Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why does...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Why does...

    Thomas Jones get more touches than Jamaal Charles?

    I don't understand.

  • #2
    Trust me, they're going to run Charles to death once they play a team that's good at stopping the run. Why give Charles the ball 20 times a game against teams like Cleveland, and struggling defenses like San Fran?

    Comment


    • #3
      I'm guessing their saving him for the 2nd half of the season. I would love to see more Charles, but this 1, 2 punch, sometimes 3 with Dexter, is doing a great job. The low use of Charles is depriving me of fantasy points.
      sigpic

      Comment


      • #4
        The Chiefs run game looks great- Lots of playmakers on offense.

        Jones is more of the grind it out type of back while Charles looks to be the homerun hitter. I think you try and get it to Charles more though.

        Comment


        • #5
          Because Todd Haley hates, and always has, Jamaal Charles. There is no other
          explanation for it.

          Charles should never have less than about 20 carries a game and should never
          see less action than Thomas Jones.. But just like with Haley's refusal to bench
          LJ for Charles last year when everyone else knew he should.. he will prolong this
          as long as he can.
          Club Leader: Robert Griffin III > Andrew Luck

          ^^^Get used to it.^^^

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by GridironChamp View Post
            Because Todd Haley hates, and always has, Jamaal Charles. There is no other
            explanation for it.

            Charles should never have less than about 20 carries a game and should never
            see less action than Thomas Jones.. But just like with Haley's refusal to bench
            LJ for Charles last year when everyone else knew he should.. he will prolong this
            as long as he can.
            I'm no fan of Haleys but he doesn't hate Charles..that's just nonsense talk..I don't mind the fact that Jones is getting more carries...he opens the door and Charles runs through it...I doubt Charles is complaining...give it a break people..we have 2 good RBs...the season has just started...no sense in wearing either of these guys in the ground.
            Tony G


            The Chefs

            Comment


            • #7
              Besides Haley is saving Charles for when we play Denver..then you will get your dose of him when he runs all over your D...LOL
              Tony G


              The Chefs

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by KCLadyFan View Post
                Besides Haley is saving Charles for when we play Denver..then you will get your dose of him when he runs all over your D...LOL
                Troll guru is a Chargers fan, but thanks for the salt in the wound!
                sigpic
                Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
                  Troll guru is a Chargers fan, but thanks for the salt in the wound!

                  sorry and not sorry....
                  Tony G


                  The Chefs

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by KCLadyFan View Post
                    I'm no fan of Haleys but he doesn't hate Charles..that's just nonsense talk..I don't mind the fact that Jones is getting more carries...he opens the door and Charles runs through it...I doubt Charles is complaining...give it a break people..we have 2 good RBs...the season has just started...no sense in wearing either of these guys in the ground.
                    Obviously he doesn't actually hate him but there is no explanation for Charles not
                    getting more touches. Thomas Jones was not necessary last year when Charles
                    ran wild. I understand keeping him health and fresh, and I love Thomas Jones and
                    picking him up.. But he should not be getting more carries than Charles.

                    I'm not asking for Charles to get a Cedric Benson work load, just get the ball in
                    his hands 20 times a game, and if that means lower Jones' touches I am fine by
                    that.
                    Club Leader: Robert Griffin III > Andrew Luck

                    ^^^Get used to it.^^^

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I see it as a nice problem to have. You guys have two starting caliber runningbacks to share the load. Add in Mccluster (sp?) and you have a very formidable/flexible backfield. I'm a little jealous honestly....

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        This is because TJ is a work horse and still puts up good numbers. Jets were dumb for letting him go.
                        sigpic


                        Team Tebow #267

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by PhillyBronco24 View Post
                          This is because TJ is a work horse and still puts up good numbers. Jets were dumb for letting him go.
                          This pretty much. The Chiefs are ranked #1 rushing in the league after going up against one Defense in the top 10 against the run (SD) and another in the top 15 (SF). Cleveland isn't doing as well against the run now like a year ago, but #21 isn't beyond terrible. So it's not like they've been racking it up on bad run D's like the Lions (lolgunther) and the Colts.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X