No announcement yet.

I think my WR coach is a [email protected]$$.. need help with some technique

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think my WR coach is a [email protected]$$.. need help with some technique

Season is over. We won last night 14-13. 3-6 season.

Now I want to become an even better WR. My WR coach is a dumbass. And I mean that.

Somebody tell me the correct stance and how to get off the line.

He tells us to push off of our front foot and not your back foot, but what sense does that make?

And is your inside or outside foot up on the LOS?
    MMA News
    MMA News 247

Well my old WR coach told us to push off our back foot and the inside foot was on the line of scrimmage.

But I hated him, so I didn't pay attention to him that much.

Comment

Originally posted by champbronc2 View Post
      Season is over. We won last night 14-13. 3-6 season.

Now I want to become an even better WR. My WR coach is a dumbass. And I mean that.

Somebody tell me the correct stance and how to get off the line.

He tells us to push off of our front foot and not your back foot, but what sense does that make?

And is your inside or outside foot up on the LOS?
      Inside foot on the LOS. Other than that, I don't know.

Comment

I'll start off with I really don't know, so take this with more than just a grain of salt, but on the show Sports Science on FSN they did a segment on how quickly Jerry Rice could get off the line of scrimmage.

The high speed camera showed him shift his weight back and push off from his back foot. It was completely clear he was using his back foot.
        RIP Darrent Williams

Comment

Uhh, I've always been coached that it depends on what route you're running which determines which foot is on the line. (Generally, it's your inside foot -- one closest to the QB) but if you're running a say quick slant, or a 1 step and going to the flats (towards the sideline) they say to have your outside foot on the line...

I'm guessing it's because your first step should be with your inside foot, and you should on those routes plant and go off that step.

You do, however, always take your first step with your 'furthest back' foot.

Thank you Skywalker for the Marshall sig!
          sigpic

Thank you Damien and Darrent for the memories. You will never be forgotten!

Comment

i'm tired, forgive me

Wouldn't you get better acceleration if you pushed off with your front since you don't have to kind of step back?

Comment

It's always inside foot on the LOS. I haven't seen otherwise. I don't know whether to push off front or back foot, both seem to work fine for me. But I seem to be slower when pushing off back foot because I have a small stance, and then taking a step back when I push off.

My school's vars receivers are also hunched over a lot on the LOS, it looks ugly but I guess it works. Lowers your center of gravity vs the bump?

But that's about all I know.

Comment

I always had my right foot as the back foot and pushed off with it. Worked with me and was never told not to so....... either it was bad coaching or they didnt tell me anything cause it worked well for me.

Push off with whatever foot you feel is the strongest. It will give you a better burst. With deciding on what foot to put in back, thats really all about comfort.

Thats all my opinion, so really. Do whatcha want

Comment

I push off with my back foot and have the inside foot on the LOS
                  If I'm 1 yard behind it's the outside foot.
                  I think it depends on the routs you run: if you run a 3 yard slant it's easier with the inside foot, if it would be a 3 yard flat I'd rather take the outside foot
                  "Brady... drops back... sees receiver wide open... and throws it away"

Comment

My old coach always used to say to put all your weight on the front foot, so that you have to take that first step.

He also said never give anything away. So I guess inside foot on the line, always, so you dont let the corner have a guess at what sort of route youre running.
                    sigpic

I think Ben Tate will be the best back taken in the 2010 draft. (5/3/10)
                    SportsXPicks, check out the Rants and Opinions section

Comment

Working...
                    X