Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saddletramp
    replied
    My opinion only. but then what do I know?

Originally posted by Day1BroncoFan
    I couldn't agree more.

My point of view on this subject is that being allowed to use this board is it’s a privilege. Sort of like a driver’s license, if you abuse it you lose it. That doesn’t mean you can’t take issues with the authorities (Mods), but their authority needs to be respected during the process. It is the responsibility of the Mods to use their authority with care and good judgment. Closing a thread should be done with a reason, and not a rebuttal that cannot be answered.

I did not participate in the thread in question here. I can’t say whether or not that thread was closed according to what my opinion of properly closing a thread would be or not. Additionally, my opinion of that may not be an accurate representation of reality either. Just my :2cents:.
    I am sure it was closed for a reason and a good reason at that. But, as I posted before, dont post a rebuttal or an opin then close it. Just close it and be done with it. Doing such is not using the authority vested in a someone, whom the adminstration of this board thought would make an good moderator, with care and/or good judgement. As I stated earlier I have deleted a thread on another board I am an mod on and didnt give a reason, that is also not using the authority vested in me in the administration of that board with care and good judgement and I was reminded of that by the administration of said board. I will not make that mistake again. As one with authority and one that also participates in discussions, one must remember not to over step the bounds and abuse that authority. By posting an opinion or a rebuttal to an post, then closing said thread is an abuse of the authoriy vested in that moderator.

Leave a comment:

• Day1BroncoFan
    replied
    Originally posted by Saddletramp
    Another excellent point. Dont fuel the debate then lock a thread so nobody can post a rebuttal.

I couldn't agree more.

My point of view on this subject is that being allowed to use this board is it’s a privilege. Sort of like a driver’s license, if you abuse it you lose it. That doesn’t mean you can’t take issues with the authorities (Mods), but their authority needs to be respected during the process. It is the responsibility of the Mods to use their authority with care and good judgment. Closing a thread should be done with a reason, and not a rebuttal that cannot be answered.

I did not participate in the thread in question here. I can’t say whether or not that thread was closed according to what my opinion of properly closing a thread would be or not. Additionally, my opinion of that may not be an accurate representation of reality either. Just my :2cents:.

Leave a comment:

• Saddletramp
    replied
    Originally posted by UnderArmour
    What I meant was...

Tatum Bell should be traded

*MASSIVE DEBATE*
    Moderator: Flaming, I'm locking this topic. Tatum Bell is _______________ and __________. Shanny does ________ typically with his running backs. We need a back who is more ________ and _____.

That's what I meant by posting their viewpoints. I have no problem with them locking the thread if it is just a reason and not adding to the debate of a locked topic.
    Another excellent point. Dont fuel the debate then lock a thread so nobody can post a rebuttal.

Leave a comment:

• UnderArmour
    replied
    Originally posted by RunYouOver
    So you'd rather them close it with no explanation?
    What I meant was...

Tatum Bell should be traded

*MASSIVE DEBATE*
    Moderator: Flaming, I'm locking this topic. Tatum Bell is _______________ and __________. Shanny does ________ typically with his running backs. We need a back who is more ________ and _____.

That's what I meant by posting their viewpoints. I have no problem with them locking the thread if it is just a reason and not adding to the debate of a locked topic.

Leave a comment:

• Saddletramp
    replied
    This is the feedback forum, which is a place to voice displeasure with these boards or compliment these boards within the rules of the CoC. As for the actual thread, I have no complaints about a thread being closed if a reason is given. This is also assuming the moderator doesn't post their viewpoint in the last reply of the topic then lock it, and if the moderator does, it becomes very annoying.
    This is an excellent point. Not only is it annoying it is gutless. However, I myself have done the exact same thing (on another board I am an aministrator on) and for that I am now apologizing to that member. You know who you are and I do apologize for deleteing your thread without explaination. I will not go into details here. However, if you desire an explaination as to why I did delete your thread please feel to pm me here or on the other board.

UA check your cp.

Leave a comment:

• His Wife
    replied
    Originally posted by BigBroncLove
    Wow, I never noticed this thread until now.

Being one of those argueing in that thread I will withhold any thoughts of my own on the thread specifically for well known, and obvious reasons.

What I do want to say is that both of us were given a warning GC, so it's not like you were singled out specifically. I am in the same boat as you as far moderator action goes, and I feel it was with good reason.

I know you are saying it was rude of Jared to post his opinion on how he felt about the arguement, but unfortunately that is his right. I think it is very well within the Moderators rights to analyze the arguement and look for specific creasons why this got out of hand. I nthis case Jared did not agree with your side of the arguement. Does that mean Jared is right? by no means. What is important is all of us in that thread that were told to stop flaming/being rude and taking a thread extremely far off topic were given equal punishment.

At the end of the day, that's all that really matters. I know I am probably not welcome in this thread but I thought I'd add my :2cents:
    This post of yours was a welcome sight to me! I've been reading this thread from day one, and this is the best post yet. Where have you been all this thread's life?

Leave a comment:

• BigBroncLove
    replied
    Wow, I never noticed this thread until now.

Being one of those argueing in that thread I will withhold any thoughts of my own on the thread specifically for well known, and obvious reasons.

What I do want to say is that both of us were given a warning GC, so it's not like you were singled out specifically. I am in the same boat as you as far moderator action goes, and I feel it was with good reason.

I know you are saying it was rude of Jared to post his opinion on how he felt about the arguement, but unfortunately that is his right. I think it is very well within the Moderators rights to analyze the arguement and look for specific creasons why this got out of hand. I nthis case Jared did not agree with your side of the arguement. Does that mean Jared is right? by no means. What is important is all of us in that thread that were told to stop flaming/being rude and taking a thread extremely far off topic were given equal punishment.

At the end of the day, that's all that really matters. I know I am probably not welcome in this thread but I thought I'd add my :2cents:

Leave a comment:

• JWinn
    replied
    OK, I give up on this. I'm just not getting thru, so I will stop beating my head against the wall on this.

One last comment though;

I will continue to do this job as I see fit. I'm not a bot, and I dont have a book of rules explaining to me how to deal with every possible situation that comes up. I, (and I am positive I speak for the rest of the mods here), have only one thing in mind.

What's the best course for this board? What will make the BULK of people happy here? What do I think is the right thing to do?

If you feel that's not true for any mod, write an e-mail to this address;

[email protected]

Tell the man your complaints. If he agrees, you might get the action you desire.

No promises though.

Last edited by JWinn; 02-22-2007, 06:02 PM.

Leave a comment:

• dogfish
    replied
    This is the feedback forum, which is a place to voice displeasure with these boards or compliment these boards within the rules of the CoC. As for the actual thread, I have no complaints about a thread being closed if a reason is given. This is also assuming the moderator doesn't post their viewpoint in the last reply of the topic then lock it, and if the moderator does, it becomes very annoying.

it's their perrogative. . . . just ask bobby brown if you don't believe me. . . .

Leave a comment:

• RunYouOver
    replied
    So you'd rather them close it with no explanation?

Leave a comment:

• UnderArmour
    replied
    Originally posted by JWinn
    Actually, it IS the way it is!

Want me to prove it? lol just kidding......

Ya know, I can say whatever the hell I want when I close a thread because I have earned that right by admin & the other mods. Period! Dont you come on here and tell the mods how to do their jobs! That's NOT your place!

When you become administrator here, it will be, but until then.........

Sorry to put it so blunty, but your not taking any hints here pal.

Now Jared may or may not have said something appropriate, but you really should have dealt with that personally rather than making another scene, and drawing all this negative attention to yourself, rather than try to force it on Jared.

That was the purpose of all this, right?

It didnt work, did it?

Drop this already. Please.

Leave a comment:

• JWinn
    replied
    Originally posted by GridironChamp
    Actually i dont have a problem with what you said, i though you did say something
    at the end, apparently you didnt. I dont understand exactly why it was closed, but
    we already had a thread for that, and it got solved.

Actually its not the way it is, you dont have to post a controversial opinion at the
    end of a thread. If your gonna close a thread, say why, then how thats against
    the CoC, thats all. If you want ppl to know what you think, do it before you close
    it, like everyone else does.

Actually, it IS the way it is!

Want me to prove it? lol just kidding......

Ya know, I can say whatever the hell I want when I close a thread because I have earned that right by admin & the other mods. Period! Dont you come on here and tell the mods how to do their jobs! That's NOT your place!

When you become administrator here, it will be, but until then.........

Sorry to put it so blunty, but your not taking any hints here pal.

Now Jared may or may not have said something appropriate, but you really should have dealt with that personally rather than making another scene, and drawing all this negative attention to yourself, rather than try to force it on Jared.

That was the purpose of all this, right?

It didnt work, did it?

Drop this already. Please.

Leave a comment:

• RunYouOver
    replied
    Look for the bold.

It's not attacking you.

It's the truth.

Leave a comment:

• CinnaManMan
    replied
    But its ok, i will just delete this thread in a lil bit, seeming no one actually reads
    the thing.

I will just use the PMs because at least then there is only person ppl have to read,
    because many have proved incapable of reading both sides of a story.
    Or maybe you have yet to prove YOUR point has any merit.

When everyone is against you, odds are that maybe everyone else isn't wrong Grid.

Leave a comment:

• GridironChamp
    replied
    But its ok, i will just delete this thread in a lil bit, seeming no one actually reads
    the thing.

I will just use the PMs because at least then there is only person ppl have to read,
    because many have proved incapable of reading both sides of a story.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X