Colt Brennan - Bronco QB?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RealBronco View Post
    Sure, Hawaii is playing better this year. But they didn't do a whole lot last year. So...I don't know about "improving" maybe very slowly. And Brennan wasn't spectacular enough to get his team any place.
    Okay RealBronco it's obvious that you don't know anything about UH if you don't realize what they accomplished last year. Apparently not going undefeated and winning a BCS game means your season was a failure. I don't blame you though, I'd be blinded by the limelight too.

21 allowed by the Defense + Pick for 6 + Punt return TD = 35. Offense, Defense, and Special Teams are separate units. Might wanna check the scoring summary next time.

I'm done bumping this thread to argue with you, it's pointless. Maybe I'll start a WAC discussion thread, but I don't really see a point.. you and I may be the only WAC fans on this board.

And good job with the reading comprehension on the Ian Johnson comment. :brick:

Comment

Originally posted by Double_L View Post
      Okay RealBronco it's obvious that you don't know anything about UH if you don't realize what they accomplished last year. Apparently not going undefeated and winning a BCS game means your season was a failure. I don't blame you though, I'd be blinded by the limelight too.

21 allowed by the Defense + Pick for 6 + Punt return TD = 35. Offense, Defense, and Special Teams are separate units. Might wanna check the scoring summary next time.

I'm done bumping this thread to argue with you, it's pointless. Maybe I'll start a WAC discussion thread, but I don't really see a point.. you and I may be the only WAC fans on this board.

And good job with the reading comprehension on the Ian Johnson comment. :brick:
      awww...how cute. he's getting upset.

anyway, good luck with nevada...hahahaha. and i don't check jack when i post things...i just go with it. besides, i wouldn't boast about "only giving up 21" points... that's kind of more than you want.

and i love when people think i can't comprehend reading. it's basically humorous to me. but just to clarify, i'm not basing my opinion that i think Colt is overrated on the past few games. I'm looking at since he took over as starting QB. I've yet to see him be "amazing" and like I said if you throw 5 picks to Idaho...then yikes... If you want to see amazing, did you watch Tharp and Kaepernick basically straight up shoot it out this evening? Nevada's freshman quarterback looked like he'd eat Brennan alive. And combined they threw for over 560 yards and ONE interception and seven touchdowns. Now there are two impressive performances. Trafalis isn't too shabby either. Not great, but his performance was just about as good as Brennan's.

and I see you don't know much about the BCS and how hard it is for mid-majors to make a name for themselves in the "big kid pool" because last time I checked, yeah...not going undefeated means you get screwed out of a lot of things in the BCS...unless you're USC or Florida or whoever. But if you're Boise State, or Hawaii, or anyone else....you better go undefeated and make it impossible to doubt, otherwise, it's just that, impossible to get recognition.

At least we're clear on a couple things, or maybe I'll help clear it up here. I see the potential in Hawaii. But without their mediocre overrated quarterback, they're not undefeated. And that's pretty sad that a guy who throws so many picks and isn't really that good is the main reason they're staying afloat. That being said, I again, am still rooting for them to stay tough and go all the way (even if it means beating Boise) because if they can do that, then it helps the WAC as a whole. We used to have Fresno's help but they've decided to suck hard. Nevada's too on and off again with their seasons, and the rest, well... yeah.

Also, I had a thread where I basically said I don't expect much from Boise this year. Sure, I hoped we'd go undefeated again, and I believe we would've had we not played a crappy game against a Washington team that didn't even play much better...but anyway, Boise lost 22 seniors...they're going to need time to rebuild and while they do, the BCS will run along and forget they ever made a 5 year straight appearance.

So...maybe it's Hawaii's turn...or at least they can help keep the WAC fresh on the voters minds. Let's hope.
      Last edited by RealBronco; 10-15-2007, 12:16 AM.
      sigpic

DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Comment

Originally posted by barbsteroly View Post
        Who else thinks Colt Brennan would be a great addition to the Broncos in the 2008 draft? Brennan's stats can be viewed at:

http://colt.hawaiiathletics.com
        Yeah, let's go get a guy named COLT, who sucks.

Comment

Working...
        X