Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chiefs are a pretty good team, or looks that way....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TonyGFortheTD
    replied
    Lets see how the Chiefs do over the course of their next 5 games before we anoint them LOL THE NEXT DENVER or legit contenders.

Leave a comment:

• 12and4
    replied
    Originally posted by Thors Hammer View Post
    You have 723 in a few months on an opposing team's message board. Your point?

Just throwing that out there.
    Stop making them feel unwelcomed.... jeeeeez

what would this place be like if you drove away all the rival fans???

Leave a comment:

• TheQBGuru
    replied
    Originally posted by Puddleglum View Post
    I think they got 2 years or so before they start dominating the division.
    Disagree with this logic. KC has until they draft a franchise QB. Could be 2 years, could be 20.

Leave a comment:

• TheQBGuru
    replied
    Originally posted by Thors Hammer View Post

My point is he's a fair weather smacker. Really, it was fairly obvious.

Leave a comment:

• Puddleglum
    replied
    I think KC is playing their collective heart out, I don't however think they are that good of a team. I think they got 2 years or so before they start dominating the division.

Let's be careful with the use of the word "never" people, very few things in this life are a sure thing.

They made some GREAT changes in coordinators this year. SD was straight up out-coached by KC in the first game.

More power to them, I made posts in Chargerland telling them that the Chiefs were going to be the franchise that takes the division from us and I was laughed at...a lot.

Tony Moeaki, that was an INSANE one handed catch against the 49'ers.

Leave a comment:

• Project KSL
    replied
    Originally posted by ReasonableChief View Post
    Indy will be a difficult test ... but I absolutely love the way the defense is playing through three games. It doesn't appear to be a mirage but there is no telling what Indianapolis will do.

As I look at the schedule, the next two games are two that I would reasonably expect us to lose (or should I say I would be surprised if the Chiefs won). The rest of the schedule, with the possible exception of San Diego (Chiefs did beat them once, after all) the Chiefs have a shot. As always, if the Raiders ever play the way one thinks they can, they can compete with anyone but rarely do.

Denver is Denver, and always a tough out for Kansas City regardless of which team is better. I know last year was a blowout at Invesco, but Denver decided not to play their best former players.

It's just fun to finally win a couple games and not have it be a total fluke or have the opponent just gift wrap it. San Fran will likely catch fire at some point to get close to .500 on the year. They have a ton of talent. Must be a Bay Area thing this year.

Still, the pessimist in me can clearly see a path to 3-13 for the Chiefs, but so far, so good. Fingers are crossed, but a few more performances like yesterday and I might just hop on the bandwagon.
    Your name fits you very well.

Leave a comment:

• ReasonableChief
    replied
    Indy will be a difficult test ... but I absolutely love the way the defense is playing through three games. It doesn't appear to be a mirage but there is no telling what Indianapolis will do.

As I look at the schedule, the next two games are two that I would reasonably expect us to lose (or should I say I would be surprised if the Chiefs won). The rest of the schedule, with the possible exception of San Diego (Chiefs did beat them once, after all) the Chiefs have a shot. As always, if the Raiders ever play the way one thinks they can, they can compete with anyone but rarely do.

Denver is Denver, and always a tough out for Kansas City regardless of which team is better. I know last year was a blowout at Invesco, but Denver decided not to play their best former players.

It's just fun to finally win a couple games and not have it be a total fluke or have the opponent just gift wrap it. San Fran will likely catch fire at some point to get close to .500 on the year. They have a ton of talent. Must be a Bay Area thing this year.

Still, the pessimist in me can clearly see a path to 3-13 for the Chiefs, but so far, so good. Fingers are crossed, but a few more performances like yesterday and I might just hop on the bandwagon.

Leave a comment:

• Thors Hammer
    replied
    Originally posted by TheQBGuru View Post
    You've been here since 2005 yet don't even have 100 posts.

just throwing that out there

Leave a comment:

• TheQBGuru
    replied
    You've been here since 2005 yet don't even have 100 posts.

just throwing that out there

Leave a comment:

• 45-17
    replied
    Originally posted by Project KSL View Post
    You lost to Denver at home just last year......badly.

You guys seriously have no offense. I can't wait for next week, so the Colts can give you the reality check all you fans so desperately need.
    If I recall correctly, you guys lost just as bad, if not worse at invesco to that same team...Not exactly smack material givin the fact that we handed you your ass...Chiefs are 1-0 in 2010 against your overrated team.

Leave a comment:

• 45-17
    replied
    Originally posted by Project KSL View Post
    I don't care that they've beat 2 winless teams, and upset a SD team that ALWAYS starts slow. Let's see how they do against Indy, Houston, Denver, Tennessee. Ya know? Somewhat good teams. Even at that though, they have to have one of, if not the easiest schedule in the NFL. I think it'll shake out like
    @Indy L
    @Houston L
    Jax W
    Buffalo W
    @ Oak L
    @ Den L
    ARZ W
    @ SEA L
    DEN L
    @ SD L
    @ STL W
    TEN L
    OAK W
    For a 8-8 season at best. Good lord that schedule is easy.
    More like...

@Indy L
    @Houston W
    Jax W
    Buffalo W
    @ Oak L
    @ Den W
    ARZ W
    @ SEA W
    DEN W
    @ SD L
    @ STL W
    TEN W
    OAK W

So 13-3...Oakland is the trap game. They always play us tough. SD will break even by beating us at the Q...Denver however will see the broom.

We could lose to Tennessee, and Houston...but we will likely sweep your team.
    Last edited by 45-17; 09-27-2010, 01:24 AM.

Leave a comment:

• broncos_mtnman
    replied
    Originally posted by McSmashie View Post
    You guys want to trade Jamal Charles and Brandon Flowers to us for Brady Quinn and Nate Jones? Ill find a way to make it happen.
    It wouldn't matter, we'd still have McD.

How about a trade of Josh for Charlie? And we'll even throw "Wink" in for Romeo.

Is it a deal?

Leave a comment:

• broncos_mtnman
    replied
    Originally posted by Bronco_Rob View Post
    dont get ahead of yourself...the Chiefs haven't played any competition yet.
    I love this one.

You play the schedule you're given.

Bottom line is that the Chefs are 3-0 and up 2 games on the rest of the league and we are no better than the Raiders at this stage.

The "competition" comeback is just another way of saying "I have nothing to say."

By the way, didn't one of our loses come against a 1-2 team?

Just sayin'

Leave a comment:

• GridironChamp
    replied
    Originally posted by McSmashie View Post
    Hell, Im willing to throw in a case of Guinness and a box of Krispy Kremes to make this thing happen!
    If you included a set of signature golf clubs I'm sure he'd take it...

I mean after all, Haley was a golfer not a football player as Larry Johnson let us
    all know!

Leave a comment:

• McSmashie
    replied
    Originally posted by GridironChamp View Post
    I'm sure if you got in touch with Haley he'd consider some kind of trade... He seems
    to have something against play makers (specifically Charles).
    Hell, Im willing to throw in a case of Guinness and a box of Krispy Kremes to make this thing happen!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X