2013 Chief Threat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2013 Chief Threat

I for one think the Chiefs have done very well in the off-season.

First you add coach Andy Reid. He'll do better in KC than Philly. The Eagles and their turnstile type QB scenario and the drama. Get beyond that with him and a new approach, a new attitude and new city. He'll be sparked and ready.

Second you add Alex Smith who in San Francisco did pretty well and now with a new situation and new coach, should connect pretty fast.

Jamaal Charles will get sparked by having a QB like Smith. He can actually perform better than before when Quinn had the opportunity to lead the team. His running stats were very impressive outside of our division so with this new attack they will have, this guy is a man to keep an eye on. He racked up 226 on Indy last year. The good news for the AFCW is that he only got 53 on us and only 10 on the Raiders? He did not play against the Chargers.

Side Note on Quinn: I feel bad for this guy a bit. Shuffled around never getting the real chance but a great back up to have IMO. They have a squad ready to prove themselves in camp so who knows what could happen there.

They have Peyton Hillis. In a new scheme with newly sparked enthusiasm it could spark this guy. We all remember and know in Bronco Land how much we hated to see him go.

Moeaki at TE averaged over 10 yards per reception when given the opportunity. His target zone was so small, and if the focus is on him now, look out! Shannon Sharpe type of numbers could come out with his stats.

With the new look offense in KC, they ARE a most serious threat IMO this coming season if playing the shoot out game.

My jury is still out on the defensive match-up

Bottom Line is the Chiefs will be WAY harder than we think. The Chargers will be ho-hum me thinks even with Phyllis at QB.

The Raiders?

Oh well. They are the Raiders. I wonder how much those idiots in the stands pay for their stupid costumes every Sunday just to see a loss?

Haven't they learned yet that it's a joke, it's boring and make all the other teams and their fans just laugh at their so called dominant existence? Oh yeah... Let's dress up like Mad Max and appear threatening.
    Last edited by BroncoManiac_69; 04-09-2013, 10:34 PM.
    :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

A team that had 6 pro bowlers, a solid off season, and only one major hole to fill (QB) should be the biggest threat to Denver.

However, it depends on how well we can sustain a pocket for Smith to stay in. If he has a clean pocket, we should be good.
    Club Leader: Robert Griffin III > Andrew Luck

^^^Get used to it.^^^

Comment

Originally posted by GridironChamp View Post
      A team that had 6 pro bowlers, a solid off season, and only one major hole to fill (QB) should be the biggest threat to Denver.

However, it depends on how well we can sustain a pocket for Smith to stay in. If he has a clean pocket, we should be good.
      One major hole ? That's generous. They were picking #1 for more reasons then just Cassell. The Chiefs won't compete next year, they are building for the future. I think their ceiling is 8-8 but more likely are a 5-6 win team next year.

Their D has some good players, but also some big holes. The DL is pretty weak, the LB crew is pretty good, and Flowers/Berry are good secondary players but there's some big question marks elsewhere.

I like the running game, no surprise they ranked #5 here last year. Charles is good and I liked Knile Davis in the draft.

The biggest problem is the passing game, ranked #32 last year.

Smith is, at best, a game manager. Without Harbraugh it remains to be seen if he's even that. Fisher should do ok at LT but Cassell received a ton of pressure last year, and there's a complete lack of targets.

Bowe is decent but goes missing far too often. Then there's a bunch of unprovens with Baldwin, Avery, a bits and pieces McCluster, Moeaki is decent but won't scare anyone.

I can't see how the Chiefs are going to play the Broncos twice, AFC South and NFC East and score enough points to win.

They brought in Bray undrafted as they need a young QB but I'm not very high on him.

Comment

Folks this section is non smack. Just a heads up. Take this discussion to smack.

sigpic
        The Bronco fan pledge;
        I am a Broncos Fan and I believe
        I believe in Mile High Magic and bleed Orange and Blue.
        I celebrate the Orange Crush, The Drive, and the Mile High Salute.
        I create the THUNDER, share the common dream, and will forever be a proud citizen of
        Bronco's Country.

Adopt a Poster AZ Snake Fan & SecondsAway131

Comment

I think the Chiefs on paper have the talent and coaching to be a .500 team. I think they will make the games vs Denver worth watching and could take 1 out of 2 games vs the Broncos.

The Chiefs on paper are better than the Chargers and have a better chance than Oakland and San Diego to challenge the Broncos in any form.

Oakland and San Diego didn't do anything in FA or the draft that puts them over the hump or makes them better than they was last year. Chargers are on a slide, and Oakland seems to never be able to find success.

But this is all based on how each team looks on paper. When the season starts then we will find out. But I said this last season, the Chiefs are a team that are a few hole fixes from being a wild card team.
          sigpic
          Adopted Broncos:
          EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoManiac_69 View Post
            I for one think the Chiefs have done very well in the off-season.

First you add coach Andy Reid. He'll do better in KC than Philly. The Eagles and their turnstile type QB scenario and the drama. Get beyond that with him and a new approach, a new attitude and new city. He'll be sparked and ready.

Second you add Alex Smith who in San Francisco did pretty well and now with a new situation and new coach, should connect pretty fast.

Jamaal Charles will get sparked by having a QB like Smith. He can actually perform better than before when Quinn had the opportunity to lead the team. His running stats were very impressive outside of our division so with this new attack they will have, this guy is a man to keep an eye on. He racked up 226 on Indy last year. The good news for the AFCW is that he only got 53 on us and only 10 on the Raiders? He did not play against the Chargers.

Side Note on Quinn: I feel bad for this guy a bit. Shuffled around never getting the real chance but a great back up to have IMO. They have a squad ready to prove themselves in camp so who knows what could happen there.

They have Peyton Hillis. In a new scheme with newly sparked enthusiasm it could spark this guy. We all remember and know in Bronco Land how much we hated to see him go.

Moeaki at TE averaged over 10 yards per reception when given the opportunity. His target zone was so small, and if the focus is on him now, look out! Shannon Sharpe type of numbers could come out with his stats.

With the new look offense in KC, they ARE a most serious threat IMO this coming season if playing the shoot out game.

My jury is still out on the defensive match-up

Bottom Line is the Chiefs will be WAY harder than we think. The Chargers will be ho-hum me thinks even with Phyllis at QB.

The Raiders?

Oh well. They are the Raiders. I wonder how much those idiots in the stands pay for their stupid costumes every Sunday just to see a loss?

Haven't they learned yet that it's a joke, it's boring and make all the other teams and their fans just laugh at their so called dominant existence? Oh yeah... Let's dress up like Mad Max and appear threatening.
            Andy had baggage in Philly.. His long time DC died his Son had a drug problem and died, that should all be over and KC fans while rowdy are nothing like this idiots in Philly..

He is a great coach took 3-4 teams to the NFCCG games team that were not all that talented..

He has a bunch of defensive players that I would love to have.. Alex Smith while not being Manning is a very solid QB in the right scheme.. they have a couple of dynamic RB's and lack perhaps only at WR.. not sure what they did there in the off season, but that area is more easily addressed than some..IIRC they had more legit Pro bowlers than we did..

They will win a lot more games this coming season than AFCW fans want to believe.. Andy will put the fans back in the stadium and it will be a feared place to go to again..

Comment

Chiefs are no threat to win the division. Broncos have it locked up.

Comment

Originally posted by RaiderFanSD View Post
                Chiefs are no threat to win the division. Broncos have it locked up.
                KC has made loads more progress this year than the rest of the division.. they were a good coaching staff away last year from winning a lot more games than the rest of the AFCW teams..

I doubt that any team can beat us for the division, but it will not be the cake walk it was last year..

Comment

Aww... Don't be so hard on the Black Hole gang BM. Most of them are long time season ticket holders ( I am assuming) and traditionalists. & I know what work it is to be in a costume. I can barely wear Mugo's head. That Vader dude, I got a LOT of respect for that guy. And the face painters.

To do it EVERY GAME!!! That's too much for me. lol

But if I could get something like that going on the Club level....

I too think the Chiefs will be a much stronger team this coming year. I have a feeling that their big changes will have more of an impact than the Chargers.

It's the Chiefs game I am currently most looking forward to going to this year, as far as the usual three go. I expect that to be the closest, most competitive game of the three.

And although I have respect for some of their fans, I just am not even concerned at all about the Raiders this year. But ya never know. They are always a fun game. I'll be concerned about them on Monday Night, that's for sure!

I'm actually a little worried about that game. They just have a way of ruining a good home MNF game.

But the Chiefs? Yeah, I think they are gonna be the team on our heels in the division.

Comment

I think KC has a lot going for them going into the season. Lets face it Romeo didn't have what it takes to coach a rebuilding team. He's kinda like ole Foxxy. If he were to go to a team with a Defense that was already solid and playing at a top 5 level and had a decent QB at the least then he'd be a decent coach..

Reid will be pretty aggressive in KC. I'd say by far the best coach they've had since Dick Vermeil

Comment

Sorry, I don't believe the Chiefs will be a threat this season. Sure they have some talented players, but Andy Reid didn't take any time off between his job with the Eagles and getting on with the Chiefs.

His choice is QB's is questionable, Alex Smith has a good record when his team has the lead, but when they're trailing it's not so good. He's also prone to turnovers. Jamal Charles already tore one ACL, his life expectancy isn't that great, and the Chiefs haven't had a defense since...well, since forever lol.

They might finish 6-10, 7-9 at best, but this is a rebuilding year for them. They are no threat.
                      Super Bowl XXXII, XXXIII & 50 Champs

Comment

Originally posted by Safety View Post
                        Sorry, I don't believe the Chiefs will be a threat this season. Sure they have some talented players, but Andy Reid didn't take any time off between his job with the Eagles and getting on with the Chiefs.

His choice is QB's is questionable, Alex Smith has a good record when his team has the lead, but when they're trailing it's not so good. He's also prone to turnovers. Jamal Charles already tore one ACL, his life expectancy isn't that great, and the Chiefs haven't had a defense since...well, since forever lol.

They might finish 6-10, 7-9 at best, but this is a rebuilding year for them. They are no threat.
                        Couldn't have said it better myself...

Comment

Originally posted by Safety View Post

not sure what the relevancy is about Andy R taking any time off might be..

while they SHOULD not be a threat they will spoil some teams this year and two automatic wins from the near past will not be there anymore..

Broncos will have to prepare for them a bit more than in the past..

They will surprise a lot of teams this coming year..

Comment

Originally posted by Garfield View Post
                            not sure what the relevancy is about Andy R taking any time off might be..

while they SHOULD not be a threat they will spoil some teams this year and two automatic wins from the near past will not be there anymore..

Broncos will have to prepare for them a bit more than in the past..

They will surprise a lot of teams this coming year..
                            he's coached 14 years consecutively. most coaches take a year or two off, to re-energize, de-stress from the hectic pace of NFL life. Andy Reid hasn't done that, and he was in burnout mode in Philly, I don't see him having a big impact in KC.

they ain't gonna surprise anyone. except maybe the Raiders.
                            Super Bowl XXXII, XXXIII & 50 Champs

Comment

I have to see the new product on the field before I can say anything or believe it to be any kind of challenge this season, or moving forward. Andy Reid could go in there and completely bomb. You know, abandoning the run game, and forcing his QB to throw 40 times a game for no reason, like he does. If he coaches in KC against us like he coached in Philly, our secondary is going to have a field day. Not really sold on their o-line either, but at least the ends should be good.

Comment

Working...
                              X