X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chiefs plan to retain Romeo Crennel as head coach

Posted by Michael David Smith on January 7, 2012, 11:47 AM EST

Getty Images
    Romeo Crennel is expected to coach the Kansas City Chiefs for more than three games.

The Chiefs are planning to remove the “interim” tag from Crennel’s job title and make him the head coach on a permanent basis, ESPN’s Adam Schefter is reporting.

When Crennel was first appointed the interim head coach after the firing of Todd Haley, it appeared that the Chiefs needed a bigger change of course than appointing one of Haley’s assistants to the top job would have provided. But Crennel did impressive work in his three weeks on the job, leading the Chiefs to victories over the Packers and Broncos.

The Chiefs also interviewed former Jaguars coach Jack Del Rio and Packers offensive coordinator Joe Philbin, but in the end it looks like they’ve decided the right man for the job was there all along.

Crennel previously spent four seasons as head coach of the Browns, where he went 24-40 and never made the playoffs.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...as-head-coach/
    Decimating the competition, leaving in the wake a blind ambition.

elecshoc
    You will be for ever known as the truth see-er

Romeo is a good coach, I'll say it. His job in Cleveland was not easy; that shouldn't be a indicator of his potential. As a DC, he's been outstanding. Good for him, I'm glad he's got the position.
    Brock you like a hurricane!
    sigpic
    Think of a bigger, stronger, more handsome Eli Manning.... That's Fargo.

Comment

this article is wrong didnt crennell make the playoffs on da pro-bowl year
      sigpic
      oakland raders gm
      latavis murray trade bait

Comment

History lessons aside, Crennel is a better coach than people give him credit for. I'm not happy that he's in our division. He's going to be much better this time around.

Comment

I don't like it, but Congrats to Crennel. I think he was really building something in Cleveland. He deserves another shot.
          sigpic

Comment

very smart, i'd put kc as afc west favorite next season due to this
            sigpic

Comment

I wonder when he will have the coin toss to decide whether to start Orton or Cassell at QB.
              The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie Brown View Post
                I wonder when he will have the coin toss to decide whether to start Orton or Cassell at QB.
                I'm hoping they keep KO around through training camp next year...I'd like 2 see how that would play out.
                KO is not a bench QB...and will not be satisfied as such.
                ...and I will give him credit...KO does have starting QB ability, but I just don't think he has the talent level 2 beat out Cassel 4 the starting job.

Crennel as HC I'm happy with....happier than I would be with Jack DelRio or God forbid Josh McD. They will have Charles, Berry, and Moeaki back next season...if they can form up a solid offensive line and hook another deep threat receiver through FA/draft, it will not bode well 4 the other AFCW teams.

Comment

Good for crennel.

Also orton will be gone. I believe cassell still has some years on that deal they gave him and to be honest orton didnt really blow anyone away and make them think he should be there next year to compete for the starting job. But who knows.

Comment

Chiefs coach Romeo Crennel threw his support behind Matt Cassel at his introductory press conference Monday.
                    Crennel was also noncommittal on Kyle Orton's return, acknowledging Orton's free agent status and saying he "appreciated" Orton's late-season performance in 2011. "Matt Cassel has won here," said Crennel. "We've been to a playoff with Matt Cassel. I don't think Matt Cassel has fallen off the wagon overnight. I think he's a good talent, he's a good quarterback, and he's taken us to a playoff. I anticipate that he can do it again."
                    Decimating the competition, leaving in the wake a blind ambition.

elecshoc
                    You will be for ever known as the truth see-er

Comment

Working...
                    X