Matt Cassel Has An Appendectomy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matt Cassel Has An Appendectomy

They say it is unclear when he will be able to return, but this of all weeks when they travel to San Diego to play the Chargers, has to be a total bummer for the Chief fans.

Link
    :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

bummer for them but at least they have a great running game to lean on if he cant play. the raiders torched the chargers on the ground and i wouldn't doubt it if the chiefs do the same thing.
    sigpic

Comment

Just a hint, don't use this excuse more than once...

I speak from experience...:paper:

on a side note, i just took the chiefs +7.5 yesterday and then this happens... YAY... I still think they cover but this usually extends their cushion to like +10.5 or so... missed out on 3 points by betting early...

Comment

I hope he gets better quickly. Gotta suck for him right now.

sigpic
        Adopted Bronco 2015 CJ Anderson

Comment

If Croyle has to play we will see how far Cassel has actually come this year.
          Club Leader: Robert Griffin III > Andrew Luck

^^^Get used to it.^^^

Comment

Originally posted by GridironChamp View Post
            If Croyle has to play we will see how far Cassel has actually come this year.
            What?

It's already apparent how far Matt has come this year. Your record indicates that.

If Croyle can just hand the ball off, then your great running game should be just fine against that Charger defense.

Let him just dump off in quick slants or whatever and not look downfield. Clock control on the ground and keep the ball out of River's hands.

sigpic

Comment

I would be interested to see Croyle play. I want to see what he can do with this new offense, he has a strong arm. But I hope Cassel gets better soon.
              sigpic

Comment

Best of luck to Cassel... hope his appendectomy turns out better than mine.

They've made great advances in those procedures since mine though, and he had the best medical attention, I'm sure.

Here's to a quick recovery regardless.
                Thanks, Reid!
                sigpic
                Click on my sig to read JetRazor's and my story. Or PM me with any questions.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoManiac_69 View Post
                  What?

It's already apparent how far Matt has come this year. Your record indicates that.

If Croyle can just hand the ball off, then your great running game should be just fine against that Charger defense.

Let him just dump off in quick slants or whatever and not look downfield. Clock control on the ground and keep the ball out of River's hands.
                  Really?? You think so?

Our playbook appears to be so dumbed down for Cassel, IMO, and you can see it
                  in second half of games when defenses make adjustments to our first half offense.

Sure, he's had some good games but most of it is due to short passes and hitting
                  Bowe off play action.

We'll see if Croyle gets to play. If the offense looks the same with Broadie Croyle
                  starting as it does when Cassel is, then it's much more the system than Cassel.
                  Club Leader: Robert Griffin III > Andrew Luck

^^^Get used to it.^^^

Comment

Originally posted by The Chiefs Dude View Post
                    I would be interested to see Croyle play. I want to see what he can do with this new offense, he has a strong arm. But I hope Cassel gets better soon.
                    Better O-line...better running game...and he's been in the system for a few years...

...and he's healthy.

In Brodie I trust....but get well soon Matt.

Comment

Originally posted by GridironChamp View Post
                      Really?? You think so?

Our playbook appears to be so dumbed down for Cassel, IMO, and you can see it
                      in second half of games when defenses make adjustments to our first half offense.

Sure, he's had some good games but most of it is due to short passes and hitting
                      Bowe off play action.

We'll see if Croyle gets to play. If the offense looks the same with Broadie Croyle
                      starting as it does when Cassel is, then it's much more the system than Cassel.
                      I have really not seen the Chiefs play much this year. Rarely do we see them here. I just go by comments by the talking heads and see the scoreboard finals.

sigpic

Comment

it'll take a least 2 week for Cassel to heal. Croyle will benefit form a much better O line. if he can throw a W on Sun they may let him play vs Rams and give Cassel another week to heal.
                        at least its not a season ending injury.

Comment

Originally posted by kcvet View Post
                          it'll take a least 2 week for Cassel to heal. Croyle will benefit form a much better O line. if he can throw a W on Sun they may let him play vs Rams and give Cassel another week to heal.
                          it's a good point. a chiefs win sunday removes the chargers from contention so it'd be less of a risk to give him more of a rest against the rams the week after then
                          Manning Fatigue (noun): The act of being sick as hell of watching a HOF qb take half of forever to decide what to do and just wishing he'd make up his mind.

Comment

Originally posted by kcvet View Post
                            Yeah it's a good thing he's not playing. The last thing he'd need is a helmet right dab in the middle of where he had the operation.

Comment

the Bolts know Croyle can air it out. even with the bad O line he had. and he takes off with the ball. lets see em D that

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmgMc_kuyzs

Comment

Working...
                              X