• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• McD to Chiefs

McD to Chiefs looking more likely.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ida-is-likely/

Well, that didn’t take long.

Less than an hour after we passed along a couple of suggestions that Charlie Weis could leave Kansas City and wind up at University of Florida as offensive coordinator, ESPN’s Chris Mortensen is reporting that Weis’ move to Florida is “likely.”

Chiefs coach Todd Haley was asked about the rumor Friday and said that it was the first he heard of it. Haley didn’t deny the report, according to Kent Babb of the Kansas City Star.

Weis’ possible motivation for a change (and the Chiefs’ motivation to let him go) is unclear. Weis may want to get back into college football or perhaps he and Chiefs coach Todd Haley just didn’t want to continue working together.

Either way, it’s a surprising revelation for perhaps the most improved offense in the league only one week before a home playoff game.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...r-kansas-city/

If there was an offensive coordinator of the year award, we’d vote for Charlie Weis of the Chiefs. Matt Cassel has played mistake-free football, Jamaal Charles might win the rushing title, and a long-struggling offensive line has turned things around.

Despite all that, there is increasing chatter that Weis may not return to the team in 2011.

ESPN’s Chris Mortensen warned on last week’s Countdown not to be surprised if Weis was replaced by Josh McDaniels after the season. That report seemed so out of left field it didn’t really light a media fire.

Now longtime Gainesville Sun columnist Pat Dooley throws gas on the notion, saying that Weis could end up as the offensive coordinator at University of Florida. Here’s Dooley on his radio show, via SportsByBrooks.com:

“In terms of Florida’s Offensive Coordinator, if you’re driving in your car, I want you to pull over. When I say this, you’re going to freak out. . . . I think your new offensive coordinator for the Florida Gators is going to be Charlie Weis.

“I’ve heard this from some people in the NFL, that that’s going on. My first reaction was, ‘are you kidding me, why would Charlie Weis leave Kansas City to go to Florida in the same job’? … Wouldn’t make a whole lot of sense.”

Dooley is a well-respected name that is not known for just throwing stuff against the wall. Dooley’s claim also helps explains Mort’s report.

We’ll keep a close eye on this one in the coming days. It’s unclear which side would be looking for a divorce. Or if its mutual.

The only logical explanation of a Weis-Todd Haley break would be something personal. (Weis wanting a lighter work schedule or to return to college? Personality conflict?) Weis’ results in Kansas City have exceeded all expectations

I really don't want to see Mcd land anywhere in the AFC west because regardless of what I think of him as a head coach that man can get the most out of any QB.

Though as was posted in another thread discussing this same thing, he'll kill their run game if allowed to which wouldn't be a bad thing.
    sigpic

Comment

Well all I can say is that McD will finally get the piece of the puzzle that he so badly wanted and what really started his downfall. I will say that I am not going to be excited to have to play that recreation of the Patriots team twice a year for a little while.
      sigpic

Comment

that offense need to continue to make running the football their staple, with one of the best backs in the NFL in charles.

Mcdaniels doesn't have a history of great rushing attacks so it would be interesting to see.

Comment

The Weis thing has happened. He's going to UF.

The McD hire just seems so improbable.

You don't' think . . . . he made off with a bunch of secret Bronco stuff, do you?

Do you?

Comment

Originally posted by Jay3 View Post
            The Weis thing has happened. He's going to UF.

The McD hire just seems so improbable.

You don't' think . . . . he made off with a bunch of secret Bronco stuff, do you?

Do you?

look at him he looks scary like serial killer scary, dont want him in the afc west. Go to Miami and beat new england twice a year.

Comment

Originally posted by SouthernBronco View Post
              look at him he looks scary like serial killer scary, dont want him in the afc west. Go to Miami and beat new england twice a year.
              Yea but then they'd have to trade marshall again. He better just head to buffalo.
              sigpic

Comment

Jay3, with you saying the Weis thing has happened, is that just based off of what Mortenson is reporting and all of the rumors or "inside information" from a source. I ask this because I am also a Gator fan and think this would be an insane hire for the Gators, in a good way.

Comment

Yeah, don't want McD to any other AFC West team. More motivation for him to beat his former team.
                  sigpic

Comment

How 'bout them Broncos...
                    Rhyme Time: Loose, Caboose. Lose, Boo's. Grieve, Peeve? Cat, Hat and all of that...

Comment

not to worried.
                      PROUD MEMBER OF BRONCOS COUNTRY
                      sigpic

Comment

NE's Rushing Rank's with McD as OC

Attempts, Yards, TD's
                        06- 6th, 12th, 4th
                        07-9th, 13th, 5th
                        08-4th, 6th, 4th <--- With Cassel as QB

NE this year is the lowest they have ranked in Rushing Attempts in a while at 13....

I fail to see how McD knows nothing about using RB's as an OC??
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by vcooper3 View Post
                          Yeah, don't want McD to any other AFC West team. More motivation for him to beat his former team.
                          If he wrecks their offense the same way he wrecked our entire franchise, then I'm all for it.

It makes sense, though. They've good good offensive talent, and we all know how much he loves Matt Cassel.

Comment

McD is an incredible OC. I'd be terrified of him and Romeo on the Cheifs.
                            Brock you like a hurricane!
                            sigpic
                            Think of a bigger, stronger, more handsome Eli Manning.... That's Fargo.

Comment

If he gets hired will Haley shake his hand?
                              When 303 calls... you answer.

sigpic

I thought you guys meant this Coach Fox!

Comment

Working...
                              X