but
                we already had a thread for that, and it got solved.

Actually its not the way it is, you dont have to post a controversial opinion at the
                end of a thread. If your gonna close a thread, say why, then how thats against
                the CoC, thats all. If you want ppl to know what you think, do it before you close
                it, like everyone else does.

Actually, it IS the way it is!

Want me to prove it? lol just kidding......

Ya know, I can say whatever the hell I want when I close a thread because I have earned that right by admin & the other mods. Period! Dont you come on here and tell the mods how to do their jobs! That's NOT your place!

When you become administrator here, it will be, but until then.........

Sorry to put it so blunty, but your not taking any hints here pal.

Now Jared may or may not have said something appropriate, but you really should have dealt with that personally rather than making another scene, and drawing all this negative attention to yourself, rather than try to force it on Jared.

That was the purpose of all this, right?

It didnt work, did it?

Drop this already. Please.

Comment

Originally posted by JWinn
                  Actually, it IS the way it is!

Want me to prove it? lol just kidding......

Ya know, I can say whatever the hell I want when I close a thread because I have earned that right by admin & the other mods. Period! Dont you come on here and tell the mods how to do their jobs! That's NOT your place!

When you become administrator here, it will be, but until then.........

Sorry to put it so blunty, but your not taking any hints here pal.

Now Jared may or may not have said something appropriate, but you really should have dealt with that personally rather than making another scene, and drawing all this negative attention to yourself, rather than try to force it on Jared.

That was the purpose of all this, right?

It didnt work, did it?

Drop this already. Please.
                  This is the feedback forum, which is a place to voice displeasure with these boards or compliment these boards within the rules of the CoC. As for the actual thread, I have no complaints about a thread being closed if a reason is given. This is also assuming the moderator doesn't post their viewpoint in the last reply of the topic then lock it, and if the moderator does, it becomes very annoying.

Comment

Originally posted by UnderArmour
                    This is the feedback forum, which is a place to voice displeasure with these boards or compliment these boards within the rules of the CoC. As for the actual thread, I have no complaints about a thread being closed if a reason is given. This is also assuming the moderator doesn't post their viewpoint in the last reply of the topic then lock it, and if the moderator does, it becomes very annoying.
                    So you'd rather them close it with no explanation?
                    Administrator

sigpic

Comment

it's their perrogative. . . . just ask bobby brown if you don't believe me. . . .
                      Officially Objectified by the GPA

rest in peace, darrent williams and damien nash-- you will be missed!!

Comment

OK, I give up on this. I'm just not getting thru, so I will stop beating my head against the wall on this.

One last comment though;

I will continue to do this job as I see fit. I'm not a bot, and I dont have a book of rules explaining to me how to deal with every possible situation that comes up. I, (and I am positive I speak for the rest of the mods here), have only one thing in mind.

What's the best course for this board? What will make the BULK of people happy here? What do I think is the right thing to do?

If you feel that's not true for any mod, write an e-mail to this address;

[email protected]

Tell the man your complaints. If he agrees, you might get the action you desire.

No promises though.

Last edited by JWinn; 02-22-2007, 06:02 PM.

Comment

Wow, I never noticed this thread until now.

Being one of those argueing in that thread I will withhold any thoughts of my own on the thread specifically for well known, and obvious reasons.

What I do want to say is that both of us were given a warning GC, so it's not like you were singled out specifically. I am in the same boat as you as far moderator action goes, and I feel it was with good reason.

I know you are saying it was rude of Jared to post his opinion on how he felt about the arguement, but unfortunately that is his right. I think it is very well within the Moderators rights to analyze the arguement and look for specific creasons why this got out of hand. I nthis case Jared did not agree with your side of the arguement. Does that mean Jared is right? by no means. What is important is all of us in that thread that were told to stop flaming/being rude and taking a thread extremely far off topic were given equal punishment.

At the end of the day, that's all that really matters. I know I am probably not welcome in this thread but I thought I'd add my :2cents:
                          sigpic
                          The only thing that can stop the ninja.
                          Setting yourself on fire so they can't catch you!

Comment

Originally posted by BigBroncLove
                            Wow, I never noticed this thread until now.

Being one of those argueing in that thread I will withhold any thoughts of my own on the thread specifically for well known, and obvious reasons.

What I do want to say is that both of us were given a warning GC, so it's not like you were singled out specifically. I am in the same boat as you as far moderator action goes, and I feel it was with good reason.

I know you are saying it was rude of Jared to post his opinion on how he felt about the arguement, but unfortunately that is his right. I think it is very well within the Moderators rights to analyze the arguement and look for specific creasons why this got out of hand. I nthis case Jared did not agree with your side of the arguement. Does that mean Jared is right? by no means. What is important is all of us in that thread that were told to stop flaming/being rude and taking a thread extremely far off topic were given equal punishment.

At the end of the day, that's all that really matters. I know I am probably not welcome in this thread but I thought I'd add my :2cents:
                            This post of yours was a welcome sight to me! I've been reading this thread from day one, and this is the best post yet. Where have you been all this thread's life?
                            "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

John Stuart Mill (Look him up )

Comment

This is an excellent point. Not only is it annoying it is gutless. However, I myself have done the exact same thing (on another board I am an aministrator on) and for that I am now apologizing to that member. You know who you are and I do apologize for deleteing your thread without explaination. I will not go into details here. However, if you desire an explaination as to why I did delete your thread please feel to pm me here or on the other board.

UA check your cp.
                              [URL=http://s93.photobucket.com/user/Saddletramp69/media/asdf.jpg.html][/URL
                              Adopted player Lindsey

Comment

Originally posted by RunYouOver
                                So you'd rather them close it with no explanation?
                                What I meant was...

Tatum Bell should be traded

*MASSIVE DEBATE*
                                Moderator: Flaming, I'm locking this topic. Tatum Bell is _______________ and __________. Shanny does ________ typically with his running backs. We need a back who is more ________ and _____.

That's what I meant by posting their viewpoints. I have no problem with them locking the thread if it is just a reason and not adding to the debate of a locked topic.

Comment

Working...
                                X