Lets recap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lets recap

Before the season started, I made a thread about Keyshawn Johnson predicting the Chiefs to win 10 games and a playoff run. But wow.... even if the Chiefs lose out, they'll still be close to where he predicted. So what's the secret behind KC's success? Matt Cassel or the running game?

I truly didn't believe KC's line was good enough to win that many games, but I was dead wrong.

The 2010 draft...
    #1 Eric Berry
    #2 Dexter McCluster
    #3 Javier Arenas
    #4 Jon Asamoah
    #5 Anthony Moeaki

All these players have contributed in some way to the turnaround success...Berry, Moeaki, and McCluster especially.
    ...and since the Denver blowout, when he was allowed to air it out a bit, Matt Cassel has really stepped it up...I think that game was a real confidence builder for him, and he's gained the confidence of the players/coaching staff along the way.

The veterans (Wiegmann and Vrabel in particular) have held strong and been a good example to the younger players, and the additions of Charlie Weis/Romeo Crennel to the coaching staff are not to be overlooked.

I'm somewhat suprised in the way they've improved...the best part is that this group should be back next year, hopefully as strong or stronger than they are now.
    Last edited by DenverChiefsFan; 12-25-2010, 09:50 AM.

Comment

Don't forget Kendrick Lewis. Our other Rookie Safety. He pulled off two Ints last week. He's been a big contributer this year. This was some Draft class.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The Chiefs Dude View Post
        Don't forget Kendrick Lewis. Our other Rookie Safety. He pulled off two Ints last week. He's been a big contributer this year. This was some Draft class.
        Matt Cassel is beasting today.

Comment

Cassel is the reason, we all saw Croyle's ineptness!!

In all likelihood it goes to the GM and coaching staff.
          Club Leader: Robert Griffin III > Andrew Luck

^^^Get used to it.^^^

Comment

Working...
          X