Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jordan Freakin' Dizon

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by Orange_Crush21 View Post
    There's no telling with this guy. He's one of those recruits who likes to screw around with the public so you have to take a lot of his updates with a grain of salt. Josh Smith gives CU a great chance at landing the kid. In addition to CU, it seems like Florida, Texas, Florida State, USC, et al all have a great chance. I'll say it again, there's really no telling with him.
    Personally I think he's going to be in Black and Gold next year......

    Comment


    • #17
      Drafting Wheatley and Dizon looks pretty good right now

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by str8jacket View Post
        Drafting Wheatley and Dizon looks pretty good right now
        Dizon is looking like a good choice for linebacker right now for the Broncos.
        sigpic

        Comment


        • #19
          ya broncos need him badly. i really hope he wins the butkis award this year, he deserves it.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Orange_Crush21 View Post
            There's no telling with this guy. He's one of those recruits who likes to screw around with the public so you have to take a lot of his updates with a grain of salt. Josh Smith gives CU a great chance at landing the kid. In addition to CU, it seems like Florida, Texas, Florida State, USC, et al all have a great chance. I'll say it again, there's really no telling with him.
            do you anything about the new recruit, polk? there aren't any highlights videos of him, do you think he's a good enough runningback to start as a true freshman for us next year?

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by DrunkPanda View Post
              do you anything about the new recruit, polk? there aren't any highlights videos of him, do you think he's a good enough runningback to start as a true freshman for us next year?
              From what I hear, he is the real deal. Like you, I haven't been able to see any videos though. People who have seen him in person typically have nothing but good things to say.

              My guess is that he will probably red shirt. It looks like PT Gates will be enrolling in January and I expect him to start next year. If Scott commits my guess is that it they will use a combination of Gates, Scott, Lockridge, and Sumler with Gates and Scott getting the most work. That would allow them to red shirt Polk in which case they would be looking at Scott, Polk, and Lockridge in 2009 and 2010.

              If Scott doesn't commit I would expect that Polk would probably play next season with Gates as the starter.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Orange_Crush21 View Post
                From what I hear, he is the real deal. Like you, I haven't been able to see any videos though. People who have seen him in person typically have nothing but good things to say.

                My guess is that he will probably red shirt. It looks like PT Gates will be enrolling in January and I expect him to start next year. If Scott commits my guess is that it they will use a combination of Gates, Scott, Lockridge, and Sumler with Gates and Scott getting the most work. That would allow them to red shirt Polk in which case they would be looking at Scott, Polk, and Lockridge in 2009 and 2010.

                If Scott doesn't commit I would expect that Polk would probably play next season with Gates as the starter.
                Scott is going to be visiting CU this weekend for the Mizzou game. Im gonna go to the walk through and hold up a sign lol

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by str8jacket View Post
                  Scott is going to be visiting CU this weekend for the Mizzou game. Im gonna go to the walk through and hold up a sign lol
                  That's awesome! You know Josh Smith is going to show him a good time.

                  Here's to upsetting Mizzou today.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    wow. i guess we can say goodbye to any recruits that were at this game... i'm surprised any of our fans stayed past halftime, i wouldn't have (i watched every game that was on tv last year beginning to end, but i didn't switch to the game once tonight after the first half ended).

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by DrunkPanda View Post
                      wow. i guess we can say goodbye to any recruits that were at this game... i'm surprised any of our fans stayed past halftime, i wouldn't have (i watched every game that was on tv last year beginning to end, but i didn't switch to the game once tonight after the first half ended).
                      There's no doubt that this was a horrible loss. That being said, I wouldn't worry too much about the recruits who were visiting. I think that most of them are smart enough not to base their decision on one game. Even though it was a tough set back the recruits will hang around as long as CU can bounce back.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        I was at the game last night and regardless of the score i had a good time. I met some cool Mizzou fans and we just had a good time. It's not even like I expected us to win....Missouri is a hell of a team. I saw Scott once before the game laughing with Smith and a couple of other players so I'm pretty sure he had a good time.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          CU has advantage in luring top tailback recruit Scott

                          By Kyle Ringo (Contact)
                          Sunday, November 4, 2007
                          Photo Gallery
                          Colorado vs Missouri Football

                          University of Colorado played the University of Missouri at Folsom Field.

                          Colorado's Patrick Williams is tackled by most of the Missouri defense during their football game at Folsom Field in Boulder, Colorado November 03, 2007. CAMERA/Mark Leffingwell

                          Enlarge photos | View thumbnails

                          The best news Saturday for the Colorado football program came from one of its recruits.

                          Darrell Scott, the No. 1-ranked tailback recruit in the nation, visited Saturday from California and didn't immediately run for the airport after watching Missouri soundly defeat the Buffs 55-10. In fact, Scott acknowledged CU is solidly in the lead to earn his signature on national signing day in the first week of February.

                          A family tie is working to CU's advantage.

                          Scott's uncle is CU true freshman wide receiver Josh Smith. The two played on the same team a year ago and Scott said he would like to be reunited with Smith.

                          "Family comes first," Scott said. "It is a big deal. It's weird cause I really do want to play with him. Colorado has an advantage over everybody else with that."

                          Scott said CU coaches told him he will have a good chance at earning the starting job at CU as a true freshman next season if chooses to play in Boulder. He said coaches have emphasized that he will have to work for that job.

                          "I'm willing to work for anything," he said.

                          Scott has four more official visits to make and said he might wait until signing day to announce his decision. He said he also could make a decision at the Army All-American game in January.

                          He said he plans to visit Louisiana State and Florida for sure and will schedule two more visits in the near future. Scott was also impressed with Missouri on Saturday and referred to the Tigers as "a team of giants."

                          Overall, Scott said he was impressed with Colorado, despite the way the Buffs played.

                          "I'm coming in with an open mind, trying to see how this university is and I like it so far," Scott said. "They had a tough game, but it comes with the territory. They're a rebuilding program. They're trying to get back to where they were in 1990."
                          http://www.buffzone.com/news/2007/no...lback-recruit/
                          Last edited by str8jacket; 11-04-2007, 10:30 AM.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X