• Show
Clear All

Go Bucks......Beat LSU.............
    My 3 favorite teams:
    1.The Denver Broncos
    2.The Ohio State Buckeyes
    3.Any team who plays Michigan

Comment

Knowing the NCAA is going to lay the smack down on the Buckeyes in August and for what many would view as a tarnished legacy left behind by Jim Tressel ... I wanted to take a moment and rejoice in the career he had with the Buckeyes and one that as fan of I am very thankful for experiencing ...

The most important stat during his career
      http://espn.go.com/blog/statsinfo/po...-at-ohio-state
      * 9-1 record against archrival Michigan and is the only Ohio State coach to defeat the Wolverines in seven consecutive games.

* Tressel is tied with Oklahoma's Bob Stoops for the most appearances by a coach in BCS bowls (8). He boasts a 5-3 record that includes a 1-2 mark in games that decided the national championship.

* Tressel has guided Ohio State to 10 or more wins in six consecutive seasons, the fifth-longest such streak in FBS history and the longest in Big Ten history.

* Tressel is the only coach in NCAA history to win more than 100 games at two separate schools (Youngstown State and Ohio State).

* Tressel's 106 wins are the third most by an Ohio State coach, behind Woody Hayes (205) and John Cooper (111). His winning percentage of .827, meanwhile, is significantly higher than both Hayes (.761) and Cooper (.715).

Not noted here is Tressel is 8th all time in winning % Look at the names above him see how many of them you honestly actually recognize
      http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/...ch-career.html

* Tressel last year became the third-fastest coach in Big Ten history to reach 100 victories, doing so in his 121st game. Michigan's Bo Schembechler and Fielding Yost both reached the 100-win mark in 119 games.

* Under Tressel, the Buckeyes spent 14 weeks as the No. 1-ranked team.

Not noted here is Most Consecutive Weeks Ranked in AP Poll 100 next is Bama at 49,Boise St 45,TCU 41...Now people can view that however they want but not matter how its viewed its dominance is undeniable

* Tressel's Big Ten winning percentage ranks second in league history behind only Schembechler (.850).

* He coached 21 first-team All-Americans at Ohio State and 47 first-team All-Big Ten selections.
      Even though the Buckeyes will most likely only be playing for pride the next couple of years in times of adversity welcome the challenge that lies ahead
      :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo:

Comment

Larry Dean!

Originally posted by LarryDean View Post
        Knowing the NCAA is going to lay the smack down on the Buckeyes in August and for what many would view as a tarnished legacy left behind by Jim Tressel ... I wanted to take a moment and rejoice in the career he had with the Buckeyes and one that as fan of I am very thankful for experiencing ...

The most important stat during his career
        http://espn.go.com/blog/statsinfo/po...-at-ohio-state

Even though the Buckeyes will most likely only be playing for pride the next couple of years in times of adversity welcome the challenge that lies ahead
        I feel your pain, Bro. Maybe you will end up with Urban Meyer.

On the win/loss % issue, I knew all those coaches except Charlie Moran. I'm reading Frank Leahy's book, Notre Dame Football: The T Formation, right now. Knute Rockne ran the Notre Dame Box, a balanced line Single Wing. Switzer ran the Wishbone. Osborne ran the Option I. Fielding Yost coached before the 1906 rules change. Neyland ran the Single Wing (unbalanced line, I think) at Tennessee.

Now I need to study up on Charlie Moran. Thanks, Bro!

Wow! Gary Patterson is #19 and about to enter the Big East Conference.
        "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post

On the win/loss % issue, I knew all those coaches except Charlie Moran. I'm reading Frank Leahy's book, Notre Dame Football: The T Formation, right now. Knute Rockne ran the Notre Dame Box, a balanced line Single Wing. Switzer ran the Wishbone. Osborne ran the Option I. Fielding Yost coached before the 1906 rules change. Neyland ran the Single Wing (unbalanced line, I think) at Tennessee.

Now I need to study up on Charlie Moran. Thanks, Bro!

Wow! Gary Patterson is #19 and about to enter the Big East Conference.
          Nothing average about you Sam !

Its not a pretty sight by no means but imagine a man wearing a sweater vest and Shanahan huggies and that pretty much sums me up atm ...

Comment

Highest Winning % College Coaches

Nothing average about you Sam !

Its not a pretty sight by no means but imagine a man wearing a sweater vest and Shanahan huggies and that pretty much sums me up atm ...
            That is a very cool list and I do love lists.

Tied for fifth at .8333 is Charley Moran and Fielding Yost.

Fielding Yost coached from 1897-1926 mostly at Michigan, but briefly at five other schools. He began coaching at Michigan in 1901. He wrote a book, Football for Player and Spectator, published in 1905. At that time his offense was the Full House T Formation with some interesting variations. It is an under center offense. His coaching tree is impressive. Thirty-five who played for him or were his assistants became head coaches.

Charley Moran coached from 1909-1933 at Texas A&M, Centre, Bucknell, Catawba and for the Frankford Yellow Jackets. He began his coaching as an assistant under Pop Warner at Carlisle Indian School. He probably learned the Single/Double Wing from Warner before he left to coach at Tex A&M.

Those formations and plays are well described in Warner's 1927 book, Football for Coaches & Players. Warner's offense is direct snap. Among other things, Warner invented the huddle, shoulder pads, helmets, tackling dummies and blocking sleds; i.e., football stuff we have taken for granted for a long time.

Comment

That is a very cool list and I do love lists.

Tied for fifth at .8333 is Charley Moran and Fielding Yost.

Fielding Yost coached from 1897-1926 mostly at Michigan, but briefly at five other schools. He began coaching at Michigan in 1901. He wrote a book, Football for Player and Spectator, published in 1905. At that time his offense was the Full House T Formation with some interesting variations. It is an under center offense. His coaching tree is impressive. Thirty-five who played for him or were his assistants became head coaches.

Charley Moran coached from 1909-1933 at Texas A&M, Centre, Bucknell, Catawba and for the Frankford Yellow Jackets. He began his coaching as an assistant under Pop Warner at Carlisle Indian School. He probably learned the Single/Double Wing from Warner before he left to coach at Tex A&M.

Those formations and plays are well described in Warner's 1927 book, Football for Coaches & Players. Warner's offense is direct snap. Among other things, Warner invented the huddle, shoulder pads, helmets, tackling dummies and blocking sleds; i.e., football stuff we have taken for granted for a long time.
              Good god man

Comment

Meyer isn't going anywhere near this program. They're gonna lose a ton of scholarships and a couple of years of postseason eligibility.
                sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
                  Meyer isn't going anywhere near this program. They're gonna lose a ton of scholarships and a couple of years of postseason eligibility.
                  This is the question atm ... I would think they're certainly going to lose a bowl game this year and as more information surfaces about Pryor and other players it seems to be only getting worse ...

The players and coach have all ready been handed the 5 games suspension for the memorabilia..It will be interesting to see what other sanctions they put on the school considering Tressel's resignation

It seems Ohio is evenly split but me personally I don't Urban Meyer as the head coach ...

Comment

Fasten your seatbelt.

This is the question atm ... I would think they're certainly going to lose a bowl game this year and as more information surfaces about Pryor and other players it seems to be only getting worse ...

The players and coach have all ready been handed the 5 games suspension for the memorabilia..It will be interesting to see what other sanctions they put on the school considering Tressel's resignation

It seems Ohio is evenly split but me personally I don't Urban Meyer as the head coach ...
                    Based on the punishment USC got, Ohio State will get more due to the more systemic nature of the violations.

Meyer is a more innovative coach than Tressel. Is there something about the Meyers that makes them innovative (i.e., Leo R. "Dutch" Meyer)?

Cory says Meyer won't be interested in Ohio State due to the competitive disadvantages posed by the NCAA sanctions. Maybe so, maybe not.

Comment

Based on the punishment USC got, Ohio State will get more due to the more systemic nature of the violations.

Meyer is a more innovative coach than Tressel. Is there something about the Meyers that makes them innovative (i.e., Leo R. "Dutch" Meyer)?

Cory says Meyer won't be interested in Ohio State due to the competitive disadvantages posed by the NCAA sanctions. Maybe so, maybe not.
                      It would seem like a big slap on the face to gators fans if he does imo. Not that it will stop him though but I doubt he goes there.

Comment

Pryor isn't going back next year going to make himself available in the supplemental draft.

Comment

Working...
                        X